Looking to buy an XTerra Off Road

General Chat about the forum, it's members & their trucks.
giodog2000
I'm learning to use 4-hi
Reactions score: 0
Make/Model: xterra se
Year: 2001
Tim's: ice cap

Looking to buy an XTerra Off Road

Post by giodog2000 »

Hi all ,

I'll be replacing my 2001 X soon and was looking into buying a X Off Road ( 2006).

What do you think about the 2006 Off Road and how much should it sell for. The good and the bad?

Thx
the x kid
Premium Member
Premium Member
Reactions score: 2
Make/Model: Jeep JKUR
Year: 2013
Tim's: Med 2 milks 1 sugar

Re: Looking to buy an XTerra Off Road

Post by the x kid »

Welcome to the club. Not sure what it should sell for but it has a nice strong motor. Make sure the radiator has been changed.
sx_ual
Make/Model: Xterra
Year: 2008
Tim's: lg drk 2s

Post by sx_ual »

i love my x. but shes costing more and more. it all depends on milage. id try and keep as low as possible. if stick then make sure the rear diff vent is open and clear and the diff lock works. make sure abs and vdc and everything works. its 1500$ for a abs pump. clutch will run you a grand if you do it yourself if you have to change the fly wheel and yes you can get it machined but everyone will say you cant. I would buy another if I could. but only brand new or slightly broken in.
giodog2000
I'm learning to use 4-hi
Make/Model: xterra se
Year: 2001
Tim's: ice cap

Post by giodog2000 »

I went and checked out a 2006 off road 120K km. Seller was asking for 6900$. It was a real junk, body dammaged , abs, air bag , check engine and tpms lights were on, suspenssion noise, interior was filthy etc. What is worst is seller made me go and see it telling me everything was A1.
Still looking. Thx for your comments.