Forum was just upgraded to the latest version of phpBB. If you have any issues please report them to the admins or moderators. Enjoy!

X-Trail needs a blower assembly

Having problems with your Nissan truck? Search & post here!
PhullD
Premium Member
Premium Member
Reactions score: 0
Make/Model: Nissan Xterra Pro4x
Year: 2015
Tim's: Tea

X-Trail needs a blower assembly

Post by PhullD »

I've got an 06' X-trail as my winter daily with something like 156 780km on the dash. The thing is mint, but the blower motor is garbage.

I first changed it in 2017 when I first got it. I only bought the blower motor and I had to remove the old one from the blower assembly which was already damaged (cracked) from someone doing the same thing previously. I am now on my second motor and as mentioned it's on its way out. So that's basically 4 motors now if you count the original one this vehicle has gone through. It's a PITA to change too, not only to get to the assembly, but prying apart the motor itself from the assembly. You even have to take the ECM out!

Didn't know this was a thing with the X-Trail but from what I have gathered on the semi-dead forms it is...and it sucks since it is a defect in the design of the motor bearings and they're ALL like this. People have had more success with the OEM ones but they only come in a complete assembly and the price is insane.

Anyway I was hoping someone has a lead on a website or dealer pricing for the OEM assembly that isn't so expensive. I'm not going through all that work to put yet another motor in my banged up assembly to have it go next year.
Nd4SpdSe
Premium Member
Premium Member
Reactions score: 1
Make/Model: Pathfinder V8
Year: 2008
Tim's: Ice Cap Supreme

Re: X-Trail needs a blower assembly

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

The X-Trail seems to be a mis-mash of a bunch of parts. I wouldn't be surprised if the blower motor came from another model. RockAuto has the motor itself listed for $35CAD.

Cross-referencing the numbers say Maxima, but also 2005-2018 Nissan Frontier, 2005-2015 Nissan Xterra and
2005-2012 Nissan Pathfinder. Question will be if it's only the motor itself that's compatible or the whole assembly with the fan.
2008 Nissan Pathfinder LE - VK56 V8 Power
2001 Nissan Frontier CC SB - Offroad Trailer
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 5-Speed Supercharged
PhullD
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by PhullD »

Nd4SpdSe wrote:The X-Trail seems to be a mis-mash of a bunch of parts. I wouldn't be surprised if the blower motor came from another model. RockAuto has the motor itself listed for $35CAD.

Cross-referencing the numbers say Maxima, but also 2005-2018 Nissan Frontier, 2005-2015 Nissan Xterra and
2005-2012 Nissan Pathfinder. Question will be if it's only the motor itself that's compatible or the whole assembly with the fan.
I'm done with the motor only option unfortunately. My assembly is so mangled it needs replacing.
Adam
Reactions score: 3
Make/Model: Xterra SE SC
Year: 2002
Tim's: Medium Regular

Post by Adam »

Did you get it fixed yet?

There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life. -Frank Zappa
PhullD
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by PhullD »

Adam wrote:Did you get it fixed yet?
Not yet, maybe this weekend when I have some time. I hope it doesn't get too cold!
Adam
Reactions score: 3
Make/Model: Xterra SE SC
Year: 2002
Tim's: Medium Regular

Post by Adam »

It's not that cold but the wind cuts into ya.

There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life. -Frank Zappa
PhullD
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by PhullD »

Still haven't done it lol....work drains me. I'm literally driving home with the windows open at the end of the day so not like I "need" it. Also have the Xterra for the weekend...motivation = 0 lol