Hello from the Netherlands

Welcome to CNTC. Please check in here before posting!
IDH
Reactions score: 0
Make/Model: Patrol
Year: 1998

Hello from the Netherlands

Post by IDH »

Hello CNTC,
i'm from the Netherlands (Europe). I have found this site do my search of Nissan off Road Vehicle's in Canada. We have a company in the Netherlands that is called Dutch Auto Parts. We specialize in Diesel parts for mainly Vw and Audi. We are contacted severel times form overseas for Diesel parts for Nissan. That is why i checked out this forum! Maybe we can serve Nissan enthousiast in Canada! We are also exporting whole cars to Canada. Mainly Vw's and Audi but maybe there is also a demand of Nissan Patrol, Navara, and Terrano. Al the cars over here are LHD. (left hand drive) with many options. I will make a donation to CNTC!

Greetings Martijn
Bow_Tied
Reactions score: 3
Make/Model: Xterra P4X ZR2 Bison
Year: '15/20
Tim's: Medium DD

Re: Hello from the Netherlands

Post by Bow_Tied »

Welcome!!

I have been to Amsterdamn and Rotterdam and enjoyed my visit. I also have family in the area of the Hague.

This club is primarily petrol based Nissan products (Pathfinder and Xterra) but there might a few exceptions.

If you have access to Patrol parts, I suggest you check out the Canadian forum at http://www.patrol4x4.com/forum/canadian-4x4-36/
Canadians there sometimes need Nissan parts/diesel parts.

Cheers.
#MoreRon

"Most of the members are people, but there are a few exceptions." - Miner
the x kid
Premium Member
Premium Member
Reactions score: 2
Make/Model: Jeep JKUR
Year: 2013
Tim's: Med 2 milks 1 sugar

Post by the x kid »

Welcome. LHD..Good.
gravyboat
I'm learning to use 4-hi
Make/Model: XTerra Off Road
Year: 2010
Tim's: Medium Black Coffee

Post by gravyboat »

Joppie Sauce!

Sent from my Batmobile using morse code
IDH

Post by IDH »

Thank you for your replies! :teeth: I hope i can help you finding the parts and cars that you are looking for!
SlaveX
Premium Member
Premium Member
Make/Model: Xterra
Year: 2002
Tim's: Stupped DD Tea

Post by SlaveX »

:welcome:
John Wayne wrote:
"Life is hard, it's (even) harder if you're stupid."
CruiserRomey
I've used 4-lo
I've used 4-lo
Make/Model: Toyota Land Cruiser
Year: 7891
Tim's: 1/2 hot choc. 1/2 coffee

Post by CruiserRomey »

Hi Martijn! welcome!

what you've got going is very cool and something that's rare around this continent. i've been pushing for jdm's now for 6 years. i'm currently on my 3rd jdm truck (mitusbishi delica, also own an hdj81 and before that was a diesel hilux). anyway, i've done a tonne or research and took the leap of faith with my first import from japan. things have been okay since and i hope it continues this way.

i have always heard that euro diesel trucks were a bit more sketchy. high miles, more rust and not in as good a shape as the jdms. i have only seen lhd cruisers from germany and all have had long hard lives, BUT still kicking strong.

i have some questions if you don't mind (and i'm quite excited to see your business here too).

-can you talk more about the condition of these trucks in the netherlands? climate? gov't requirements? local vehicle market? etc..?? .

- can you also talk about the buying process on your end? are you just looking at local ads for one? are there "auctions" there like in japan?

- some people are leary about roll backs and blind sales. i understand you have a step by step video/pic sharing even before a sale is made. can you comment on the reliability of the mileage you might claim?

- what kind of maintenance do you do before sale? or is there any? the reputable shops here in canada usually have a presale service package done before sale (our delica was baselined, fluids/filters/belts, ac recharge, new shocks, new tires, brakes/etc.. before delivery) although some companies out west just flip vehicles and you're on your own.

- will you do compression tests? coolant leakdown tests? etc?

