Muddyr50
I'm learning to use 4-hi
Reactions score: 0
Make/Model: Nissan Pathfinder
Year: 1998
Tim's: Hot Chocolate

RHD NISSAN TERRANO

Post by Muddyr50 »

I don't have posting rights yet in the for sale thread but I found this Nissan Terrano for $500. Thought somebody might be interested in a parts truck maybe.

Right Hand Drive Nissan Terrano/Pathfinder - 2.7L Turbo Diesel on Kijiji http://toronto.kijiji.ca/c-ViewAd?AdId=437262448

Hope this helps somebody out. If it was an r50 I'd buy it in a heart beat
CruiserRomey
I've used 4-lo
I've used 4-lo
Make/Model: Toyota Land Cruiser
Year: 7891
Tim's: 1/2 hot choc. 1/2 coffee

Re: RHD NISSAN TERRANO

Post by CruiserRomey »

that is a bush truck ready to go with a little work. nice. the other terrano i saw was for 8 or 9 grand, in very nice shape, i think came from million trading in burlington. for $500 bucks...i'd jump on it. diesel ftw!
Bow_Tied
Reactions score: 3
Make/Model: Xterra P4X ZR2 Bison
Year: '15/20
Tim's: Medium DD

Post by Bow_Tied »

I wonder hard it would be to drop the drive train into a LHD pathfinder.
#MoreRon

"Most of the members are people, but there are a few exceptions." - Miner
Jayman
Make/Model: 4x4 Xterra - SC JE
Year: 2002
Tim's: Double Double

Post by Jayman »

Bow_Tied wrote:I wonder hard it would be to drop the drive train into a LHD pathfinder.
I foresee more work then you would think. You'd probably have a lot or re-routing to take care of. Brake lines to start.

Not to say that it's not possible (anything is possible), but I would bet that it would be a ton of work.

Almost as much as swapping in one of the diesel engines into the same platform.

To date, I have only read about 1 successful swap of a diesel into an Xterra, even though they came standard in some countries.
CNTC Pyro Team Captain. Signaling the International Space Station, one bucket at a time.
CruiserRomey
I've used 4-lo
I've used 4-lo

Post by CruiserRomey »

yeah, that's a big job. it would help if a lot of other people have done it and have it documented. but why swap it into another (most likely) rusted r50 (unless it's an american, but then there's more cost..)? i can't see this one beeing that bad compared to a canadian r50...? a lot of assumptions tho, but if that truck does check out (frame solid, etc.), then ya'lls would know how to sort the front end and just get her on the road. but first, need insurance, and make sure the truck is legit/registered, certified/etested(e-test is just a visual), etc.. BUT, $500 bucks is like giving it away. i wonder if there are hidden things not disclosed.. if someone had time and a shop, i'd say, skip the front end and sas it. :-)

looks to be one of the roughest terranos i've seen tho, and i'm guessing it started maybe as a low auction grade vehicle... or not. other jdm's i know off don't look nearly as bad or rough looking as that one.. for sure, still worth the look for someone with time and some extra funds destined for 4wheelin fun.
CruiserRomey
I've used 4-lo
I've used 4-lo

Post by CruiserRomey »

some other terranos sold in the past for comparison..

http://outbackimports.ca/terrano.html

http://jdmparts.ca/products.php?cat=3

...aren't these pathfinders the more reliable ones..? i only have had the 89 2 door, and that truck was SOLID (still miss it)