Forum was just upgraded to the latest version of phpBB. If you have any issues please report them to the admins or moderators. Enjoy!

Spacers vs Coilovers ... or just springs?

What's new & exciting on your truck?
rcafcoburn
Wrenchhead
Wrenchhead
Reactions score: 0
Make/Model: Nissan Xterra Pro4X
Year: 2015
Tim's: Coffee w/a shot of milk

Re: Spacers vs Coilovers ... or just springs?

Post by rcafcoburn »

The problem with Xterra's is that the aftermarket is tiny compared to Jeep. 99% of the parts you buy will come from USA.

You can look on Amazon or eBay for Bilstein 5100's for a cheaper lift, just take the springs off your OEM shocks and set the Bils to 2" lift and you're rockin'. Definitely a worthy choice too. You can take your OEM springs and install them on the Bils no problem.

My Grabbers are 285/75/16, they're great. Very minor plastic reforming in the wheel well, but it'll only take ~5 mins and they won't rub. There's so much rubber now that they kinda jiggle when you kick them lol.

For rear lift, definitely look into an AAL kit, Deaver is quite popular. They stiffen the leafs and give you a bit more carrying capacity (which is great for camping/towing). I have the dual-leaf AAL, didn't require new rear shocks (but am considering new ones anyways).

*If you go any more than 2.5" lift, look for aftermarket UCA.
**Take into consideration camber bolts for the front end. $110 for OEM Nissan ones. Plus install and alignment = $250ish. Don't get the Moog ones, they're crap (Seriously, they cost me an extra $400 to fix my alignment)

Edit: Oh yeah, for armor look into Black Widow (Ottawa) or Staang's Fab (Burlington). They're both in Ontario. If not them, Shrockworks, Hefty, or ARB.
Last edited by rcafcoburn on Fri Oct 23, 2015 5:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Xtrapol8
Premium Member
Premium Member
Make/Model: Xterra OR M6
Year: 2008
Tim's: Tea & Cookies

Post by Xtrapol8 »

FYI

Upgrading to camber bolts on a new truck is no problem.

On an 8-year old truck you often have to cut off and replace the LCAs to do it - (I'm there now :-(
rcafcoburn
Wrenchhead
Wrenchhead

Post by rcafcoburn »

So I've heard... mine came out like nothing. I sprayed almost a full can of PB blaster on it over the course of a week, which probably helped.

There's someone selling some LCA's on TheNewX right now, but from the States...
rcafcoburn
Wrenchhead
Wrenchhead

Post by rcafcoburn »

Looks like someones called dibs on the LCA, but could still fall through. They're Moog brand $120 USD for both plus shipping from PA.
Don't know if I'm allowed to post links unfortunately. Maybe in PM if interested?
Xtrapol8
Premium Member
Premium Member
Make/Model: Xterra OR M6
Year: 2008
Tim's: Tea & Cookies

Post by Xtrapol8 »

rcafcoburn wrote:Looks like someones called dibs on the LCA, but could still fall through. They're Moog brand $120 USD for both plus shipping from PA.
Don't know if I'm allowed to post links unfortunately. Maybe in PM if interested?
I doubt it would be worth it overall. Thanks anyway.