Nissan Parts "Issue"

General Chat about the forum, it's members & their trucks.
Miner
Don't follow me, you wont make it.
Reactions score: 0
Make/Model: Cummins 2500 HD
Year: 2012
Tim's: McD's 3C1S

Nissan Parts "Issue"

Post by Miner »

Ordered a transmission mount (engine insulator rear) Monday from Kingston Nissan. Other than the cost of the part no issues or concerns, no stock at the dealer, six in Nissan's Toronto warehouse so it will be in Tuesday. Used my lunch to go and pickup the part, parts guy opens the bag so we can confirm the part is the right piece...

...the part in the bag is exactly like the one on my truck, FAILED. I immediately noticed how dirty is was and thought it was 'old stock', then easily opened up the split 2/3rds of the way through the rubber, and noted that the treads were stripped from each of the the three mounting studs. I'm shocked that Nissan (Canada, not the dealer) restocks returned parts, and dumbfounded that a returned part is not subject to inspection prior to being restocked. I'm f'n pissed on top of that because I need the part TODAY and wasted my time.

I would think Nissan would understand the liability involved in supplying a failed part "as new" and have processes in place to prevent this.

:thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown:
Cummins - Zone, BD, AFE, Yokohama, Bestop, Access, VisonX, H&S
Simon wrote:It's not like the membership voted under control of a heavy hand...

Dammit, I've said too much...I'll have to ban you now
Morpheus
Make/Model: Xterra
Year: 2003
Tim's: 3x3

Re: Nissan Parts "Issue"

Post by Morpheus »

Every part returned by dealers are inspected at the warehouse before credit is issues back to the dealer.

That being said, things can slip through the cracks. Not the first time, but it is pretty rare.

Most likely the part was replaced under warranty at a dealer. We have to hold every part for 60 days, and return the ones Nissan requests back for inspection.

Somewhere it got mixed in the wrong batch of parts.
(FOG MEMBER)-FRIENDS OF GEOFFREY

Epic thread: http://www.cntc.ca/phpbb3/viewtopic.php?f=75&t=3676
Bow_Tied
Reactions score: 3
Make/Model: Xterra P4X ZR2 Bison
Year: '15/20
Tim's: Medium DD

Post by Bow_Tied »

That's poop luck, man. Hope the next one is good.
#MoreRon

"Most of the members are people, but there are a few exceptions." - Miner
Miner
Make/Model: Cummins 2500 HD
Year: 2012
Tim's: McD's 3C1S

Re: Nissan Parts

Post by Miner »

Morpheus wrote:Every part returned by dealers are inspected at the warehouse before credit is issues back to the dealer.

That being said, things can slip through the cracks. Not the first time, but it is pretty rare.

Most likely the part was replaced under warranty at a dealer. We have to hold every part for 60 days, and return the ones Nissan requests back for inspection.

Somewhere it got mixed in the wrong batch of parts.

Sounds right, and if I never have this problem with Nissan again I'll believe its a "rare" "slip". I will inspect every part before leaving the dealership going forward.
Cummins - Zone, BD, AFE, Yokohama, Bestop, Access, VisonX, H&S
Simon wrote:It's not like the membership voted under control of a heavy hand...

Dammit, I've said too much...I'll have to ban you now
Morpheus
Make/Model: Xterra
Year: 2003
Tim's: 3x3

Post by Morpheus »

Other dealers might be different, but we inspect every part that we pick up at the warehouse, as once we sign the slip, we own the part, even if it's say a tail light and it turns out to have been dropped and cracked. Parts that get purolator'ed overnight get inspected when delivered, as we only have 24 hours to claim any broken (or other reason like above)

In your case the dealer is on the hook for the damaged part, as well as the new one they finally sold.
(FOG MEMBER)-FRIENDS OF GEOFFREY

Epic thread: http://www.cntc.ca/phpbb3/viewtopic.php?f=75&t=3676
Snafu
Reactions score: 1
Make/Model: Xterra S
Year: 2007
Tim's: Double milk - no sugar

Post by Snafu »

Even inspect before paying. If good then pay ;)
Worlds Greatest Acronym:
A.D.O.S.S: Attention Deficit Oooooo Something Shiny! (thanks Simon!)

RIP - Keyser - July 2000 to September 2010 - hope we were as loyal to you as you were to us.