Kind of a cool story...

General Chat about the forum, it's members & their trucks.
Scotto
Reactions score: 0
Make/Model: Xterra Off Road
Year: 2006
Tim's: L Reg

Kind of a cool story...

Post by Scotto »

So, I'm walking into the Tim's in Fergus this morning grabbing my morning coffee, and an OPP officer runs up to me and asks me how I like the Xterra. I say it's a good truck, and just keeps on going, blah blah.... He nods and then starts to tell me a story. He says:

I used to work up in Bruce County, and we had a call about a roll-over into a farmer's field. We'd had a bad winter storm, and apparently somebody went off the road. So, when we show up, you can see where the vehicle had gone up over a snow drift and out into a field, rolling over on its side, and then sliding for about 50' or so. The driver was sitting up on the driver's side door, looking forlorn, waiting for us to show up. The tow truck managed to pull the vehicle over, and we looked the truck over. Other than having to fold the passenger mirror out, there was no damage. Maybe a scratch, but nothing major. So the guy fired up the truck, and then he drove out of the field under his own power. It was amazing. I have never seen anything like it. Every time I see an Xterra, I think of that guy and his truck.

I thought it was a cool story....

Scott
JAS
Sparkplug
Sparkplug
Make/Model: Xterra Off-road
Year: 2008
Tim's: Large Regular

Re: Kind of a cool story...

Post by JAS »

That is cool - thanks for sharing.

I think the Xterra is a very underrated truck by the general 4x4 community. When I swamped mine last year, with water in everything short of hydro-locking, electronics completely wet, we let the X dry out. After a few tries the X fired up and got me home. When people talk about the reliability of vehicles I will gladly put my trust in Nissan engineering!
"I don’t care to belong to any club that will have me as a member." - Groucho Marx
Miner
Don't follow me, you wont make it.
Don't follow me, you wont make it.
Make/Model: Cummins 2500 HD
Year: 2012
Tim's: McD's 3C1S

Post by Miner »

:thumb-up:

I'm always shocked at how little it takes to cause a part failure, or a dent / scratch, but how well they hold up when really pressed.
Cummins - Zone, BD, AFE, Yokohama, Bestop, Access, VisonX, H&S
Simon wrote:It's not like the membership voted under control of a heavy hand...

Dammit, I've said too much...I'll have to ban you now
Morpheus
Make/Model: Xterra
Year: 2003
Tim's: 3x3

Post by Morpheus »

5-6 years ago we had an insurance job come into the shop. The Xterra had gone off the road at speed, rolled upside down on it's roof.

There was minimal damage. Roof rack was broken, and some dents, but once we pulled the plug, cleared out the cylinders, it fired right up and drove around no problem
(FOG MEMBER)-FRIENDS OF GEOFFREY

Epic thread: http://www.cntc.ca/phpbb3/viewtopic.php?f=75&t=3676
Snafu
Reactions score: 1
Make/Model: Xterra S
Year: 2007
Tim's: Double milk - no sugar

Post by Snafu »

Very cool story.
Worlds Greatest Acronym:
A.D.O.S.S: Attention Deficit Oooooo Something Shiny! (thanks Simon!)

RIP - Keyser - July 2000 to September 2010 - hope we were as loyal to you as you were to us.
xrover
Wrenchhead
Wrenchhead
Make/Model: Nissan Xterra
Year: 2005
Tim's: Large, DC, 1 sweetner

Post by xrover »

Last fall I hit black ice on the 400, did a 180, and went backwards into the grass median at about 80kph. There was a grouping of evergreen bushes that slowed me down. Aside from a bent rim nothing else was wrong with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2005 Nissan Xterra
2014 Argo 650HD 6x6