- how far into shipment will you go? will you do all the paperwork right up to transfer of ownership or is the buyer responsible for all of this once landed at the shipping yard in say Halifax?

i saw your sample costs on the other post. just wanted to be cleaer on FINAL costs before the vehicle is certified/registered/insured in canada (which is only a couple hundred bucks plus insurance).

this could be the start of a great thing here. i can pass on your info over to the local toyota forum as well. or feel free to join up too. (www.sontt.com) as i see you've got access to some sweeeeeeet land cruisers too!

speaking of which, was the hz105 sold there???? that's a solid axle 100 series with the NA 1hz diesel, may come with barn doors and elockers!

ALSO, were troop carriers sold there too??! hz79/78s i believe. although i would loooove an hz77 too! well and too safaris offcourse!

cheers.
IDH

Post by IDH »

CruiserRomey wrote:Hi Martijn! welcome!

what you've got going is very cool and something that's rare around this continent. i've been pushing for jdm's now for 6 years. i'm currently on my 3rd jdm truck (mitusbishi delica, also own an hdj81 and before that was a diesel hilux). anyway, i've done a tonne or research and took the leap of faith with my first import from japan. things have been okay since and i hope it continues this way.

i have always heard that euro diesel trucks were a bit more sketchy. high miles, more rust and not in as good a shape as the jdms. i have only seen lhd cruisers from germany and all have had long hard lives, BUT still kicking strong.

i have some questions if you don't mind (and i'm quite excited to see your business here too).

-can you talk more about the condition of these trucks in the netherlands? climate? gov't requirements? local vehicle market? etc..?? .

- can you also talk about the buying process on your end? are you just looking at local ads for one? are there "auctions" there like in japan?

- some people are leary about roll backs and blind sales. i understand you have a step by step video/pic sharing even before a sale is made. can you comment on the reliability of the mileage you might claim?

- what kind of maintenance do you do before sale? or is there any? the reputable shops here in canada usually have a presale service package done before sale (our delica was baselined, fluids/filters/belts, ac recharge, new shocks, new tires, brakes/etc.. before delivery) although some companies out west just flip vehicles and you're on your own.

- will you do compression tests? coolant leakdown tests? etc?

- how far into shipment will you go? will you do all the paperwork right up to transfer of ownership or is the buyer responsible for all of this once landed at the shipping yard in say Halifax?

i saw your sample costs on the other post. just wanted to be cleaer on FINAL costs before the vehicle is certified/registered/insured in canada (which is only a couple hundred bucks plus insurance).

this could be the start of a great thing here. i can pass on your info over to the local toyota forum as well. or feel free to join up too. (http://www.sontt.com) as i see you've got access to some sweeeeeeet land cruisers too!

speaking of which, was the hz105 sold there???? that's a solid axle 100 series with the NA 1hz diesel, may come with barn doors and elockers!

ALSO, were troop carriers sold there too??! hz79/78s i believe. although i would loooove an hz77 too! well and too safaris offcourse!

cheers.
Hello Romey,

i will try to answer your questions as good as i can. :)

In Europe there are good an bad Diesel Trucks. It's all about maintenance. In some coutry's there are strict Goverment regulations each year. They will inspect the whole truck for example on rust, emissions and other possible failures. (even dents!!!) If it don't passes the strong inspections you can NOT drive the truck on the road. So the maintenance is in 90% of the cars oke.

But off course we are talking about cars that are (15 years for Canada and 25 years for the USA) old. So they won't be in mint condition. However what is listed before they are well maintained. Our market is big. We can go to Belgium, Deutschland, Luxemburg and many more.

We have some vehicles in stock, but we can''t have them all. We search on the internet but mainly by local dealers and our contact persons. There are some auctions over here but not much. It's not worth checking them out. (if there are any the cars are from 2000 and up)

I have seen Land Cruisers in various conditions. 80,000 km and rusted like hell. 600.000 km and no rust at all. But they always run ;)

We provide a step by step test report so you can see what you are buying!

The trucks over here do have mostly maintenance records. But however not all or incomplete. But with our experience we can check if the car is in good or bad condition. We check in what condition the car is in. You will find it in the test rapport. We try to give an honest an sincere feedback!

The maintenance is up to the client. If they want it fully serviced we can arrange that. If you want to do it your own that is also not problem. It's up to the Client.

