4X4 clubs

General Chat about the forum, it's members & their trucks.
Scotto
Reactions score: 0
Make/Model: Xterra Off Road
Year: 2006
Tim's: L Reg

4X4 clubs

Post by Scotto »

Went to a Jeep Show & shine today... Just down the road from where I live. Great rigs, some very well built. But not one person came up and said hello to me. I saw an old friend from Toronto, which was cool, but not one other person came up to me to say, "Hey man, is that your Jeep? Welcome to the Show & Shine. Cool! This is who we are.... "

Kind of sad.

Complete opposite of this place.

Scott
Pezzy
Make/Model: Ford F150
Year: 2018
Tim's: Steeped Tea, 1/2 Sugar

Re: 4X4 clubs

Post by Pezzy »

*passes by this post as if it doesnt exist* ;)
I my PATHFInDERs.
R.I.P. 99.5 Green Machine :cry:
Simon
Make/Model: Nissan Maxima
Year: 2011
Tim's: XL COFFEE ! 1M 1S

Post by Simon »

*calls Scott stinky nuts while disregarding anything he said*

:teeth:
"CAUTION: Hot shovel in close proximity to my person"-Bow_Tied
Bender
Premium Member
Premium Member
Make/Model: Nissan Sentra SER
Tim's: Mcdonalds coffee

Post by Bender »

I hear you Scott, I fear that reaction when and if I go hang with the Suzuki crowd. We have been told by Presidents of other clubs, that they are jealous of our social functions and friendly atmosphere here.

We are a different bunch for sure. :thumbup:
HolidayNation
Don't follow me, you wont make it.
Make/Model: Xterra XE stick
Year: 2004
Tim's: 60oz BEER please

Post by HolidayNation »

Well, as a newer member of this club, and proud to say so, I have told many about it and I wouldn't want it any other way. I enjoy all sorts of 4x4 vehicles and would shun none because of brand...So I can only say this to that....IT'S THEIR FRIGGIN' LOSS...The knowledge and personalities here are worth knowing and associating with . :dance:
(FOG MEMBER)-FRIENDS OF GEOFFREYs WITHOUT BATS]- :)
Where's Slawek?........... Crunch?
Aerosols may be depleting the ozone, but warning labels are depleting the gene pool
OF4WD-5557
xrover
Wrenchhead
Wrenchhead
Make/Model: Nissan Xterra
Year: 2005
Tim's: Large, DC, 1 sweetner

Post by xrover »

Yes, even us snobby land rover owners are treated nice. And damn right we should, we invented the sport! :lol:
2005 Nissan Xterra
2014 Argo 650HD 6x6
rush356
I've used 4-lo
I've used 4-lo
Make/Model: Xterra S
Tim's: Coffee L DD

Post by rush356 »

Hey Scott sounds like its time for new avatar. :)
If you have nothing good to say don't say anything at all.
Big Bird
I've used 4-lo
I've used 4-lo
Make/Model: Nissan Xterra XE
Year: 2001
Tim's: LG COFFEE 2 SGR

Post by Big Bird »

Bender wrote:I hear you Scott, I fear that reaction when and if I go hang with the Suzuki crowd. We have been told by Presidents of other clubs, that they are jealous of our social functions and friendly atmosphere here.

Is that true? Word gets around that far to other clubs?
I asked for a Jelly donut not a maple!!!
Fade_2_Black
Lugnut
Lugnut
Make/Model: Black Jeep Rubicon
Year: 2003
Tim's: Coffee, 2 cream, 1 sugar

Post by Fade_2_Black »

Scotto wrote:Went to a Jeep Show & shine today... Just down the road from where I live. Great rigs, some very well built. But not one person came up and said hello to me. I saw an old friend from Toronto, which was cool, but not one other person came up to me to say, "Hey man, is that your Jeep? Welcome to the Show & Shine. Cool! This is who we are.... "

Kind of sad.

Complete opposite of this place.

Scott
I woulda' said hi. I'm trying my best to not turn into an instant dick after buying my Jeep. (just kidding). I think the close knit atmosphere here is due to the size of the group. We pretty much all know each other in one way or another here. When I bought my Jeep, four of my closest friends already owned them. The exact thing my buddy told me when I bought mine is "Youll meet a couple of cool people through buying new and used parts for this thing but 90% of them will be jerks." When groups get bigger there is always that slight "mob mentality". Look at XOC for example.

This is a great group and glad I'm a part of it.
The member formerly known as avidX...
Scotto

Post by Scotto »

Yeah - I know what you're saying. And I did say "hi." And that's pretty much as far as it went. Maybe it was me, though. Maybe I smelled bad or something.

Anyway - as for rumours of groups and stuff: It's weird but true - word spreads, and sometimes the word is simply rumour and whatnot. I bumped into a couple of PitBoyz a few weeks back and they thought SOXC was a bunch of infighting freaks with Xterras. How they got that idea I could probably guess at, but the point is they were wrong, and I pointed that out to them. Most people think that SOXC (or NTC or CNTC or CDN-NTC or whatever it's called) is a very tight, close-knit bunch of guys. And I will bet somewhere along the line someone has felt, perhaps, that the group is a bit clique-y, in that high-school kind of way.

And it's not like I'm going to say anything bad about these Jeep guys. I'm sure they are a stand-up group that likes to have a lot of fun. It's just my impression on their impression.

As they say, "Just 'cause you have a jeep doesn't mean I have to like you."

