Forum was just upgraded to the latest version of phpBB. If you have any issues please report them to the admins or moderators. Enjoy!

New to the Club, looking for a good mechanic in Guelph area.

Welcome to CNTC. Please check in here before posting!
GreenMan
Reactions score: 0
Make/Model: Titan and Xterra OR
Year: 07n10

New to the Club, looking for a good mechanic in Guelph area.

Post by GreenMan »

Hi all,

I am new to the club and just wanted to introduce myself. I own a 2007 Titan Off Road with a leveling kit, K&N intake and Magnaflow exhaust. We also just bought a stock 2010 Xterra Off Road which I am quite excited about. When my wife and I lived in Australia we had a 2007 Nissan Patrol. It was a beast and one the the most fun vehicles I've ever owned. We literally lived in that truck for months, up and down the coast and into the outback. It was set up with a couple inches of lift, snorkel, ARB rear locker, and few other things.

While I am excited about the opportunity to get out and do some wheeling with some of the members of the group, right now I am in need of a decent mechanic in the Guelph area who is familiar with Nissan trucks. I would prefer not to go to the dealership as I know that they have a lot less leeway when it comes to how they quote and charge for work.

My Xterra is having some issues with overly sensitive ABS when breaking and turning right only. I am assuming a faulty sensor.

Also my titan has excessive road noise at all speeds. I thought it was just my tires that were scrubbed out but i did an alignment and had the tires replaced and the noise is still there, maybe even worse. The sound seems to be coming from the front passenger side. Both of the front bearings have been replaced in the last year as well as tie rods and upper and lower ball joints. The ball joints were done when the passenger side upper ball joint let loose leaving the house. When this happened it partially pulled out the drive shaft as well. It has run fine since then but I am worried that something that happened during that incident has caused some issues.

As you can see I have a few issues that I need to get checked out that could add up quite quickly and I would feel a lot better taking my trucks to a mechanic that has been recommended by some fellow Nissan truck lovers.

Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated!!!

Thanks!!!
Bow_Tied
Reactions score: 3
Make/Model: Xterra P4X ZR2 Bison
Year: '15/20
Tim's: Medium DD

Re: New to the Club, looking for a good mechanic in Guelph a

Post by Bow_Tied »

Green,

Welcome to the club!! Here you will find lots of Nissan enthusiasts and in general lots of off-road enthusiasts. Though off-road wheeling season is essentially done due to many of the trails being turned over to the snowmobile clubs, we hope there are some folks going wheeling you can join come May when the trails dry.

I know you aren't dealer keen, which I can understand, but something you might not know is that the Milton Nissan dealership's service manager, Mike, is also this club's president and an avid wheeler too. He 'gets' the off-road thing and also helps out club members get their rigs maintained for reasonable prices.

I am sure other members will chime in with Guelph based options too.

Hope to meet you at the CNTC Christmas party. Welcome to the fun and wackiness!! Post some pics of your rides and check us out on Facebook too.
#MoreRon

"Most of the members are people, but there are a few exceptions." - Miner
Drizit
Premium Member
Premium Member
Make/Model: Jeep LJ
Year: 2006
Tim's: Large 2 cream

Post by Drizit »

Hey welcome, I second the recommendation for Mike you get all the factory training along with a service manager who takes care of his own.

If you still arn't feeling the dealer and don't mind a bit of a drive, Ski at CT Motorsports in mississauga is one of the most honest mechanics you will ever meet. I never hesitate to send friends there.
Snafu
Reactions score: 1
Make/Model: Xterra S
Year: 2007
Tim's: Double milk - no sugar

Post by Snafu »

Welcome!

I also would recommend speaking with Mike at Milton Nissan. They work on nodded trucks.
Worlds Greatest Acronym:
A.D.O.S.S: Attention Deficit Oooooo Something Shiny! (thanks Simon!)

RIP - Keyser - July 2000 to September 2010 - hope we were as loyal to you as you were to us.
buttsy
Make/Model: Xterra 4x4 SC
Year: 2004
Tim's: L 1c

Post by buttsy »

Snafu wrote:Welcome!

I also would recommend speaking with Mike at Milton Nissan. They work on nodded trucks.
What's this "nodding" you speak of? You folks in the South starting a new trend without me?!?

Also: Welcome! See what you've gotten yourself into? Don't let it trouble you. We're mostly harmless... Mostly.

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk
I can wire anything directly into anything... I'm the PROFESSOR
Bow_Tied
Reactions score: 3
Make/Model: Xterra P4X ZR2 Bison
Year: '15/20
Tim's: Medium DD

Post by Bow_Tied »

buttsy wrote:
Snafu wrote: They work on nodded trucks.
What's this "nodding" you speak of? You folks in the South starting a new trend without me?!?
#MoreRon

"Most of the members are people, but there are a few exceptions." - Miner
the x kid
Premium Member
Premium Member
Reactions score: 2
Make/Model: Jeep JKUR
Year: 2013
Tim's: Med 2 milks 1 sugar

Post by the x kid »

Welcome new buddy
Drizit
Premium Member
Premium Member
Make/Model: Jeep LJ
Year: 2006
Tim's: Large 2 cream

Post by Drizit »

Bow_Tied wrote:
buttsy wrote:

https://youtu.be/Qalj3iw8oOc
Snafu
Reactions score: 1
Make/Model: Xterra S
Year: 2007
Tim's: Double milk - no sugar

Post by Snafu »

Too funny! Auto correct is hilarious.
Worlds Greatest Acronym:
A.D.O.S.S: Attention Deficit Oooooo Something Shiny! (thanks Simon!)

RIP - Keyser - July 2000 to September 2010 - hope we were as loyal to you as you were to us.
GreenMan

Post by GreenMan »

Thanks guys for the welcome and the advice! I will look up Milton Nissan when I get my truck back. I took it to a local shop here in Guelph to see if he could get a handle on the front end noise.
GreenMan

Post by GreenMan »

Also I'll post some pics and videos when I get a chance. I've got some pretty good ones of us wheeling in Aus with the Patrol
GreenMan

Post by GreenMan »

This is a trip we did to the most northern point of Australia. This track was two days of the two week trip, with more water crossings then I can count and was a pretty epic run!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jcXbf0Cj6PQ

This next one was was one of the many trails that we would play on during our days off working along the Great Ocean Road in Victoria

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uOciC32nllo&t=11s
the x kid
Premium Member
Premium Member
Reactions score: 2
Make/Model: Jeep JKUR
Year: 2013
Tim's: Med 2 milks 1 sugar

Post by the x kid »

Looks like fun. Nice Canadian flag on the patrol. Country music? Your favorite?

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk