2000-2003 PATHFINDER PROBLEMS

Having problems with your Nissan truck? Search & post here!
Bow_Tied
Reactions score: 3
Make/Model: Xterra P4X ZR2 Bison
Year: '15/20
Tim's: Medium DD

Re: 2000-2003 PATHFINDER PROBLEMS

Post by Bow_Tied »

Over the last number of years I have substantially reduced my shopping at CTC. The auto service is astoundingly abusive in how they charge out things. The staff are hit or miss on rude. Having worked for a CTC as part time warehouse b*tch while in college I can tell you they are privately owned and the owners can really make a difference on if the work atmosphere is positive or toxic, the latter really impacting service quality. Where I worked there was almost a union voted in, the general manager (owner's son) was such an enormous prick. He'd yell at highschool kids til they cried.

Add to that the good sales have barely enough inventory to avoid the bait and switch laws and product quality dropping and the CTC money % is 1/4 of what it was when I was a teenager it has really lost a lot of its value to me. Some quick basics for camping and certain tools or hardware items is the most I'd buy there anymore.

Used to be a traditional store for Christmas shopping for me. The odd time I'd save much money I was hassled by bad customer service, accosted at the front door by credit card salesman, or disappointed by lack of inventory on whatever I wanted to buy. Competing stores are proving better value for me especially on auto parts now. That and Princess Auto and Costco and I rarely set foot in one anymore. Don't miss it.

Sorry you guys had bad luck, I guess it isn't just a London thing anymore.
#MoreRon

"Most of the members are people, but there are a few exceptions." - Miner
Snafu
Reactions score: 1
Make/Model: Xterra S
Year: 2007
Tim's: Double milk - no sugar

Post by Snafu »

That is crap news indeed. The protection given to CT from US chains only give CT the monopoly on crappy service/products.

CT should go back to its basics and focus on the core business rather than trying to dilute its inventory with fluff. Next up milk in aisle 3 :o
Worlds Greatest Acronym:
A.D.O.S.S: Attention Deficit Oooooo Something Shiny! (thanks Simon!)

RIP - Keyser - July 2000 to September 2010 - hope we were as loyal to you as you were to us.
Scotto
Reactions score: 0
Make/Model: Xterra Off Road
Year: 2006
Tim's: L Reg

Post by Scotto »

You're right. What kills me is a crappy attitude in the day when I can post a review of service while I'm talking to them. I suspect that if one of the guys I know was working that day this wouldn't have happened. But I'm not always ready to fight over a few dollars here and there. I'm fortunate that I can just carry on. And I bet they rely on that.

Sent from my iThingy.
Jayman
Make/Model: 4x4 Xterra - SC JE
Year: 2002
Tim's: Double Double

2000-2003 PATHFINDER PROBLEMS

Post by Jayman »

Snafu wrote:That is crap news indeed. The protection given to CT from US chains only give CT the monopoly on crappy service/products.

CT should go back to its basics and focus on the core business rather than trying to dilute its inventory with fluff. Next up milk in aisle 3 :o
You can already get basic groceries at my local CT. The store is one of the beta ones that have a food section. I personally think it's ridiculous, but I can understand what they are trying to do, having to compete with Walmart.

Aside from stock issues, I haven't had too many complaints about my local store, but I don't have my vehicle serviced there, and I rarely get parts from that side of their company.

Sorry I ever convinced you to buy that battery Scott. :/
CNTC Pyro Team Captain. Signaling the International Space Station, one bucket at a time.
Adam
Reactions score: 3
Make/Model: Xterra SE SC
Year: 2002
Tim's: Medium Regular

Post by Adam »

The only time I use their auto shop is to drop off tires to get mounted. The one near my place has been good to me, but this is probably outside of the norm for CT. I had them do some work when I wasn't in good health (ball joints, alignment and oil change all at once), and they treated me very well. Maybe they just saw how sickly I looked and felt sorry for me? lol.

But their hardware stock sucks. I wish they would keep the nuts and bolts bins stocked. So many times I'd need a metric bolt only to find the bins have been ravaged and mixed around.

The last time I was in there, I told the credit card guy if he asks me one more time, it'll be my last visit to a CT store.

Hope the new battery treats you better, Scott.

There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life. -Frank Zappa
PiDGE
Don't follow me, you wont make it.
Don't follow me, you wont make it.
Make/Model: Nissan Frontier KC
Year: 2005
Tim's: not my real name

Post by PiDGE »

Don't get me started.
Early to bed...Early to rise...Fish all day...Make up lies
Snafu
Reactions score: 1
Make/Model: Xterra S
Year: 2007
Tim's: Double milk - no sugar

Post by Snafu »

Trying to compete with Walmart tells you where their head is at. Why would they even attempt such a suicidal approach is beyond me. It would be better if they focused on the core business and make it better.

Parts are not too bad for minor stuff. I would only attempt more hard core parts when in a pinch (ex. blown alt on a Sunday). Will never get any service from them again. Made the mistake many moons ago and learnt my lesson.

I have bought a couple of batteries there and so far not too much of an issue but none have had to be returned (if I could ever find the receipt). Wallimart has some (ie, poor selection) redtops which I have in the subaru.

I just wish we had decent automotive part chains up here (you can thank CT for that :()
Worlds Greatest Acronym:
A.D.O.S.S: Attention Deficit Oooooo Something Shiny! (thanks Simon!)

RIP - Keyser - July 2000 to September 2010 - hope we were as loyal to you as you were to us.