Forum was just upgraded to the latest version of phpBB. If you have any issues please report them to the admins or moderators. Enjoy!

Xterra headlight issue

Having problems with your Nissan truck? Search & post here!
Adam
Reactions score: 3
Make/Model: Xterra SE SC
Year: 2002
Tim's: Medium Regular

Xterra headlight issue

Post by Adam »

So I noticed on the way home from Minden last week I couldn't see very well. And all of a sudden I could again, when I got home I noticed my drivers headlight was super dim compared to the passengers. And when you flick the brights on it goes out completely on that side. I swapped the bulb with a spare one so that's not an issue. Ground maybe? It seems to flicker on bumpy roads, but wiggling the connector and harness had no impact. Anyone else had this problem?

There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life. -Frank Zappa
Bow_Tied
Make/Model: Xterra P4X ZR2 Bison
Year: '15/20
Tim's: Medium DD

Re: Xterra headlight issue

Post by Bow_Tied »

I haven't owned an X bt had similar issues where the connector was intermittently doing it's job. Double check that there are no burnt marks on/near the connector pins. If it isn't that, you're likely going to have to trace the harness back. The only other thing it could be is the DRL module, I think some pathfinders had that issue, not sure if the X's did too... a cold solder issue IIRC. Could be something to research.
#MoreRon

"Most of the members are people, but there are a few exceptions." - Miner
Adam
Make/Model: Xterra SE SC
Year: 2002
Tim's: Medium Regular

Post by Adam »

Finally actually looked at this issue. You were on the right track with the DRL module. They never worked so I bought a new one. Still didn't work. So I took the loom off and found a few broken/corroded wires! Would have been chasing that forever. Thanks!

There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life. -Frank Zappa
Bow_Tied
Make/Model: Xterra P4X ZR2 Bison
Year: '15/20
Tim's: Medium DD

Post by Bow_Tied »

Glad it worked out!
#MoreRon

"Most of the members are people, but there are a few exceptions." - Miner