roadtrip POIs

General Chat about the forum, it's members & their trucks.
HolidayNation
Don't follow me, you wont make it.
Reactions score: 0
Make/Model: Xterra XE stick
Year: 2004
Tim's: 60oz BEER please

roadtrip POIs

Post by HolidayNation »

what about a section for roadtrip Places of interest. Like those little gem restaurants or Pubs etc that one might come across while travelling around. Maybe devide them up into categorys like Pints/Food/cool coffee shops etc.

I was coming back from Peterborough yesterday on good ole hwy 7. as those that have driven this road know, it is a mind numbing experience at best. I have driven past this little hotel easily a 1000 times and always thought I would stop and check out the restaurant sometime. Well I finally did. It has a little indian restaurant serving up authentic indian cuisine. 7 hwy just west of Marmora. They have amazing huge samosas, the Onion Bhajees are amazing and the lamb curry with nann bread is one of the best I have had although next time I think I would go with the medium or hot(the mild was really mild). Don't know about actually staying at the hotel, but the food was great. I will be stopping there again.

There is also Studio 737, 7 hwy just east of hwy 37(tweed). It doesn't look like much from the road but the place is huge inside. Just packed with Original Art and worth the stop, even if you aren't a huge art buff. A couple of times I have stopped, it has been artist day, and many of the artists are milling around swilling coffee and chatting with whomever drops by. Very Cool.

Anyway, I have come across lots of little gems over the years of touring back roads around Ontario and I am sure others have many from their travels. It would be cool to have a place to post them up and share. This would be especially cool if it was searchable and/or browseable.

Anyway, that be my rant.
(FOG MEMBER)-FRIENDS OF GEOFFREYs WITHOUT BATS]- :)
Where's Slawek?........... Crunch?
Aerosols may be depleting the ozone, but warning labels are depleting the gene pool
OF4WD-5557
Miner
Make/Model: Cummins 2500 HD
Year: 2012
Tim's: McD's 3C1S

Re: roadtrip POIs

Post by Miner »

Good idea :thumbup:

I'm sure I can think of a few gems to post up. The only one I can think of on good old hwy 7 is Bence Ford in Kaladar, if I ever buy another Ford it will definitely be from Joe Bence. Sales with Joe are easy and service puts both Nissan dealers I have dealt with to shame.
Cummins - Zone, BD, AFE, Yokohama, Bestop, Access, VisonX, H&S
Simon wrote:It's not like the membership voted under control of a heavy hand...

Dammit, I've said too much...I'll have to ban you now
deeker
Wrenchhead
Wrenchhead
Make/Model: Rubicon Unlimited
Year: 2008
Tim's: Dr. Pepper!

Post by deeker »

How about the Highlands Cinemas in Kinmount (just down the road from Minden). Any movie buff should stop there! It's a private movie museum, theatres and local tourist spot.
Only crooked politicians and criminals fear an armed population.
HolidayNation
Make/Model: Xterra XE stick
Year: 2004
Tim's: 60oz BEER please

Post by HolidayNation »

Kinmount, whilst you there, the little fish and chip stand "downtown" has great Fish and chips. Been there lots never noticed the museum. Have to check that out.
(FOG MEMBER)-FRIENDS OF GEOFFREYs WITHOUT BATS]- :)
Where's Slawek?........... Crunch?
Aerosols may be depleting the ozone, but warning labels are depleting the gene pool
OF4WD-5557
Bender
Premium Member
Premium Member
Make/Model: Nissan Sentra SER
Year: 2011
Tim's: Mcdonalds coffee

Post by Bender »

This is for sure something for the team to discuss, and perhaps implement if there is interest. I think its a cool idea. :cool:
Adam
Reactions score: 3
Make/Model: Xterra SE SC
Year: 2002
Tim's: Medium Regular

Post by Adam »

A few I know of are:

A restaurant in Barry's Bay called Generations (I think). My friend told me that they stop there every time they go to Algonquin park, and when I went with them for the first time we stopped there. It's a quaint little place. I think Barry's bay is on hwy 60.

Another restaurant, in Arnprior, west of ottawa, called PJ's (Us kids used to call it the "red door" as it had 2 big red doors at the entrance). I always remember as a kid going to my grandparents cottage we would stop there for breakfast. I hadn't been there in years, and a couple years ago on the way to whitewater rafting in Cobden (wilderness tours) we stopped in again. It hadn't even changed! It looked like something straight out of the 70's. It has awesome breakfast, haven't had any other meal there actually so I can't say anything about the other food. :x!

Yet another restaurant in Napanee (sp?) called the Superior is pretty decent too. Stopped in there whilst on a salmon fishing trip.

I'm sure I'll think of some more.

There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life. -Frank Zappa
Miner
Make/Model: Cummins 2500 HD
Year: 2012
Tim's: McD's 3C1S

Post by Miner »

adamzan wrote:
A restaurant in Barry's Bay called Generations (I think). My friend told me that they stop there every time they go to Algonquin park, and when I went with them for the first time we stopped there. It's a quaint little place. I think Barry's bay is on hwy 60.
:thumbup: We stopped at Generations after an ice fishing trip near by, very good and very nice people :thumbup:
Cummins - Zone, BD, AFE, Yokohama, Bestop, Access, VisonX, H&S
Simon wrote:It's not like the membership voted under control of a heavy hand...

Dammit, I've said too much...I'll have to ban you now