Gas Can

Camping, trail gear, recovery, gps, and related accessories.
HolidayNation
Don't follow me, you wont make it.
Reactions score: 0
Make/Model: Xterra XE stick
Year: 2004
Tim's: 60oz BEER please

Re: Gas Can

Post by HolidayNation »

Scotto wrote:You have a few? What do you mean when you say you have a lot?

Sweet Jesus. I'd love one of the mil. green ones. Can I get one from ya', or would I be breaking up the collection?

Scott
That's his spares for the motorhome. ;)
(FOG MEMBER)-FRIENDS OF GEOFFREYs WITHOUT BATS]- :)
Where's Slawek?........... Crunch?
Aerosols may be depleting the ozone, but warning labels are depleting the gene pool
OF4WD-5557
01R50
Wrenchhead
Wrenchhead
Make/Model: Jimmy
Year: 2001

Post by 01R50 »

Need a few spares in case the zombies come ;)

$15 each. Used but in good condition. They have the yellow diesel tags, but you can either write "gas" on the side or replace it with a new red one for like $5 from some online stores.

Though I would just leave them like that. That way people won't steal your gas as they think it is diesel. And if they do have diesel and steal/use it, well the jokes on them ;)

If you want, you can also paint them to the color you want. Had someone use the Kyrlon paint for plastic and painted some red for his truck. Works well.

Also have the black plastic fuel hoses for the cans (1 1/8" - 28mm diameter hose). These are brand new though and never used. They have a nice built in filter too so that you don't dump any junk into your fuel tank.
My 1988 Nissan Hardbody: http://www.cdn-ntc.ca/phpBB3/viewtopic. ... 45&p=63250
2001 Pathfinder SE - RIP
HolidayNation

Post by HolidayNation »

01R50 wrote:Need a few spares in case the zombies come ;)

$15 each. Used but in good condition. They have the yellow diesel tags, but you can either write "gas" on the side or replace it with a new red one for like $5 from some online stores.

Though I would just leave them like that. That way people won't steal your gas as they think it is diesel. And if they do have diesel and steal/use it, well the jokes on them ;)

If you want, you can also paint them to the color you want. Had someone use the Kyrlon paint for plastic and painted some red for his truck. Works well.

Also have the black plastic fuel hoses for the cans (1 1/8" - 28mm diameter hose). These are brand new though and never used. They have a nice built in filter too so that you don't dump any junk into your fuel tank.
I would be interested in a couple if you can. :thumbup:
Aerosols may be depleting the ozone, but warning labels are depleting the gene pool
OF4WD-5557
Scotto
Make/Model: Xterra Off Road
Year: 2006
Tim's: L Reg

Post by Scotto »

Yo Eric, if you get one, hook me up, and I'll get you back, as I see they might be located in the Ottawa region, and I can't get there from here without driving for 6 hours, which seems like a long way to go for a green gas (diesel) can. And yeah, baby, include a hose with filter :thumbup:
HolidayNation

Post by HolidayNation »

Scotto wrote:Yo Eric, if you get one, hook me up, and I'll get you back, as I see they might be located in the Ottawa region, and I can't get there from here without driving for 6 hours, which seems like a long way to go for a green gas (diesel) can. And yeah, baby, include a hose with filter :thumbup:

GOTCHA, but might have to make arrangements another day, being as this is, I.P.O.S.D., I couldn't in good faith Brother, agree to assist you in this matter at this time. ;)
OF4WD-5557
01R50
Wrenchhead
Wrenchhead
Make/Model: Jimmy
Year: 2001

Post by 01R50 »

Hoses are extra. Bought them brand new from Scepter. Have to double check how much I paid for them but I think they were around $30. I only got a few of them though.

You would also have check to make sure they would work for you though as the hose might be too large to fit through your tank filler hole. These ones are 1-1/8" (28mm) wide.
My 1988 Nissan Hardbody: http://www.cdn-ntc.ca/phpBB3/viewtopic. ... 45&p=63250
2001 Pathfinder SE - RIP
HolidayNation

Post by HolidayNation »

01R50 wrote:Hoses are extra. Bought them brand new from Scepter. Have to double check how much I paid for them but I think they were around $30. I only got a few of them though.

You would also have check to make sure they would work for you though as the hose might be too large to fit through your tank filler hole. These ones are 1-1/8" (28mm) wide.

I will check on the spout fitment, but I will deffineitly take a can or two off your hands, and one for Scotty too. Next coffee meet maybe.
OF4WD-5557
Morpheus
Make/Model: Xterra
Year: 2003
Tim's: 3x3

Post by Morpheus »

01R50 wrote:Hoses are extra. Bought them brand new from Scepter. Have to double check how much I paid for them but I think they were around $30. I only got a few of them though.

