New model info.

General Chat about the forum, it's members & their trucks.
Morpheus
Reactions score: 0
Make/Model: Xterra
Year: 2003
Tim's: 3x3

New model info.

Post by Morpheus »

I have no pics, but some info was shared with me today.

By spring(ish) we will have a new maxima

By fall 2015 the titan xtra duty with cummins diesel will be released.
There will also be a heavy duty model released under the NV line.

Fall 2015 will also bring a new Altima with all wheel drive.
(FOG MEMBER)-FRIENDS OF GEOFFREY

Epic thread: http://www.cntc.ca/phpbb3/viewtopic.php?f=75&t=3676
Miner
Don't follow me, you wont make it.
Make/Model: Cummins 2500 HD
Year: 2012
Tim's: McD's 3C1S

Re: New model info.

Post by Miner »

Eagerly awaiting any information on the Xtra Duty and Heavy Duty. We're supposed to see the new Titan in Detroit at the January car show.
Cummins - Zone, BD, AFE, Yokohama, Bestop, Access, VisonX, H&S
Simon wrote:It's not like the membership voted under control of a heavy hand...

Dammit, I've said too much...I'll have to ban you now
Snafu
Reactions score: 1
Make/Model: Xterra S
Year: 2007
Tim's: Double milk - no sugar

Post by Snafu »

Interesting news. I will be curious to see how the new Titan will be positioned against Dodge and other diesel pickups. I like the idea of the Ram eco-diesel but this is a $5g option for the motor and mandatory tranny upgrade (more expensive than the hemi option). Frontier with a small diesel would be nice too.

Altima all-wheel drive? Nice. If it is based on the Infinity then any issues should be resolved before the model comes out. Hmmm, maybe I wont have to keep buying subarus :)
Worlds Greatest Acronym:
A.D.O.S.S: Attention Deficit Oooooo Something Shiny! (thanks Simon!)

RIP - Keyser - July 2000 to September 2010 - hope we were as loyal to you as you were to us.
CruiserRomey
I've used 4-lo
I've used 4-lo
Make/Model: Toyota Land Cruiser
Year: 7891
Tim's: 1/2 hot choc. 1/2 coffee

Post by CruiserRomey »

awd based on the infinity? take that further back to the 80's and it's been based on the skyline for a long time. tried tested and true :)

just my guess, with that cummins under the hood and cummins under the dodges, i'm certain they positioned it so that they don't compete necessarily (new engine design). anyway, it'll be interesting to see how the sales will look in the next couple years. and i hope they do bring out the frontier with a diesel too.
Miner

Post by Miner »

The "Xtra Duty" will not compete with the HD and SD domestic trucks. Nissan is on record saying it is not entering the 3/4 ton truck segment, they're building something for the market that demands more than a 1/2 ton but doesn't need the jump up to a 3/4 ton truck. Especially those that want a diesel but can't justify a $10,000-$15,000 premium for a 800 ft-lbs diesel. I think there's a market for a diesel in between the Eco and HD/SD offerings, something that can tow but is ladden down by the extra weight of an SD/HD truck or its heavy engine.

I hope the engine doesn't carry a heavy premium. I understand the difference between a Hemi with the 7-speed auto and the Eco-Diesel is under $3,000, and that I could justify if the towing capability was improved.

CruiserRomey
I've used 4-lo
I've used 4-lo

Post by CruiserRomey »

so its a 5/8 ton rig. lol. wouldn't be surprised if cummins had big stipulations in this deal so they don't piss off dodge.
Snafu

Post by Snafu »

Miner wrote:I hope the engine doesn't carry a heavy premium. I understand the difference between a Hemi with the 7-speed auto and the Eco-Diesel is under $3,000, and that I could justify if the towing capability was improved.
If it improves the towing and fuel economy for towing then perhaps the difference in price is justified. Hard to say without any real world numbers

On the face of it, I am still not convinced the premium price for the diesel over the hemi is justified. Wonder if it really costs that much more to build/warranty.

