Forum was just upgraded to the latest version of phpBB. If you have any issues please report them to the admins or moderators. Enjoy!

Ducks

Camping, trail gear, recovery, gps, and related accessories.
kdj
Sparkplug
Sparkplug
Reactions score: 0
Make/Model: Pathfinder Chilkoot
Year: 2003
Tim's: Tim who?

Ducks

Post by kdj »

So two months ago the Mallard that was nesting in front of my barn headed off to the swamp with her new babies. She was making quite a racket but all seemed fine till later that evening when my Rotti started making a fuss around my old Hardbody. When I check it out she had a baby between her front legs and the front tire of the truck. So I took it in for the night, in the morning I went into the back yard to make it a temperary cage and found another one. So now there was two. Ayways I built them a kennel down by my trailer for shelter and protection. This morning they seemed ready so I loaded them in the Pathfinder and took them back to my pond and let them go. They had a great day flying around, diving, tasting every thing in sight. I kept them as wild as possible and besides the chicken scratch I fed them duck weed, wild celery, snails, minnows etc. from the pond. Looks like they will be just fine. Just thought I'd share this with you all, and if any of you are duck hunters please don't shoot them, they answer to Gurtrude and Agness.
Last edited by kdj on Wed Aug 13, 2014 8:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
the x kid
Premium Member
Premium Member
Reactions score: 2
Make/Model: Jeep JKUR
Year: 2013
Tim's: Med 2 milks 1 sugar

Re: Ducks

Post by the x kid »

Awesome.
Scotto
Make/Model: Xterra Off Road
Year: 2006
Tim's: L Reg

Post by Scotto »

Nice!
kdj
Sparkplug
Sparkplug
Make/Model: Pathfinder Chilkoot
Year: 2003
Tim's: Tim who?

Post by kdj »

Update. The girls were gone for a couple of days then one returned to the pond. Gurtrude would come over and lay at my feet while I had a beer. When the dog would go wading she would swim along with her and then would follow us up to the trailer and hang out for awhile then fly back to the pond. She disappeared again for a few days, but today I saw a small flock (maybe two doz.) fly over heading to the swamp. So it looks like they hooked up with their sibs. and the other batch that hatched in front of my cabin at the pond. Made me happy to see them all together and doing well.
the x kid
Premium Member
Premium Member
Reactions score: 2
Make/Model: Jeep JKUR
Year: 2013
Tim's: Med 2 milks 1 sugar

Post by the x kid »

Good to hear. We were camping by the water and one came walking right into our camp. Not scared at all.Image