Water/Humidity Sensitivity : No Fire/Stall

Having problems with your Nissan truck? Search & post here!
Nd4SpdSe
Premium Member
Premium Member
Reactions score: 1
Make/Model: Pathfinder V8
Year: 2008
Tim's: Ice Cap Supreme

Water/Humidity Sensitivity : No Fire/Stall

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

This is a problem that seems to stem back about a year.

A tad over a year ago, in a muddy parking lot, I went through a mud hole where it stalled the truck. After some cranking and some MAF cleaner, it eventually fired up. No clue on do what happened.

Over the year, I had the Cap, Rotor, Plugs and Wires replaced.

This past AW, they would witness during the BobC trail, my truck couldn't make it through a waterhole. We figured it was water getting into my intake, a leak in the stock air box. Signs showed some water in there and on the filter, after some MAF cleaner and after some cranking, she eventually fired up.

During March break, on a very nice day, I decided to wash the truck, and at the same time clean the engine bay which was due. While the truck was running, I popped the hood and as the engine got a light spray, the truck stalled and couldn't fire up. Luckily, there was an air compressor with a nozzle in there as an option, and after passing that around the distributor area, she fired up.

Purchased a Volant intake, installed several weeks back, and a snorkel, yet to be installed.

The truck hasn't run since Friday coming home from work. This morning I go to start it, that same problem. The weather conditions; snow, rain and high winds yesterday. This morning; high humidity with heavy fog.

I'm not sure what to make of it. Been trying to fire her up this morning, she kinda wants to, and I've got a few big bangs, more lilely after several tries and the accumulated fuel got ignited, which scared the crap out of me the first time.

I'm not at all sure what the problem is. I've got a new disty lined up to be installed, but haven't gotten around to it yet, but even then the cap and wires were done last year, unless it's worse because of it. (Napa parts and NGK wires). The times were we used MAF cleaner I think was just coincidence where we just bought time for it to dry out and eventually fire up.
2008 Nissan Pathfinder LE - VK56 V8 Power
2001 Nissan Frontier CC SB - Offroad Trailer
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 5-Speed Supercharged
Bow_Tied
Reactions score: 3
Make/Model: Xterra P4X ZR2 Bison
Year: '15/20
Tim's: Medium DD

Re: Water/Humidity Sensitivity : No Fire/Stall

Post by Bow_Tied »

Change the flux capacitor. Stay under 88mph until then.
#MoreRon

"Most of the members are people, but there are a few exceptions." - Miner
Bow_Tied
Reactions score: 3
Make/Model: Xterra P4X ZR2 Bison
Year: '15/20
Tim's: Medium DD

Post by Bow_Tied »

It could be the dizzy, but I'd also be looking at the coil and its connections.
#MoreRon

"Most of the members are people, but there are a few exceptions." - Miner
Nd4SpdSe
Premium Member
Premium Member
Reactions score: 1
Make/Model: Pathfinder V8
Year: 2008
Tim's: Ice Cap Supreme

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

The disty is original to the truck, so a 198k, I think it's time to replace her anyway. But as far as I figure, the coil is inside the disty?
2008 Nissan Pathfinder LE - VK56 V8 Power
2001 Nissan Frontier CC SB - Offroad Trailer
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 5-Speed Supercharged
Simon
Reactions score: 0
Make/Model: Nissan Maxima
Year: 2011
Tim's: XL COFFEE ! 1M 1S

Post by Simon »

Yes, coil is integrated into the distributor. Check the large flat connector to the distributor. When I changed mine out, I had put that back on, and I swore it clicked, yet, it hadn't. It was sitting loosely on the distributor, just enough for the pins to make contact. I took it off and had a slightly bent pin on the connector, stopping me from plugging that in properly.
Maybe that's where water is getting into, and shutting you down.
"CAUTION: Hot shovel in close proximity to my person"-Bow_Tied