Scott
Pezzy
Make/Model: Ford F150
Year: 2018
Tim's: Steeped Tea, 1/2 Sugar

Post by Pezzy »

The only things I've ever heard about us from other clubs is "Oh, that's you?" In response to our coffee meets.
People seem to think that's what we're all about. Granted, it is part of what we are about, but we're much more complex than that! :D

As for the Pitboyz, that's kinda strange. Rob and I used to hang around with their club a bit a few years back, and I don't recall anything bad said about the club. Maybe word got around about some off the web drama that took place a few years ago. I'm so glad that's in the past.
I my PATHFInDERs.
R.I.P. 99.5 Green Machine :cry:
Scotto

Post by Scotto »

I hear ya' Pezzy.

Anyway - to get back on topic: YOU GUYS ARE AWESOME!!! :happydance:

Scott
Bender
Premium Member
Premium Member
Make/Model: Nissan Sentra SER
Tim's: Mcdonalds coffee

Post by Bender »

Big Bird wrote:
Bender wrote:I hear you Scott, I fear that reaction when and if I go hang with the Suzuki crowd. We have been told by Presidents of other clubs, that they are jealous of our social functions and friendly atmosphere here.

Is that true? Word gets around that far to other clubs?

Yes, Pete use you to tell me that all the time. he used to swap swag with other presidents or whatever from other Nissan sites. Comments like " I can't get our club to meet for beer or coffee or whatever once, never mind at least twice a month!".

I do find that we are a tad clicky, but thats cause the new people don't speak up. You were all new once, it starts off slow and builds from there.

Keep this thread in mind the next time someone new shows up. ;)
Snafu
Reactions score: 1
Year: 2007
Tim's: Double milk - no sugar

Post by Snafu »

This thread reminds me to ask, where is the rule about the 99% bit? It use to be at the top of the forum.

We are a clique? I have no idea where that comes from but if so then I am leaving. I think the club always welcomes folks no matter what they drive (yes, even those snobby land rover owners :p). I've had a few folks stop and ask about my truck and about the NTC sticker. Always a good conversation and I always give them the site address to stop by (I think the yellow truck and sticker really attracts folks).

About larger groups with 90% of jerks, there is no need for this unless of course this world is 90% full of jerks (well maybe...). As the club gets bigger then there may be more need for meets outside the general area to maintain the community feeling with the club but I see no reason why a larger group would be full of jerks (myself excluded).

We do have a bunch of stand-up folks here. The call out list is a prime example of this as are the meets and the fix-up days. Totally awesome bunch of people :worthy:

Thanks
Scotto

Post by Scotto »

(I think the yellow truck and sticker really attracts folks).

:agree: :rotfl:
petespath
Farmer
Farmer
Make/Model: Hyundai Elantra
Year: 2009
Tim's: Wish I had a Nissan

Post by petespath »

I can feel the love in the room. :lol:
LGM
I've used 4-lo
I've used 4-lo
Make/Model: Pathfinder Chilkoot
Year: 1998
Tim's: Double Double

Post by LGM »

petespath wrote:I can feel the love in the room. :lol:
:hug:
All Your Base Are Belong To Us!
Rev
Make/Model: Xterra SE
Year: 2008
Tim's: Hot chocolate

Post by Rev »

I know this thread was just resurrected, but I have to say that since joining this group within the last year, and now having wheeled for a season, and participated in various coffee meets, that I have found this group to be extremely friendly, fun, and interesting. The people here have welcomed us in quickly and I’ve seen them do that to other noobs as well. Janis and I were commenting recently, I believe after the fall colours run, how much fun it is to hang out with the CNTC crew. So thanks for that. :love:
Snafu
Year: 2007
Tim's: Double milk - no sugar

Post by Snafu »

After re-reading this thread and getting to know Scott better I now understand why no one talked to him but we like ya anyhow :lol:
Worlds Greatest Acronym:
A.D.O.S.S: Attention Deficit Oooooo Something Shiny! (thanks Simon!)

RIP - Keyser - July 2000 to September 2010 - hope we were as loyal to you as you were to us.
Nd4SpdSe
Premium Member
Premium Member
Make/Model: Pathfinder V8
Year: 2008
Tim's: Ice Cap Supreme

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

Indeed this is a great group and a great bunch of people to know and hang around with!

As a comparion, I've been part of the Mx-3 club for 8 years now, and even pretty mcuh run it now. It for a long time was a pretty close group with alot of participating members and a quite a few of us would hang out regularly, to sadly really no one wanted to come out anymore. The demographic of the Mx-3 owners changed during that time. Alot of the problems it seems (or they said) is that they didn't have the gas money to come out. It was kinda sad that members in a car club didn't want to or couldn't afford to drive to the meets. It's not like our trucks either, we're taking about cars that average over 30mpg here...none wanted to ever go racing (legit) or even to shows anymore...they just got boring. Despite retiring the Mx-3, I'll still run the group and hopefully get things going agan

This club is different...it's not a club about just a specific manufacturer or model (with some exemptions), but it's also about hitting the trails (amungst other things). If you join an off-road club and don't want to go off-roading, than I think there's a problem. It's a club focused on activities rather than the vehicles themselves, and that's where it makes a difference, but it also helps to bring in others with the same (positive) attitude, cause if you're anti-social, you don't fit in or really be able to take part in this club...
2008 Nissan Pathfinder LE - VK56 V8 Power
2001 Nissan Frontier CC SB - Offroad Trailer
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 5-Speed Supercharged