Forum was just upgraded to the latest version of phpBB. If you have any issues please report them to the admins or moderators. Enjoy!

Feeler/FS: 1995 pathfinder: full truck or partout

General Chat about the forum, it's members & their trucks.
nige
Don't follow me, you wont make it.
Don't follow me, you wont make it.
Reactions score: 0
Make/Model: D22 XE 4x4
Year: 2004
Tim's: LG 2C1S

Feeler/FS: 1995 pathfinder: full truck or partout

Post by nige »

Well I know a week before AW is not the greatest time to part out/sell a truck, but here goes anyway. All these parts will fit a 1994-1995 pathfinder with little or no modification; depending on what part you need. Some of these parts were modded to fit a truck with a 3" body lift, but i will do my best to make sure you know what it takes to fit these parts beforehand, but i want to stress to you that I cannot guarantee it will fit your truck perfectly. As for the truck on a whole, mechanically, almost everything is good, but the rockers and fenders need attention, as well as a little more work on the outer floors and fender wells. Some of the rear link and front end bushings need replacing but otherwise, everything still works good on it. I would be thrilled if someone took on the mission of totally restoring the frame and body and keep running it. I'm sure it still has lots of life left if you want to go to the trouble spending the time and up to ~$2000 (depending on how handy your are) to solve all the problems. I've just lost patience and interest in going through that. It MIGHT pass a safety inspection provided I hook up the one side of my parking brake anchor again (which I should do anyway), but i strongly recommend you do some close inspection and repair of the frame before you drive it, and know it's not nearly as strong as it was when it rolled off the factory floor. Despite the way it looks, I don't think it would fare well in an accident; particularly against a vehicle of it's own size or larger.

It would be nice if I had a heated garage and all the tools and knowhow to restore it myself, I would do it over the winter and have some more fun with it next season. If you don't mind doing frame work and body work with a welder, this would be a good truck for you to repair and tune up. This thing is freakin' amazing for weekend wheeling trips and long distance driving with the right wheels and tires installed. It held it's own against the new rigs and some of the SAS'd trucks of goneMOAB. It could probably do some black trails if you didn't mind some body damage and winching (isn't that always the case) Its does the city life without too much fuss with tires closer to factory. Kickass in the winter.

I could bring it to AW for viewing and driving, but I don't recommend you hit the trails in it without help.

Suspension Parts:
Rancho rs5000 shocks (rs5214 front, rs5112 rear) one rear shock is dented, but they still dampen well.
AC 4x4parts.com upper control arms & spindles - could use a refinish. Bushings are a couple years old
3" rear coils by AC 4x4parts.com - worked in, but still able to support a decent amount of weight
Front end consumables (balljoints, tre's) are still tight, they are going on their 3rd year. Lots of good spares here.
Factory T-bars still have good spring left to them.

Drivetrain and Steering Parts:
Rear Axle w/ Lockright locker, HG46 31-spline. Still works like a charm
Warn Manual Hubs pn 29091. Could use new dial caps (chrome part) but otherwise in good condition
T-case is good, 3"bl modified shifter required no notching of floor.
Calmini HD steering system. Idler bushings need replacement. New Bandit bushings included. - this will solve the wandering problem
Steering box is so so, it has leaked in the past, and the pump doesn't work so well with the big tires on.
Auto tranny parking pawls are worn, but otherwise shifts well. Includes a 24k lb plate cooler.
CV's are in good condition, would be great spares.
Hubs, disc brakes in great condition. Calipers are all replacements. Lots of meat left on pads. Master Cyl is weak. Lots of hard lines installed. Holds fluid.
AC4x4parts.com 5-piece stainless steel braided brake lines. Not even a year on them yet.
5 33x12.5x15 Pro Comp MT tires 4 very worn, 1 still 95% These are mounted on pro comp 1069 15x8" 3.75" backspacing. Nice wheels and they hold air.
4 32x11.5x15 BFG AT's on the legos for winter. They are about 30% tread remaining. I might keep these for the next truck.