If the Engine runs fine, no leaks or any other bad things we don't do more tests. But if the Client wants it we can arrange it!

We arrange shipping to Halifax or Vancouver. We have contact persons in Canada that do the import off the vehicle. But if you wan't to do it on your own and save a few $ that's also an option :)

It's hard to say what the Final costs are. It depends on several things. Truck, harbour, date, import, taxes and so on. So i can't give you an exact number.

I will check out the Toyota Forum!

The Landcruiser 100 was sold here starting in 1998/1999 with the 4.2TD Diesel engine.

Troop carriers are also for sale here but not in large Numbers.

I hope that this will answer the most of your questions. :) Do you have more? Pleas ask!

Martijn
CruiserRomey
I've used 4-lo
I've used 4-lo
Make/Model: Toyota Land Cruiser
Year: 7891
Tim's: 1/2 hot choc. 1/2 coffee

Post by CruiserRomey »

wow. thanks for the timely and thorough response Martijn! sounds like you guys have a nice operation going. i know there are clean diesels in europe, we see them travel here in canada with roof top tents and exploring the bush, and i mean beautiful trucks. the jdm scene was at it's peak in the early 2000's and the reputable guys (including a good friend of mines) were selling them like hotcakes! then the economy slowed down, japan got hit by an earthquack/tsunami, etc.. and it slowed. picked my jdm hdj81 in 2006 at what i thought was a good price since the market was going down already. it was a mint grad 4b auction with one owner and a true 42K kms on the odo when it landed, you could eat off the motor.

anyway, yes the 100 was sold after 98 and it replaces the 80 that i drive (although the 80 was made up to 2008 in some s.american countries with square headlights). anyway, what everyone i know would drool for is the HZ105 NOT the HZ100 with the ifs. the 105 may have only been sold in africa and australia?? bare bones with barn doors and simple interior, 5 spd and the awesome 1HZ na diesel. (i definitely would post, even cut and paste your stuff here right on to the toyota forum ;) some guys are looking for these diesels there too!)

if you ever find a troop carrier in okay shape, let me know! i know some guys looking (and i would love one!) but have their eyes set on australian troopies (and not sold in japan). and would also like to hear about the cost on that one...no rush.

well, i hope some guys will try at least take the leap on a euro lhd safari/patrol cuz they are indeed amazing trucks. only rhd's are banned in quebec, so the lhd should be okay.

i'm sure we'll chat some more!

cheers from ontario, canada.
IDH

Post by IDH »

CruiserRomey wrote:wow. thanks for the timely and thorough response Martijn! sounds like you guys have a nice operation going. i know there are clean diesels in europe, we see them travel here in canada with roof top tents and exploring the bush, and i mean beautiful trucks. the jdm scene was at it's peak in the early 2000's and the reputable guys (including a good friend of mines) were selling them like hotcakes! then the economy slowed down, japan got hit by an earthquack/tsunami, etc.. and it slowed. picked my jdm hdj81 in 2006 at what i thought was a good price since the market was going down already. it was a mint grad 4b auction with one owner and a true 42K kms on the odo when it landed, you could eat off the motor.

anyway, yes the 100 was sold after 98 and it replaces the 80 that i drive (although the 80 was made up to 2008 in some s.american countries with square headlights). anyway, what everyone i know would drool for is the HZ105 NOT the HZ100 with the ifs. the 105 may have only been sold in africa and australia?? bare bones with barn doors and simple interior, 5 spd and the awesome 1HZ na diesel. (i definitely would post, even cut and paste your stuff here right on to the toyota forum ;) some guys are looking for these diesels there too!)

if you ever find a troop carrier in okay shape, let me know! i know some guys looking (and i would love one!) but have their eyes set on australian troopies (and not sold in japan). and would also like to hear about the cost on that one...no rush.

well, i hope some guys will try at least take the leap on a euro lhd safari/patrol cuz they are indeed amazing trucks. only rhd's are banned in quebec, so the lhd should be okay.

i'm sure we'll chat some more!

cheers from ontario, canada.
Thank you for your reply, check your inbox :)