Forum was just upgraded to the latest version of phpBB. If you have any issues please report them to the admins or moderators. Enjoy!

Nissan radiator warranty extension 05-10 frontier/path/xter

Recalls and TSB's. Please post any you find in this section.
Morpheus
Reactions score: 0
Make/Model: Xterra
Year: 2003
Tim's: 3x3

Nissan radiator warranty extension 05-10 frontier/path/xter

Post by Morpheus »

Nissan has announced today that 2005-10 Frontier, Pathfinder and Xterra will have the warranty on the radiator extended.
This announcement is to inform you that Nissan has decided, for customer satisfaction purposes, to extend the warranty for the Radiator Assembly on all 2005-10 Frontier, Pathfinder and Xterra vehicles equipped with automatic transmissions.
The New Vehicle Limited Warranty coverage on applied vehicles for the Radiator Assembly will be extended from its original duration of 3 years/60,000 kilometres to 8 years/130,000 kilometres (whichever occurs first). This warranty extension applies only to the Radiator Assembly (and its component parts), including damage, repairs, replacement, and related towing resulting from this issue. Customers who may have previously paid for a repair that would have been covered by this extended warranty will be eligible for reimbursement. Coverage of other vehicle components will remain unchanged, and all other terms, conditions, limitations and exclusions of Nissan’s New Vehicle Limited Warranty continue to apply.
Additional details regarding this warranty extension and reimbursement eligibility and procedures will be provided to you no later than October 29, 2010.
(FOG MEMBER)-FRIENDS OF GEOFFREY

Epic thread: http://www.cntc.ca/phpbb3/viewtopic.php?f=75&t=3676
the x kid
Premium Member
Premium Member
Reactions score: 2
Make/Model: Jeep JKUR
Year: 2013
Tim's: Med 2 milks 1 sugar

Re: Nissan radiator warranty extension 05-10 frontier/path/x

Post by the x kid »

Good news.That was one reason I stayed with the first gen.
Lance
Make/Model: XTerra
Year: 2005

Post by Lance »

I doesn't look like it's going to cover the transmission in case of failure. I've done the bypass, and don't see any reason to hook it back up to the original.
Morpheus

Post by Morpheus »

I had a conversation with my nissan rep. He heard about the extension the same way I did, and had no furthur information than what I already had. He's going to forward my questions and get back to me.

His feeling was, that this was started as a "customer service/satisfaction" extension, so it would most likely also cover the transmission costs, but he instructed me to wait till the re-imbursement information came out, and it would have all the information we needed.

Morpheus

Post by Morpheus »

Got this today:

Please be advised, the radiator warranty extension pertaining to 2005~2010 Frontier, Pathfinder and
Xterra also applies to US vehicles. To confirm US vehicle VINs for eligibility, refer to Service Comm.
also as far as the transmissions:
Also, when submitting a radiator assembly claim with consequential parts or labour, please add these
additions to the one Work Order line with the radiator assembly as the PFP (primary failed part). This will
help expedite the claims process.