Electrical question HELP please ....

Having problems with your Nissan truck? Search & post here!
BlueSteel
I'm learning to use 4-hi
Reactions score: 0
Make/Model: the coming
Year: 2005
Tim's: DD ~L

Electrical question HELP please ....

Post by BlueSteel »

Okay so all these 12 volt plugs don't work on this 06 Nissan frontier so trying my hand at getting it back to normal. So replaced the 3 Fuses. 1 in the engine compartment and 2 in the inside fuse panel.

Am I missing a Main one at the battery ? or is there one ? Been looking have the radio out as well see this had an aftermarket stereo which brings me to my next question anyone install this deck http://clarion.com/ca/en/products/2007/ ... 43206.html

Thanks
PiDGE
Don't follow me, you wont make it.
Make/Model: Nissan Frontier KC
Tim's: not my real name

Re: Electrical question HELP please ....

Post by PiDGE »

All 3 are blown is what your saying? Over the years (at least with frontiers) there seems to be a difference which one is "hot" constantly and which are not. Some cases none are always hot and only hot with the key in the ignition/on. I've got one that's always hot, but the bottom one and the armrest one are only hot with the ignition on. For whatever reason like I said they (nissan) played with this over the years and I don't know why. I've seen later ones with a blank off in the dash as well??? Do they all not work? I just replaced mine after a while of it being dead. The fuse was fine, but not working. I replaced the entire socket piece and volla! She worked again. Upon inspection of the old piece I couldn't tell! But it must have a weak solder joint or something because like I said I had power, but not when stuff was plugged into it. When I popped it I was running a Can.Tire special compressor. I guess the amp draw melted something in the plug itself. Pop the plug and check for power that'll narrow it down. Maybe the previous owner did something similar to what caused mine to blow/melt and kept trying the next one causing them all to blow/melt.
Pidge
Early to bed...Early to rise...Fish all day...Make up lies
BlueSteel
I'm learning to use 4-hi

Post by BlueSteel »

Ya it's an odd Duck here all 3 are dead in the water. mmmmmmm Well i have the inside dash almost all apart maybe I'll keep taking things off and try and track down the problem. grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr hate electrical.
Snafu
Reactions score: 1
Make/Model: Xterra S
Year: 2007
Tim's: Double milk - no sugar

Post by Snafu »

There has to be a blown fuse. Check under the dash then check the main fuse panel under the hood. Replace them with new fuses to be sure they are good. If all else fails then you will have to chase the wire and check resistance along the way. Pay particular attention across any connections and fuses (even fuses should show some resistance).
Worlds Greatest Acronym:
A.D.O.S.S: Attention Deficit Oooooo Something Shiny! (thanks Simon!)

RIP - Keyser - July 2000 to September 2010 - hope we were as loyal to you as you were to us.
BlueSteel
I'm learning to use 4-hi

Post by BlueSteel »

So an update on my issue did a power check at the plugs I have power but no ac plug will connect are they missing a spring or is each one fu~barred and stereo is wired up but didn't put it in till I get this other thing fixed,

So my next question is how do those 12 volt plugs come out ?
PiDGE

Post by PiDGE »

I just prayed it out. Don't know about the spring internally.....never seen one, but through experience the plugs will phisically look fine, but something on them is pooched. If you've got power at the leads it's the socket itself. Sounds like you've gotter licked and are on the right path.
Pidge
BlueSteel
I'm learning to use 4-hi

Post by BlueSteel »

So fixed up the plugs here switched all the Fuses checked for power and Bingo then again till I had at the plug. What I noticed is that whatever kind of adapter the " Nipple" on it has to be at the longest.

Now have the Stereo with the bypass for the DVD all hooked up with Auto Dim on key :).
I started on another project more like a continuation when I first had my 05 X. but have this 06 Fronty and hooking up those 6" Light Force Fog Lights that I purchased a long while ago ~ guess she didn't see them on my shelf when she cleaned me out hahaha ~~win :)

Thanks for the helping hand :)
PiDGE

Post by PiDGE »

Nice stuff.