New here from markham with a pathfinder

Welcome to CNTC. Please check in here before posting!
Muddyr50
I'm learning to use 4-hi
Reactions score: 0
Make/Model: Nissan Pathfinder
Year: 1998
Tim's: Hot Chocolate

New here from markham with a pathfinder

Post by Muddyr50 »

Hi guys and girls. New here. Picked up a 98 Pathfinder 5 speed back in early September. It came with the 31" and steelies. Done some minor mods to it. Threw my basket off my old car on, and a set of qx4 brush guard and tail guards on. Also added a Molson canadian beer tap as my shift knob, sticker bombed dash and 3K hid headlights. I recently picked up a set of hella 500FF that I just finished wrapping with yellow tint film and will be installing them.

I'm new to the truck work and to imports. I owned and built tuner cars in the past but after having wayto many problems I sold my last car and bought this as a beater while I search for an older muscle car project.

I really have Zero experience offroading. I did a bit of mudding in a construction site but that's it. Would love to find some beginner trails to start on and maybe some people who would be will to show me the ins and outs of offroading.

Oh and I'm from Markham.

Anyways enough talking here's the truck as it stands.

And my previous cars I built
My 06 Cobalt SS slammed on corvette salad shooters

And my way back ricer days and my 96 dodge stratus show car. Everything I built from scratch.
the x kid
Premium Member
Premium Member
Reactions score: 2
Make/Model: Jeep JKUR
Year: 2013
Tim's: Med 2 milks 1 sugar

Re: New here from markham with a pathfinder

Post by the x kid »

Welcome to the club. I think I know what your favourite beer is. Yes you should try some trails, and see how the other half lives. You just missed the offroad season, will start again in May.
Muddyr50
I'm learning to use 4-hi

Post by Muddyr50 »

Haha. I'm actually a heinkien man but I got the Canadian tap free from work lol

Do you guys not offroad in winter ?
Draconian
Sparkplug
Sparkplug
Make/Model: Titan Swapped Xterra
Year: 2010
Tim's: Coffee

Post by Draconian »

Muddyr50 wrote:Haha. I'm actually a heinkien man but I got the Canadian tap free from work lol

Do you guys not offroad in winter ?
First of all welcome from Markham! :D
And we don't really because we share a lot of the trails with snowmobilers. If I see ya on the road I will give you a wave or a honk!
Miner
Don't follow me, you wont make it.
Make/Model: Cummins 2500 HD
Year: 2012
Tim's: McD's 3C1S

Post by Miner »

Welcome.

Most trails are multi-use / multi-user and snowmobile clubs spend thousands to maintain and groom them for their short season. There are a few trails that are not used by the OFSC and more roads that are not winter maintained that are excellent locations to practice winter driving/wheeling. However we have not "organised" a winter run as a club...as far as I know.
Cummins - Zone, BD, AFE, Yokohama, Bestop, Access, VisonX, H&S
Simon wrote:It's not like the membership voted under control of a heavy hand...

Dammit, I've said too much...I'll have to ban you now
Xtrapol8
Premium Member
Premium Member
Make/Model: Xterra OR M6
Year: 2008
Tim's: Tea & Cookies

Post by Xtrapol8 »

Welcome from Uxbridge.

I guess you'll be lifting now instead of "slamming" ;)
Pezzy
Make/Model: Ford F150
Year: 2018
Tim's: Steeped Tea, 1/2 Sugar

Post by Pezzy »

Sadly, we dont do a lot of wheeling in the winter as mentioned above... although if people know legal places to go play in the winter,.. I'm sure you could get a few out for a day trip.

At the end of May we'll do a few runs up in Minden for rookies as well as the old timers (ha!). It's suitable for new wheelers, and stock trucks.

Welcome! And YAY@another R50 in the group!
I my PATHFInDERs.
R.I.P. 99.5 Green Machine :cry:
PiDGE
Make/Model: Nissan Frontier KC
Year: 2005
Tim's: not my real name

Post by PiDGE »

Welcome to the show nice pathfinder. Slick getting the QXwhateve it is brush guard. Looks good. I'm not one for the little car scene, but I gotta give credit were credit is due. Those two rides you built look insanely clean. Just the way I like em. Do tell how the Vette wheels fit on the Colbalt please. I've never seen that one before.
Early to bed...Early to rise...Fish all day...Make up lies
HotWod
Make/Model: Pathfinder LE
Tim's: Coffee!

Post by HotWod »

YAAAAY Another R50! Best "trucks" out there!!!!
nige
Make/Model: D22 XE 4x4
Year: 2004
Tim's: LG 2C1S

Post by nige »

welcome, do you eat a lot of garlic commute hours a day? I prefer royal pine, but wild cherry is cool too :lol:
OF4WD Member #5472
Muddyr50
I'm learning to use 4-hi

Post by Muddyr50 »

Sweet. If anyone is down to do some winter wheeling I'd be down for sure. I've hit some construction sites for the mud pits but I really want to do a trail or something where it's legal. And all my buddies an in the tuner scene so I'm now stuck without people to go on trails with.

Haha it's a wildcherry and strawberry mix lol. Actually all my buddies with cobalts were rocking them. We were the guys that did stuff that was different in the cobalt scene ie. Slamming them and fitting aggressive offset wheels on them and we got a lot of flack from other cobalt owners because of it. There we had tons of airfresheners because we were "fresh" thinking outside the box. I'm not one to build a car like others. I like whatever I drive to be an extension of me. Not a copy of some buddy else.

