Spring for CB Antenna

Camping, trail gear, recovery, gps, and related accessories.
Xtrapol8
Premium Member
Premium Member
Reactions score: 0
Make/Model: Xterra OR M6
Year: 2008
Tim's: Tea & Cookies

Spring for CB Antenna

Post by Xtrapol8 »

Although I'd do it differently if I were starting over, I'm not, so all I'm looking for is a spring to use with a 3' Wilson Flexi fibreglass antenna. I have a 2008 Xterra and have mounted the antenna to the roof rack. I can tilt the antenna toward horizontal for densely forested trails, but would rather let a spring enable the antenna to fold over in case of crazy branches. I only use the CB for off-roading and am looking for one that is not very strong (ie. must be very flexible); it actually might not be very good on the highway on the way to the trail ... i dunno.

Is there somewhere other than Durham Radio or Radio World to get such a spring? I live near Uxbridge.

Thanks,

Dave
SkinnyPedal
I've used 4-lo
I've used 4-lo
Make/Model: Lexus LX
Year: 2006

Re: Spring for CB Antenna

Post by SkinnyPedal »

Any chance you're going to adventure weekend? I might have a spare in the garage that I can bring up for you.
Xtrapol8
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Xtrapol8 »

Thanks SkinnyPedal.

I would like to make it to part of AW but have been out of town most of this month. I'll have to enter into intensive negotiations with the boss over the next day or two before I can declare my AW status.
steelcityslicker
Don't follow me, you wont make it.
Make/Model: Xterra SE
Year: 2000
Tim's: Coffee is good.

Post by steelcityslicker »

I just got back from Radioworld, who by the way were great (thanks Rev). I too purchased a spring for my antenna. I believe there were two choices in springs. I bought the more narrow version with flex in mind too. It cost me 10bucks which is prob reasonable considering the its threaded on both ends specifically for antennas. Sorry man, I would have picked one up for you before I went there today had I known you wanted one. But if you can get a free one that's even better!!!! ;)
"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter". - Hemingway
Rev
Make/Model: Xterra SE
Tim's: Hot chocolate

Post by Rev »

steelcityslicker wrote:I just got back from Radioworld, who by the way were great (thanks Rev).

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
Xtrapol8
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Xtrapol8 »

SkinnyPedal,

I won't make it to AW this year :cry2:

Thanks anyway.

Dave
Xtrapol8
Premium Member
Premium Member

Re: Spring for CB Antenna - FOUND

Post by Xtrapol8 »

...justing closing things up here.

I had to start a new thread to give a shout out to the Ottawa people for help. Thanks to HolidayNation for finding an RG58 Patch Cable for my SWR meter and for making sure that I checked the Flying J in Napanee.

This is how it all worked out...

http://www.cntc.ca/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=2024" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;