Hello Again

General Chat about the forum, it's members & their trucks.
Scoop
Reactions score: 0
Make/Model: Xterra
Year: 2005
Tim's: coffee

Hello Again

Post by Scoop »

I haven't ben on here in a while. I see a few names I recognize. Just an update that I am still running my '05 X with more than 300 K on it. Working good except for a service engine light that came on yesterday. Some of you may remember we were the first in Canada to drive the second gen model in 05. It was quite a thrill and I ended up buying one.

As a public service I would like to warn all of you to be very watchful for deer ticks. I am sure you all have heard of Lyme disease. Well I got it this summer and it wasn't pretty. I became I'll on the July long weekend. Eventually lost the use of my arms and my left side of my face dropped. After 10 days in Kingston hospital I was diagnosed with Lymes.

They say I likely was bitten by a tic at my cottage on Hay Bay near Napanee. But deer ticks now can be found anywhere in the province. So when you come in from the wild outdoors please check your body---especially from the waist down for these pesky little critters.

If you find one attached to your skin remove it and take it to a public health department if you can. If you develop a target-like rash on your skin seek medical treatment and ask the doc to check you for Lyme.

I have just about fully recovered after a two week course of strong IV antibiotics.

As my truck gets older I likely will be on here for more advice.

Just thought I would touch base and check if anyone remembers me lol.
Miner
Don't follow me, you wont make it.
Make/Model: Cummins 2500 HD
Year: 2012
Tim's: McD's 3C1S

Re: Hello Again

Post by Miner »

Ouch. We found one on my wife a year ago, the Napanee hospital immediately examined her and gave her a shot just in case. I'd recommend to everyone to go in if you find a tic on you...attached to you. I regularly pull them off the dog who has the run of our rural property near Napanee.

There seems to be a number of members in the area now, and yes by a number I mean a small number:
- Kingston (1)
- Bath (1)
- Napanee (1)
- Trenton (2)
Might be worth trying for a coffee meat sometime this winter.
Cummins - Zone, BD, AFE, Yokohama, Bestop, Access, VisonX, H&S
Simon wrote:It's not like the membership voted under control of a heavy hand...

Dammit, I've said too much...I'll have to ban you now
PiDGE
Make/Model: Nissan Frontier KC
Tim's: not my real name

Post by PiDGE »

Geeze and I thought I had a lot on my 05' Sucks about the tick deal. Sounds scary for sure. Welcome back good to hear your all better.
Early to bed...Early to rise...Fish all day...Make up lies
Scoop

Post by Scoop »

Miner wrote:Ouch. We found one on my wife a year ago, the Napanee hospital immediately examined her and gave her a shot just in case. I'd recommend to everyone to go in if you find a tic on you...attached to you. I regularly pull them off the dog who has the run of our rural property near Napanee.

There seems to be a number of members in the area now, and yes by a number I mean a small number:
- Kingston (1)
- Bath (1)
- Napanee (1)
- Trenton (2)
Might be worth trying for a coffee meat sometime this winter.
Good to hear from you. Our area (Napanee) is a hotbed for the tics.

Sure coffee met would be great
'
WayneO
Lugnut
Lugnut
Make/Model: Titan Pro-4x CC 4x4
Year: 2010
Tim's: LgCoffee; 1-milk, 1-sugar

Post by WayneO »

Hi there.... sorry to hear, that is very unfortunate but great to hear you are feeling better.

Tics, and potential for Lyme disease, are starting to become an issue here in New Brunswick as well... we provide education and information to our field personel on preventative measures and how to check for tics...etc.
2010 Nissan Titan Pro-4x CC 4x4
Truck Specs and Pics
Pezzy
Make/Model: Ford F150
Year: 2018
Tim's: Steeped Tea, 1/2 Sugar

Post by Pezzy »

Hi Stan! Good to hear from you again!
I my PATHFInDERs.
R.I.P. 99.5 Green Machine :cry:
Scoop

Post by Scoop »

Pezzy wrote:Hi Stan! Good to hear from you again!

Hi Pez: Lots of good memories from the old club and this one. Great to see you guys have a child. Does he ride shotgun?
I'm wondering how to change my email addy in my profile. Fond memories of the first coffee meet I attended at the Tim Hortons at Brock and 401 in Whitby.