Truck Being Traded In-If You Want Something Let Me Know ASAP

General Chat about the forum, it's members & their trucks.
studum
I've used 4-lo
I've used 4-lo
Reactions score: 0
Make/Model: Frontier CC SC
Year: 2003
Tim's: Large 1 milk

Truck Being Traded In-If You Want Something Let Me Know ASAP

Post by studum »

It is with great displeasure and slight regret that (if everything goes as promised) my truck and I will be parting ways permanently.

It was a bit of a roller coaster ride in the beginning when I first got it but with a bunch of help from the forum and Mike @ Milton Nissan the truck has not been a disappointment since it received the care and attention it deserved. It's not dead by any means, but it's getting to the point where I feel like something big could be not too far down the road (transmission is still iffy), and lets be honest the gas mileage is brutal at best.

We've been thinking about looking at a new car for a while because my wife just passed her PhD. defense is now teaching part time a good distance away from home. I didn't feel comfortable with her relying on our old beater Protege to be that reliable on that commute, it's getting old too.

So the decision was made: we're trading the truck in as I got, what I feel, is a great trade in value on top of some nice incentives on the new vehicle. The truck is being traded in while it's still worth something and I will be using the old beater for my local commute, while my wife will be in the new car for her longer commute.

I know I wasn't active at all in attending any trail outings, however I did have the pleasure of meeting some members in person at local meets and it was always a pleasure.

I'm posting here because I don't have privileges to post in the classifieds anymore, but I wanted to give people the opportunity to grab some things off of my truck before it gets traded in if they wanted them. The only catch is that this is happening relatively quickly, we could be picking up the new car on Saturday morning (before lunch).

Here's what I think I can offer up:
- I have the stock wind fairing off of the truck right now. I don't think I have to put it back on the truck if someone has a need / want for it. Everyone knows what these look like.

- Back rack with bright rear pointed auxiliary lights and tool box brackets. 4 holes would have to be drilled into your bed rails to fit it, but it's no big deal and with the bed-liner this was my favourite mod by far. So much easier to move things, tie things down and not worry about the back window. I may be able to pull the whole wiring setup for you with it.

- 2" Hitch tow strap loop - got it from another member (Tom/Lowridah). I believe he made it. Could use a fresh coat of paint but it's sturdy and good to go. No pic, I could get one if it's really needed.

- Stock front skid plate. It's bent a little on the front mounting lip from someone at a quick lube pulling down on it instead of removing it. I left it off when I changed my oil last to try and bend it back but never got around to it. It's not good for much, but it's yours if you want it. I does have a dent from one of my little adventures off road - it probably saved my sway bar LOL. (I was a NOOB) FREE

- Pickup truck style bike rack. Was cool to use, and could double as a cargo brace if you really wanted to. Comes with wheel holders and everything. The fork mounts are lockable with a lock and key. When I used it I actually bolted it onto the backrack with two bolts, but it is setup for a quick install inside the bed walls as well.

No particular asking price on anything. I would consider anything at all, ideally a couple of bucks towards a set of good floor mats for the new ride. Definitely not looking to get rich on anything, I'm most concerned with things going to a good home if someone wants them more than making a buck off of them.

The only thing I'm really asking $ for is the backrack. The rack, box mounts, lights etc. cost a good chunk of change (although it has proven invaluable) and I would like to get something back for it. I would like to see $100 for it, complete with everything included (even the mounting bolts), but I am open to a fair and serious offer.

That's all I can remember, I'll add more if I think of it but that's all I got I think.
Last edited by studum on Mon Sep 23, 2013 9:15 am, edited 9 times in total.
Miner
Don't follow me, you wont make it.
Make/Model: Cummins 2500 HD
Year: 2012
Tim's: McD's 3C1S

Re: Turck Being Traded In-If You Want Something Let Me Know

Post by Miner »

Do you have a close-up pic of the bike rack, or a make and model that I can google?
Cummins - Zone, BD, AFE, Yokohama, Bestop, Access, VisonX, H&S
Simon wrote:It's not like the membership voted under control of a heavy hand...

Dammit, I've said too much...I'll have to ban you now
studum
I've used 4-lo
I've used 4-lo

Re: Turck Being Traded In-If You Want Something Let Me Know

Post by studum »

I can't find the photo on my phone so not on hand.

It is the Delta "Stableloader"

http://deltacycle.com/stableloader-bike-mount

I do not have the centre brace as shown on that site... never had it. But if you think you will need it you can make your own with some threaded rod.

It comes with the two front wheel carriers which are sold separately.

these:

http://deltacycle.com/transport/wheel-hitch

You set your main width by bolting the two square tubes together close to the final with of your bed walls, then tighten and take out the slack with this quick adjuster on the end, which is also lockable if space allows. No tools required to install and remove after your first time setting it up.

I used that method a couple of times before I got the back rack, then when I got the back rack I made it wider than the bed and just bolted it on to the tool box mounts when I used it... because I could.

This is how it looks without the centre brace thing.
studum
I've used 4-lo
I've used 4-lo

Re: Truck Being Traded In-If You Want Something Let Me Know

Post by studum »

I forgot to say you can reach me via pm, or email. If you want to chat send me a message and I can give you my phone number (or send me yours).

email is:

ryanstuds
(that at symbol thingy)
gmail
dot com

Also it's looking more like we will be picking up the car monday instead of Sat, giving a little more lee-way - especially for the exhaust if someone wants it.

