Quick exhaust question..

General Chat about the forum, it's members & their trucks.
strykah
Reactions score: 0
Make/Model: Frontier CC 2WD
Year: 2003
Tim's: Black

Quick exhaust question..

Post by strykah »

Hey everyone!

Well Ive been collecting exhaust parts for my truck and ive just orderd a gibson 12207 catback. My question is,,, (I have a crew cab 2wd long box). The specs say it fits both long and short box models. Does anyone know if it (slip fits) on the the y pipe or do I slip it on the little extention piece that comes off the y pipe? I need to know if Im going to have to buy that part too. Its not a big deal, I guess i can wait for it to come so i can figure it out myself. I just thought if some one knew already it would save me having to order parts later.

Also I just wanted to say ive had a 89 hardbody 2wd short box reg cab lowrider and a 2001 sentra se with the sr20de I owened both of them for 10 yrs a peice, and I loved every second I was in them. Sold them both to get this truck Ive got now and I plan to have it for a long, long time. I guess what Im trying to say is I love nissan lol.

yeeep.
Im lame ;)
PiDGE
Don't follow me, you wont make it.
Make/Model: Nissan Frontier KC
Year: 2005
Tim's: not my real name

Re: Quick exhaust question..

Post by PiDGE »

Can't help with your question, but would like to see the lowered hardbody if you have any pics :blush: I had a 96 slammed. Miss it dearly :cry:
Early to bed...Early to rise...Fish all day...Make up lies
Snafu
Reactions score: 1
Make/Model: Xterra S
Year: 2007
Tim's: Double milk - no sugar

Post by Snafu »

Not sure but measure the piece from gibson and check it against the stock one. Never heard of gibson so I am not sure if they give you an extension piece for the long box or if you have to cut off excess pipe.
Worlds Greatest Acronym:
A.D.O.S.S: Attention Deficit Oooooo Something Shiny! (thanks Simon!)

RIP - Keyser - July 2000 to September 2010 - hope we were as loyal to you as you were to us.
Morpheus
Make/Model: Xterra
Tim's: 3x3

Post by Morpheus »

I don't have personal experience with them, but from what I understand, they build the exhaust so it's universal between both the long box and short box trucks.

They do that by making the basic back part of the exhaust the same, and then supplying an extension piece that you use if you have the long box.

If you have the short box, you will have a left over piece of pipe that you won't use.

I'm not 100% sure on this, but I think this is how they do it.
(FOG MEMBER)-FRIENDS OF GEOFFREY

Epic thread: http://www.cntc.ca/phpbb3/viewtopic.php?f=75&t=3676
strykah

Post by strykah »

thanks everyone,
ill see whats in the box when it come hopefully next week.
As for the pics, I'll see if i can wrangle up some. I ended up parting it out to make the most of the truck. Id buy anoughther one if i could find one with a good body & frame.
Adam
Reactions score: 3
Make/Model: Xterra SE SC
Year: 2002
Tim's: Medium Regular

Post by Adam »

I see a mint mint mint gray hardbody driving around here. No matter the weather that thing is always clean.

There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life. -Frank Zappa
strykah

Post by strykah »

Alright
I recieved my exhaust a few days ago and laid it on the ground under the truck and it looks like iI need the extra peice of pipe. Boo erns..
So ive been trying to find it and im having a hard time, I did find a Walker Exhaust part number for it and its 52516. but no one I have called can get it (part source, ect.)

So I called Nissan in guelph to see what they want for it but the gentleman on the phone couldent find it eather. If anyone has a oem diagram for the exhaust for a 2003 XE Crew Cab 2wd long box. That would be sweet and maybe I can get a part number off it. Its the piece after the Y pipe and before the pipe thet goes to the muffler. All the diagrams i find are showing the pipes as being flanged together. Mine is a slip on and Im pretty sure the piece i need is only on the long box and only 2003.

Anyways if anyone can help that would be great, I dont plan to put everything on untill its a bit warmer out, but i still need all the parts none the less. lol.

thanks
Snafu
Reactions score: 1
Make/Model: Xterra S
Year: 2007
Tim's: Double milk - no sugar

Post by Snafu »

Forget about Guelph Nissan...they have an inexperienced person in there (maybe a month or two of experience)

Talk to Coachworks in Milton. They do custom SS exhausts and should be able to make you a piece or help you out.
Worlds Greatest Acronym:
A.D.O.S.S: Attention Deficit Oooooo Something Shiny! (thanks Simon!)

RIP - Keyser - July 2000 to September 2010 - hope we were as loyal to you as you were to us.
Miner
Make/Model: Cummins 2500 HD
Year: 2012
Tim's: McD's 3C1S

Post by Miner »

I'd follow the recommendation for the local shop. I'd also note that any local shop should have stainless pipe in stock to cut and flare to exactly the length you need, however if bends are required you want a really good shop. Unfortunately even the "good shops" butcher even simple bends.
Cummins - Zone, BD, AFE, Yokohama, Bestop, Access, VisonX, H&S
Simon wrote:It's not like the membership voted under control of a heavy hand...

Dammit, I've said too much...I'll have to ban you now
klbeans
I'm learning to use 4-hi
Make/Model: Frontier Pro 4X
Year: 2012
Tim's: Bagel BELT & Med. Tea

Post by klbeans »

I know its not in your area but try Hot Rod Scott's in Etobicoke. Not sure if you're ever in that area.

I recently had them install a complete custom exhaust from scratch. They did a wicked job.
strykah

Post by strykah »

Yeep,
found the piece from Royal City auto in Guelph, its going to take 5 days but they can get it.

Lol, I guess ive got a rare one.

Thanks everyone