But back to Nissan :D

Still want a decent diesel in the Frontiers and Xterras (hopefully before Dodge brings one out for the Heeps)
Worlds Greatest Acronym:

RIP - Keyser - July 2000 to September 2010 - hope we were as loyal to you as you were to us.
Xcited
Premium Member
Premium Member
Make/Model: Ram 1500 Sport CC
Year: 2014
Tim's: Lg x3/x3 + chdr bagel

Post by Xcited »

Although I did just buy a new 2014 Ram 1500 to replace the old Titan, I am also still eagerly awaiting the new Titan. If all looks good, I may just be back into Nissan again! :)
"20 yrs from now you'll be more disappointed by things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." - Mark Twain
Bow_Tied
Reactions score: 3
Make/Model: Xterra P4X ZR2 Bison
Year: '15/20
Tim's: Medium DD

Post by Bow_Tied »

#MoreRon

"Most of the members are people, but there are a few exceptions." - Miner
CruiserRomey
I've used 4-lo
I've used 4-lo

Post by CruiserRomey »

Snafu wrote:
Miner wrote:I hope the engine doesn't carry a heavy premium. I understand the difference between a Hemi with the 7-speed auto and the Eco-Diesel is under $3,000, and that I could justify if the towing capability was improved.
If it improves the towing and fuel economy for towing then perhaps the difference in price is justified. Hard to say without any real world numbers

On the face of it, I am still not convinced the premium price for the diesel over the hemi is justified. Wonder if it really costs that much more to build/warranty.

But back to Nissan :D

Still want a decent diesel in the Frontiers and Xterras (hopefully before Dodge brings one out for the Heeps)
the fact that everyone's drooling over this new cummins is justification enough. they obviously thought about the market and did their R&D so they can make profits in the long run. people will buy it an will plan on keeping it for the long run to get their moneys worth. this is why you will rarely see a low mileage diesel jetta or dodge/cummins truck for sale. i can rant all over again how stupid it is for n.america to not have the diesel options that you find in europe, asia, africa, and s.america.. cuz in those continents, it's been justified for years (regardless of cost of fuel)!

but it's a new engine and nobody really knows how it'll fair in the long run. maybe it won't live up to the the old cumin's engine standards, maybe unforeseen glitches and issues will show up in 3 or 5 years leading to a recall. it would be a gamble especially for a vehicle with a new engine design. or the cummins delivers and far outlasts the rest of the truck with our canadian winters and typical lower build standards, lol. so, guess i'll just patiently wait for a supposed frontier with a cummins then see how it does, and get one used, lol. i would be all over a 4door diesel pickup as a next family rig. (or go back to the jdm market for more options :) ) anyway, we could probably all agree that we all want the light/medium duty diesel pickup truck flood gates to open! thanks to Nissan for throwing the first punch in n.america! :thumbup:
Snafu

Post by Snafu »

Very slick!
Worlds Greatest Acronym:

Adam
Reactions score: 3
Make/Model: Xterra SE SC
Year: 2002
Tim's: Medium Regular

Post by Adam »

Those wheels though :eek:

There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life. -Frank Zappa
PiDGE
Make/Model: Nissan Frontier KC
Year: 2005
Tim's: not my real name

Post by PiDGE »

That new Maxima looks slick. Any idea on a mid size truck? Have you any news on the mid size trucks as of yet?
Early to bed...Early to rise...Fish all day...Make up lies
Morpheus
Make/Model: Xterra
Year: 2003
Tim's: 3x3

Post by Morpheus »

nope. nothing yet...
(FOG MEMBER)-FRIENDS OF GEOFFREY

Epic thread: http://www.cntc.ca/phpbb3/viewtopic.php?f=75&t=3676
Miner

Post by Miner »

There's the diesel prerunner "concept" with the 4 cylinder that was developed by Cummins in the Titan Atlas project. There's at least one Frontier with one being driven at press events. You can find reports and a video online.