THATS WHAT SHE SAID!
(FOG MEMBER)-FRIENDS OF GEOFFREY

Epic thread: http://www.cntc.ca/phpbb3/viewtopic.php?f=75&t=3676
Scotto
Make/Model: Xterra Off Road
Year: 2006
Tim's: L Reg

Post by Scotto »

Yeah - ditto for me on the can but not the hose.

And we'll make arrangements Eric whenever you get your canal fixed :teeth:
ironman
Premium Member
Premium Member
Make/Model: Pathfinder SE
Year: 2005
Tim's: Tim's reg coffe/crulerz

Post by ironman »

So crappy tire started carrying jerrycans made by scepter I just want to know what you guys think about them thanks
KM2's Get r Done
262 Chevy
Premium Member
Premium Member
Make/Model: Wrangler Rubicon
Year: 2015
Tim's: Lg DD

Post by 262 Chevy »

http://www.shop.synergyoffroad.com/Smit ... 0-2740.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

i picked up a rack and 5 gal can from synergyoffroad, carries many parts specific to a blazer, although these work with any spare tire carrier
2000 ZR2 Blazer- 31" BFG KM2's, Cragar Soft 8's, 1.5" Lift Shackles, Rola Roof Basket, Smittybilt Winch, Offroad Recovery Package, Back Rack and Jerry Can, CKnaffle Rock Sliders, Custom Steel Skid Package, 2" PA Body Lift, Snorkel.
Fyrtowr
Make/Model: Xterra SE
Year: 06/02
Tim's: FV Cappy (Iced in Summer)

Post by Fyrtowr »

ironman wrote:So crappy tire started carrying jerrycans made by scepter I just want to know what you guys think about them thanks
Talk about resurrecting a dead post here but I STRONGLY DISLIKE the Scepter gas cans. The anti-vacuum thing is on the gas spout and it is a huge PITA when filling up a gas tank - whether it be a truck or even a lawn mower. You gotta hold it at just the right angle. UGH! Add to that the fact that when I have the can stored in the shed during the summer, the can expands with no way to vent it. I loved the old style gas cans that had the vent thing on the top opposite the gas spout. Ahhh.. those were the days.
"You meet a lot of ladies driving an Xterra because you pull up to a stoplight and look over and there's an Xterra next to you, they're always driven by chicks. So there's your ice breaker." ~ Andy Bernard; The Office
deeker
Wrenchhead
Wrenchhead
Make/Model: Rubicon Unlimited
Year: 2008
Tim's: Dr. Pepper!

Post by deeker »

If you are looking at buying some fuel storage containers, check out the roto-pax units. A bit more expensive, but the girls will dig your style for sure!

http://www.rotopax.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Simon
Make/Model: Nissan Maxima
Year: 2011
Tim's: XL COFFEE ! 1M 1S

Post by Simon »

Wow, those are pretty cool!
"CAUTION: Hot shovel in close proximity to my person"-Bow_Tied
studum
I've used 4-lo
I've used 4-lo
Make/Model: Frontier CC SC
Year: 2003
Tim's: Large 1 milk

Post by studum »

Wow, I like that. I could use one of those storage packs to get my tie-down straps out of my back seat.
Ryan S. - Playing "keep it alive" with the Silver Spur.
Fyrtowr
Make/Model: Xterra SE
Year: 06/02
Tim's: FV Cappy (Iced in Summer)

Post by Fyrtowr »

Now there is a truly innovative product!!!!! GAH! And to think - we just did a blow mold for a snowmobile gas tank and it looked very similar to these gas tanks. Hmm... Maybe I can get my hands on one. :D
"You meet a lot of ladies driving an Xterra because you pull up to a stoplight and look over and there's an Xterra next to you, they're always driven by chicks. So there's your ice breaker." ~ Andy Bernard; The Office
CruiserRomey
I've used 4-lo
I've used 4-lo
Make/Model: Toyota Land Cruiser
Year: 7891
Tim's: 1/2 hot choc. 1/2 coffee

Post by CruiserRomey »

cool, kinda like the expedition one cans i have in diesel/yellow and water/black...wonder who did it first? i dig the locking mechanism for the rotopax, slick.

http://www.expeditiononestore.com/produ ... oductId=12" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

what i like about the shape is you can strap it on your spare tire, if you had a swing out..if you didn't have a jerry can holder.
xrover
Wrenchhead
Wrenchhead
Make/Model: Nissan Xterra
Year: 2005
Tim's: Large, DC, 1 sweetner

Post by xrover »

I bought two of these kolpin 15l tanks for my last expedition. Worked very well. bit of a problem with the seal on one which ended up in some minor leaking inside the truck, but they are very airtight and easy to handle. I'll bring one to Adv Weekend.
Len
2005 Nissan Xterra
2014 Argo 650HD 6x6