Seriously Considering picking up a Xtrerra

General Chat about the forum, it's members & their trucks.
titan winch
Lugnut
Lugnut
Reactions score: 0
Make/Model: 110 Defender
Year: 1991

Seriously Considering picking up a Xtrerra

Post by titan winch »

This is something i have been thinking about for a while now and i think i may just go ahead and pick up a Xterra over the next couple of months.
I am thinking that perhaps a 2003 model may be a good choice and i don,t really have any preferance for Auto or Manual.
I do want to get the heavy roof bars for the new Roof Top Tents and i think i will need to add the Snorkels that i have ordered to include the Xterra. Jus have to do some homework to see what models fit what years as i think there are 2 types available.
The other big point is the Front Bumpers i am not sure if i like the current Bumpers i have seen on the Market so i may need to do something for myself.
As for Lifting it i think a mild Lift will be good enough .
One question i do have is about the Axles . As a lot of the components seem to share the Navara are the Axles / Ratios the same ? and wil a air locker from the Navara fit the Xterra?
any other pointers i can get in regards to model years would certainly be helpfull when i start my search
Thanks
Xtrapol8
Premium Member
Premium Member
Make/Model: Xterra OR M6
Year: 2008
Tim's: Tea & Cookies

Re: Seriously Considering picking up a Xtrerra

Post by Xtrapol8 »

Welcome almost aboard, Duncan.

With your skills and know-how, I forgive you for not going after a second gen. :-)
HolidayNation
Don't follow me, you wont make it.
Make/Model: Xterra XE stick
Year: 2004
Tim's: 60oz BEER please

Post by HolidayNation »

Good to hear Duncan, that is awesome.

2 Generations, and a couple of versions of each. 2002-04 are the newest style of Gen 1s, and I believe pretty much identicle. 3 versions of Gen 1. XE base model, SE packed version (sunroof, compass/thermo thingy, I think bigger rims etc.) and the SE supercharged. Various items have shown up on them, ie:leather seats.

I don't know if the exact Navaro parts ie:air locker fit, but there is air lockers specific for the X's. The roof racks are all the same, save for some different colour schemes. I believe the SE might have dark/blackish racks. They will support your rooftop tent ala nd4speed's. Having fab skill will serve you well, as I have found the X to be a pita to kit out, compared to other vehicles. However that it what makes it so much fun. 3 inch lift is about the max available, save for a SAS job. There is a long travel kit, but again biggy bucks. 2in BL seems to be the next big one for folks. National4x4 can get stuff for the X, but really expensive. AC(4x4parts.com) is a great place to see what is available. There is a minimal assortment of front bumpers available, the newest being from Bandit Bar as displayed in the latest issue of CAN4wd. However it appears to be around 2300 buckaroos. So feel free to design and build one, and while your at it, I'll take one too.lol. Thus is what I have learned so far. Good luck in your search, they are a worthy vehicle, I love mine as much if not more now, than the day I bought it.

Eric.
(FOG MEMBER)-FRIENDS OF GEOFFREYs WITHOUT BATS]- :)
Where's Slawek?........... Crunch?
Aerosols may be depleting the ozone, but warning labels are depleting the gene pool
OF4WD-5557
BigKen
Make/Model: Nissan Pathfinder
Year: 1990
Tim's: Coffee

Post by BigKen »

Hey Duncan ... It's BigKen from Riding High 4x4 , How you been doing ?
HotWod
Make/Model: Pathfinder LE
Year: 1998
Tim's: Coffee!

Post by HotWod »

Hey Duncan! Hurry up and Join the Nissan experience! ... and hurry up and get those snorkels ;-)
"I believe Chevy's are like tampons, every pussy has one" - Unknown Wiseman
titan winch
Lugnut
Lugnut
Make/Model: 110 Defender
Year: 1991

Post by titan winch »

As A matter of fact i just ordered a bunch of Snorkels along with the Roof Top Tents
Cheers
BigKen
Make/Model: Nissan Pathfinder
Year: 1990
Tim's: Coffee

Post by BigKen »

Hey Duncan what are the Snorkels for you just ordered ? roof top tents sounds cool too , you have them on your site ?
HotWod
Make/Model: Pathfinder LE
Year: 1998
Tim's: Coffee!

Post by HotWod »

Beauty! I can't wait to see them!
"I believe Chevy's are like tampons, every pussy has one" - Unknown Wiseman