Lift on a Budget

General Chat about the forum, it's members & their trucks.
xterra
Reactions score: 0
Make/Model: Nissan Canyonero
Year: 2003

Lift on a Budget

Post by xterra »

Hey fellow Nissan fans. I'm looking at ways to raise my Xterra. I don't offroad as it is far too unsafe for me and my puppy Connor. I do however want to lift my truck a bit (just for the looks, as I find it makes the truck look more attractive). I was looking at a few ways of doing it this afternoon. Can anyone advise me on maybe using one of the following methods?

http://www.caravanaccessoryshop.co.uk/p ... -ge15/2812
This looks like a cool idea. A bit expensive though. And then I wouldn't be able to raise the rear due to there being leafs back there.

http://www.taiwantrade.com.tw/EP/rubber ... G_BOOSTER/
This is more what I'd like to use. I could shove a few in between my rear leafs to raise them too. Win-win too, as they come in a pack of 4. 2 of these bad boys on each corner means I could get away with a nice lift for well under $20. My initial guess without doing the appropriate mathematics puts the $/inch-of-lift at around $4/2". For those mathematically challenged, that's about two dollars per inch. Or about the cost of a Large tea at Tim Hortons.

Let me know what you think. Have a great evening guys :thumbup:
Adam
Reactions score: 3
Make/Model: Xterra SE SC
Year: 2002
Tim's: Medium Regular

Re: Lift on a Budget

Post by Adam »

There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life. -Frank Zappa
the x kid
Premium Member
Premium Member
Reactions score: 2
Make/Model: Jeep JKUR
Year: 2013
Tim's: Med 2 milks 1 sugar

Post by the x kid »

Do you really want to know what I think? You got it. This is the funniest thing I have heard in some time. Adam is on the right track.
SlaveX
Premium Member
Premium Member
Make/Model: Xterra
Year: 2002
Tim's: Stupped DD Tea

Post by SlaveX »

I think I should be sleeping already :bored:
John Wayne wrote:
"Life is hard, it's (even) harder if you're stupid."
Miner
Don't follow me, you wont make it.
Don't follow me, you wont make it.
Make/Model: Cummins 2500 HD
Year: 2012
Tim's: McD's 3C1S

Post by Miner »

xterra wrote: I do however want to lift my truck a bit (just for the looks, as I find it makes the truck look more attractive)
Lifting makes a truck more attractive. Really, that must be why my wife loves me so much.

For an 03 Xterra on a budget the only things to look at is a Poor Man's Lift (PML) - Let me google that for you - or body lift - Let me google that for you

You should familiarize yourself with your X.
  • Front Suspension utilizes upper and lower control arms and torsion bars. The key point is torsion bars not coils - Let me google that for you
  • Rear Suspension is leaf packs and shackles. Lift can be achieved with additional leafs or taller shackles - Let me google that for you
A little ribbing from these guys, a little google and using the search function of the forum should give you a good idea of what's best for you and your budget. The same guys that are ribbing you now will give you excellent advice when you start talking about the right components.
Cummins - Zone, BD, AFE, Yokohama, Bestop, Access, VisonX, H&S
Simon wrote:It's not like the membership voted under control of a heavy hand...

Dammit, I've said too much...I'll have to ban you now