Body and Interior Parts:
AC 3" body lift kit installed.
Some good body parts left, although they would need a good wet sand and refreshed clear coat to really shine again. The hood is straight and decent with a couple chips, and the rear hatch has small amounts of rust underneath the weather stripping and underneath the wind deflector mounts.
Window or sunroof or snorkel has a slow leak and collects in the floorboards and sometimes on your lap. You could just drill a hole and install a grommet to drain the floor if you aren't putting carpet back in.
Weather stripping and window trim in general should be replaced if you want a good seal, but they don't leak when you are driving in "normal" places/not creeks. All the glass is in great condition, windshield is great and has been trail tested. Sunroof fine, includes shade which is a little beat, but still does the job.
Doors are OK Power window motors all work, but front ones are getting tired. Front door hinge pins are gone. All door hardware works fine, except for drivers side tumbler is forever frozen. Side Mirrors are in good shape, heaters still work fine. Fold in and out no problem.
Interior in decent condition, some things scratched, front heated seats ripped. Rear seats are decent. Rear carpet is OK. Front carpets are out as well as rear seat heat plumbing and center console.
Heater core leaks on highest setting when aimed 100% at feet. it works but needs to be cleaned and sealed or replaced.
Factory speakers still work ok. The factory amp has been bypassed. I may include the Alpine radio and ipod wires.
ARB D21 winch bumper. Slightly beat, but is still great protection. It has been modded to fit a WD21 with a 3" body lift. A little more work needed to make it truly 'part of the truck'.
BenderBuilt rear bumper w LED reverse lights, and integrated 2" receiver. This will only fit a WD21 with a 3" body lift. I can't guarantee anything else. Your rear frame will need extra support welded in to make sure it's on there, your quarterpanels may peek out underneath the "wings" as mine were chopped and pinned back. Fresh paint, looks great. Will stay like that for a long time.
Rear Tire Carrier. Same paint as the rear bumper, hinges are very smooth and zerked for lubing. Tire mount is raised 2" and gas can/license plate mount added. Secret bottle opener on the reverse side. Mount for high lift jack also added. 407-free when combined with rear bumper ;)
BenderBuilt rock sliders. I might keep these for the next truck, but would include if you are buying the whole truck. Same goes for the 3-piece black panther skids.

Engine:
Motor makes valve noise on startup. Burns a lil puff of oil when it's cold. Still pulls good and holds fluids. Sensors don't like the exhaust leak or loose MAF wiring.
Timing belt is good for another 25k km if you go by the book
Thorley headers are reuseable. Good luck trying to get the 300ZXTT exhaust studs out. Rest of the exhaust is good, except where the midpipe meets the y-pipe. I could never manage to stop it from leaking there.
Oil filter Relocation Kit. Would need new hoses for sure, and gaskets to be safe. Slightly leaks. Could slap an OEM filter back on any time.
Safari Snorkel, if you wanted to use it with your TD27 diesel, you would need to clean the silicone off the end of the snorkel. I saved the rest of the installation parts. VG airbox has been modded and keeps water out.
Maxima Alternator. Will probably croak soon unless it's serviced. It would still get you off the trail if yours died.
PS pump - tired, but still works. Doesn't feel like it tries hard with big tires on.
Ecu is relocated to the glove box. it works fine.
Fuel tank leaks when holding more than 50 litres. Leaks where the neck meets the tank; probably from bodylift.

Other bits:
Some factory parts thrown in. I just want everything WD21 out of my house.
Spare MAF

Im sure Im missing stuff so ask me if you want to know more. I was hoping to get around $3-4k for the whole truck. If you put some work into it you would have a good trail machine again, and if that's your route, I am more inclined to give you a break on the price. At least by reading this, you have an idea of the state of my truck and what's invovled to get it running trails again. That' pretty much everything I can think of that needs attention on it. It has a lot of good parts if you and your friends all drive W/D21s and early D22's so you could all go in on it and pick it apart. Jeez, 2k for the armor and tire carriers would be a good deal to completely protect your vehicle on the trail. It breaks my heart to sell the pathy and the BenderBuilt stuff. probably because we put ours into it. :( Im offering it to this club's members first, and if there's not much interest, I will then offer it to NPORA.

http://cntc.ca/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=165
OF4WD Member #5472