Help VSS no speedo R/R

Having problems with your Nissan truck? Search & post here!
forlon4
Reactions score: 0
Make/Model: Nissan Pathfinder
Year: 2002
Tim's: DD

Help VSS no speedo R/R

Post by forlon4 »

Hi everyone , sorry to bring this up as I've read a lot of posts on this subject but not specifically this year of Pathy.I've tried to read everything that I can , looked in the FSM and still don't have enough details to go ahead with the repair.I have no speedo,tac works ,all gauges working. ABS and 4w warning indicators are lit , and am unable to switch into 4x4 using the automatic 4 wheel drive shift switch. The indicator of what wheels , or drive is engaged , is out . When initially started vehicle gauges appear good and then after a few seconds of run time the cluster goes to the listed description . I'm assuming this is either the VSS or gear that drives it. Initially the speedo was intermitently on then off corresponding with the ABS indicator.Where on the tranny is the VSS located .What has to be done to R/R it and the drive gear? I've been reading for a few days now without any real info regarding procedure.Can someone please help me . To make matters worse I'm at home waiting for long term dissability to kick in. Suffered a massive full tear in my rotator cuff in August last year and just had surgery Feb 10th I'm in a sling. So no money and one good arm not my dominant one . I'm in a jam need to get this done. "In a sling in Winnipeg". Help please and thanks.( sorry to bore you guys with the details of my physical situation) :cry:
forlon4

forlon4

Post a reply
1 post • Page 1 of 1
Return to Nissan Pathfinder Foru
Snafu
Reactions score: 1
Make/Model: Xterra S
Year: 2007
Tim's: Double milk - no sugar

Re: Help VSS no speedo R/R

Post by Snafu »

Can't say that I have heard of this before but someone with an older pathy might have.

Bad electrical can cause weird problems. I would start with the basics by checking all fuses then battery and voltages. and finally connections (harness).
Worlds Greatest Acronym:
A.D.O.S.S: Attention Deficit Oooooo Something Shiny! (thanks Simon!)

RIP - Keyser - July 2000 to September 2010 - hope we were as loyal to you as you were to us.
buttsy
Reactions score: 0
Make/Model: Xterra 4x4 SC
Year: 2004
Tim's: L 1c

Re: Help VSS no speedo R/R

Post by buttsy »

And grounds wouldn't hurt.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk
I can wire anything directly into anything... I'm the PROFESSOR