GoPro

Camping, trail gear, recovery, gps, and related accessories.
Scotto
Reactions score: 0
Make/Model: Xterra Off Road
Year: 2006
Tim's: L Reg

Re: GoPro

Post by Scotto »

Man that camera was high up! You can see the curvature of the horizon! Amazing!
Fyrtowr
Don't follow me, you wont make it.
Make/Model: Xterra SE
Year: 06/02
Tim's: FV Cappy (Iced in Summer)

Post by Fyrtowr »

Geoffrey wrote:Man that camera was high up! You can see the curvature of the horizon! Amazing!
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"You meet a lot of ladies driving an Xterra because you pull up to a stoplight and look over and there's an Xterra next to you, they're always driven by chicks. So there's your ice breaker." ~ Andy Bernard; The Office
Spider 007
Wrenchhead
Wrenchhead
Make/Model: Jeep YJ
Year: 1991
Tim's: Soup & a Sandwich!

Post by Spider 007 »

GoPro now came up with a new software that allows you to daisy chain up to 48 cameras together and get them synched to get some sort of "bullet time" effect. It's pretty awesome... except for the fact the you have to buy 48 cameras and build a rack for them...

You can see the result in this clip the GoPro made for a Ripcurl promo:
To lift, or not to lift? What a stupid question...
Nd4SpdSe
Premium Member
Premium Member
Reactions score: 1
Make/Model: Pathfinder V8
Year: 2008
Tim's: Ice Cap Supreme

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

Hmm, that's probably how they did the effect in Gymkhana4 @ 1:38, 3:31 and at 6:26

2008 Nissan Pathfinder LE - VK56 V8 Power
2001 Nissan Frontier CC SB - Offroad Trailer
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 5-Speed Supercharged
Jayman
Make/Model: 4x4 Xterra - SC JE
Year: 2002
Tim's: Double Double

Post by Jayman »

Spider 007 wrote:GoPro now came up with a new software that allows you to daisy chain up to 48 cameras together...
I was reading on the GoPro site that they are actually working on 60 Cameras simultaneously. It's just a matter of writing the code for it apparently.

They certainly have some very cool stuff going on, that's for sure.

And it's funny, once you have one, you start spotting them all over the place. They are actually very popular amongst the reality TV shows, shows like Storage Wars, or any of the shows that are in HD. It's almost become a bit of a game for my family and I. Everytime we see one we shout out GOPRO! Hehehehe!
CNTC Pyro Team Captain. Signaling the International Space Station, one bucket at a time.
caseyxterra
Lugnut
Lugnut
Make/Model: Nissan xterra SE
Year: 2003
Tim's: caramel lattee

Post by caseyxterra »

my boyfriend races motocross almost every weekend in the summer and he has a couple of GOPRO's and he shoots videos of his races with them and watches after the race how well he did and they work amazing. Very clear picture and sounds. We also did some 4X4'n with the GOPROs and turned out awesome !
Fyrtowr
Make/Model: Xterra SE
Year: 06/02
Tim's: FV Cappy (Iced in Summer)

Post by Fyrtowr »

We have plenty of GoPro footage from this wheeling this past year but it is so time consuming to crunch all that data! That and I'm looking for an ideal editing software that will still maintain the integrity of the video.
"You meet a lot of ladies driving an Xterra because you pull up to a stoplight and look over and there's an Xterra next to you, they're always driven by chicks. So there's your ice breaker." ~ Andy Bernard; The Office
Ehlectric
I'm learning to use 4-hi
Make/Model: Nissan Xterra SC
Year: 2002
Tim's: Black 1 sugar

Post by Ehlectric »

Fyrtowr wrote:We have plenty of GoPro footage from this wheeling this past year but it is so time consuming to crunch all that data! That and I'm looking for an ideal editing software that will still maintain the integrity of the video.
I use CS5 Premiere Pro. I like it, really easy to use and very powerful editing software. You can also use GoPro's software, which is what I recommend to extract the footage and uncompress it. http://gopro.com/3d-cineform-studio-software-download/

As for this actual build, I like the idea but I feel like once you set it up in one spot it would be the worst to move it. How do you figure in mounting it?