I'm also looking at possibly selling my utility trailer as well, the new car isn't made for towing one of these loaded up...

If someone is interested email me and we can chat. Open to serious offers in the $600 range. Wheel bearings were serviced, one replaced and bearing buddy caps installed, and brand new tire/rims put on this spring. Has LED lights installed and it pulls perfectly.

It's a 4'x8'. with custom swing open gate.
Snafu
Reactions score: 1
Make/Model: Xterra S
Year: 2007
Tim's: Double milk - no sugar

Post by Snafu »

What is the size of the trailer?
Worlds Greatest Acronym:
A.D.O.S.S: Attention Deficit Oooooo Something Shiny! (thanks Simon!)

RIP - Keyser - July 2000 to September 2010 - hope we were as loyal to you as you were to us.
studum
I've used 4-lo
I've used 4-lo

Post by studum »

The trailer is a 4'x8' model.

If you're picky and I'm honest it could use another coat of paint to freshen it up. Although I have cleaned it and painted it once since I bought it and that has kept it in very good shape compared to some other's that I've seen. It's not rotting out.

A pressure washer, wire brush, small can of Tremclad and a roller does a remarkable job.

It has not seen many miles at all since I did the bearings and tires. Probably only a couple hundred kms in total.
studum
I've used 4-lo
I've used 4-lo

Post by studum »

I couldn't attach this photo in a PM so I'm putting it here. It's what I had to do to get the boost gauge and scangauge to fit in the dash the way I did.

The dash structure behind the trim panel needs to be modified to fit the boost gauge. I had to cut out the centre brace. I have had no issues in 2 years after doing this, but you will lose that centre support behind the dash above the stereo and you will lose (or have to relocate) the cigarette lighter / charger. I moved mine to the passenger foot well. There will be two screws pointing up above the stereo into the trim panel that will no longer be usable because the centre support will be gone.

I will post a photo of the dash mod where I had to cut out the centre support plastic piece in my thread because I can't attach it here.. You can also see on the left another minor trim to fit the circular gauge. With this done everything fits like stock.

There is normally a small plastic strip between the stereo and the HVAC controls. I cut it out with snips.
nige
Make/Model: D22 XE 4x4
Year: 2004
Tim's: LG 2C1S

Post by nige »

how much effort is required to separate the hitch from the truck? I bent my bumper hitch "coaxing" an old cedar tree out of my front yard.
OF4WD Member #5472
studum
I've used 4-lo
I've used 4-lo

Post by studum »

nige wrote:how much effort is required to separate the hitch from the truck? I bent my bumper hitch "coaxing" an old cedar tree out of my front yard.
I took a quick look today and I don't believe it would be too bad at all. It seems to be 6 to 10 bolts in total, depending if all of them are in the hitch or not. It's at least 6.

With our pick up of the new car likely delayed until Monday I can pull it myself on the weekend if you'd like. After seeing how decently easy it looks to be to remove I plan on pulling it to put up on kijiji with the back-rack and trailer if no one here wants them.

If you're interested shoot me an offer, anything that I can put towards a good set of all weather floor mats for the new car is good for me. I'll give you the recovery receiver insert and ball mount with ball and hitch pin and all hardware with it - everything I've got for it.

If you need a trailer tail light adapter I can pull that from the truck and give it to you as well with it.
nige
Make/Model: D22 XE 4x4
Year: 2004
Tim's: LG 2C1S

Post by nige »

Thanks, I won't need the recovery receiver or light adapter (I have a 4-pin plug on mine), you can sell that to someone that will use it. If the ball is 1 7/8" I will take that too as it's the size for my boat and utility trailer. I will give you 40 bucks for it. I can come on sunday and help you remove it from your truck. I will PM you my phone number and talk to you on sunday late morning.
OF4WD Member #5472
studum
I've used 4-lo
I've used 4-lo

Post by studum »

nige wrote:Thanks, I won't need the recovery receiver or light adapter (I have a 4-pin plug on mine), you can sell that to someone that will use it. If the ball is 1 7/8" I will take that too as it's the size for my boat and utility trailer. I will give you 40 bucks for it. I can come on sunday and help you remove it from your truck. I will PM you my phone number and talk to you on sunday late morning.
Sounds perfect to me. If I can get it off before Sunday I will but if I can't get it off before then it shouldn't take long by the looks of it.

I'm not sure if 1 7/8" and 2" are the same in real life but you can take it anyways and find out, at worst you'll have to swap your balls.
studum
I've used 4-lo
I've used 4-lo

Post by studum »

I changed my asking price for the back-rack to $100 in the interest of getting it sold. I realised last night that $150 is probably aiming waaaay too high.

It may not be super pretty, but it's awesome utility wise.
studum
I've used 4-lo
I've used 4-lo

Post by studum »

Thanks to the guys who picked stuff up this weekend. I appreciate you acting on the short notice.

I've removed everything that is gone or is no longer available, the truck is going in tonight and I turned the last wrench on it yesterday pulling the hitch. Real mixed emotions when I realised I was done with it.

I won't be on the board as much but I'll still pop in once in a while to creep on you guys and see what trouble you're getting into.

What I have left is:

Bike Rack: As linked to above. Make an offer.

OEM front roof rack fairing and skid plate: will probably be around until the next garbage day or two. If you want them come and get them... free.

Shackle receiver insert. I offered it to Nige but he had one. If you want it come and get it... Free

Thanks for everything guys.