The corvette wheels were installed using adapters and stretching tires. I was the first to rock those corvette wheels on a cobalt :p

I've been doing a lot of reading about these trucks and trying to determine exactly what I will do. I know I want bigger tires and a sfd. And I know I need a snorkel already and have been reading up to determine how I can build one.

Not sure if you guys and girls do any meets but if you do I'd be interested in coming out. Meeting everyone and taking a look at your rigs :)

Thanks again for the warm welcome :)
Ehlectric
I'm learning to use 4-hi
Make/Model: Nissan Xterra SC
Year: 2002
Tim's: Black 1 sugar

Post by Ehlectric »

Hey man during the christmas break I wouldn't mind trying to find something!
HotWod

Post by HotWod »

Do NOT use ABS sh*t pipe! Use Steel tube and Bedliner!!!

CruiserRomey
I've used 4-lo
I've used 4-lo
Make/Model: Toyota Land Cruiser
Year: 7891
Tim's: 1/2 hot choc. 1/2 coffee

Post by CruiserRomey »

interesting how you ended up with a nissan after workin with domestics in the tuner scene..you'd think you'd have gone with a jeeper..or some chevy. ;)
but nice pick with the r50! i'm sure you'll have lots of fun with it. g'luck with the moddin and wheelin.

cheers.
Bow_Tied
Reactions score: 3
Make/Model: Xterra P4X ZR2 Bison
Year: '15/20
Tim's: Medium DD

Post by Bow_Tied »

I love your enthusiasm.

I suggest you don't go wild with the mods at first. Get to know your truck on the trail, stock, there are stock friendly trails the club runs. This lets you enjoy your rig without spending a ton of cash up front and will let you later appreciate your upgrade investment. Get rid of step bars and ridgid mud flaps. Make sure your truck is in good mechanical condition. Have some fun, learn the ropes, then go nuts. JMO.

Enjoy!
#MoreRon

"Most of the members are people, but there are a few exceptions." - Miner
Draconian
Sparkplug
Sparkplug
Make/Model: Titan Swapped Xterra
Year: 2010
Tim's: Coffee

Post by Draconian »

We do coffee meets I know they do a few near the airport. The guys here in the east end (including me) have had one meet so far. Hope another one sometime.

Muddyr50 wrote: Not sure if you guys and girls do any meets but if you do I'd be interested in coming out. Meeting everyone and taking a look at your rigs :)
Muddyr50
I'm learning to use 4-hi

Post by Muddyr50 »

HotWod wrote:Do NOT use ABS sh*t pipe! Use Steel tube and Bedliner!!!

I was planning on building it out of steel as I know how bad abs/pvc would be. What are you using as your pre-filter ? Do you have any links to you build ? I was looking at lots of them and I think I have my design in my head thou my main concern was snow/slush getting in and freezing and blocking the intake tube and then the intake being blocked. I tried to find answers but nobody seemed to have solid answers on it.

Well the sfd I'm planning to do a bit later down the road. Maybe in feb/march same with the bigger tires. I already know a snorkel is on my must do list as the last time I went mudding I did notice the air box did get a bit wet.

I'm not planning many major mods. Just basically a bigger lift and tires and some minor things here and there.

My plan was actually to get a blazer zr2 or an s10 but I could not find a clean one that was stick. I then found a hardbody that I decided I was going to turn into a drift truck but after looking it over the second time I noticed the frame rails were rotted and decided against it. This pathfinder was sitting near by checked it out, it was super clean and ended up being what I needed. So I got it. My first import, my first truck. And I won't lie I'm very impressed. Build quality is up there compared to American trucks of the same year. I can see why gm lost so many sales back then.

I'm debating loosing the step bars. I want to but my gf uses them to get in. So I may just take them off for trails. We'll see.

If there ends up being a meet in the east I'd be game if I'm not working.
HotWod

Post by HotWod »

I'll be at the Christmas party if you wanna talk Car-50! I'm doing Dudu's SFD soon if ya wanna come by. There's no build thread, I just went outside one day and put it on. The pre cleaner is from Traction, the truck parts place. It was like 50 bux. Worth every penny
Bow_Tied
Reactions score: 3
Make/Model: Xterra P4X ZR2 Bison
Year: '15/20
Tim's: Medium DD

Post by Bow_Tied »

Muddyr50 wrote:My plan was actually to get a blazer zr2 or an s10 but I could not find a clean one that was stick.
I have both a ZR2 and a pathfinder, and I can say, good choice on the pathfinder. The ZR2s have their plusses but are not up to the fit and finish of the R50. The R50 certainly wins the daily driver comfort award.
#MoreRon

"Most of the members are people, but there are a few exceptions." - Miner
Muddyr50
I'm learning to use 4-hi

Post by Muddyr50 »

HotWod wrote:I'll be at the Christmas party if you wanna talk Car-50! I'm doing Dudu's SFD soon if ya wanna come by. There's no build thread, I just went outside one day and put it on. The pre cleaner is from Traction, the truck parts place. It was like 50 bux. Worth every penny
Yeah I'd defn be interested in coming to check it out. When would you be doing it ? And where is traction ? If you have any pics of the snorkel setup I could see or if I could see it in person that would be sweet.

I'll try to come to the party thou I work 12-17 hr days and with Christmas coming I most likely won't be getting a day off any time soon.