Hello from Richmond Hill

Welcome to CNTC. Please check in here before posting!
Bender
Premium Member
Premium Member
Reactions score: 0
Make/Model: Nissan Sentra SER
Year: 2011
Tim's: Mcdonalds coffee

Re: Hello from Richmond Hill

Post by Bender »

Welcome to the club alex, I think I wheeled with you at CampNL back in '06.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v629/ ... G_0006.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v629/ ... G_0029.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
nige
Don't follow me, you wont make it.
Don't follow me, you wont make it.
Make/Model: D22 XE 4x4
Year: 2004
Tim's: LG 2C1S

Post by nige »

welcome, nice trucks! my brother also has an 05 v8 limited, but it is stock. It's pretty cool to see on modified like that. I thought that the safety electronics would castrate their off road performance, but clearly i am wrong ;)

Whereabouts do you plan on making your trips in the 4runner?
OF4WD Member #5472
AlexJet
Sparkplug
Sparkplug
Make/Model: Toyota 4Runner
Year: 2005
Tim's: French Vanila Capuchino

Post by AlexJet »

nige wrote:welcome, nice trucks! my brother also has an 05 v8 limited, but it is stock. It's pretty cool to see on modified like that. I thought that the safety electronics would castrate their off road performance, but clearly i am wrong ;)

Whereabouts do you plan on making your trips in the 4runner?
Yea, they are capable and reliable. Once you build them, they are unstopable ;)

I wheel everywhere. This my DD, so I'm trying to choose from the places where I'll be able to drive home after. This means that I probably won't be going on rock trail with high roll-over risk. I think this is waht 99% of us doing as whe drive our trucks to work everyday.
2005 4Runner V6 Limited
5" lift, 35", ARB locker, ARB & CBI bumpers, Snorkel ...
2001 4Runner V6 Limited
3.5" lift, 33", ARB & CBI bumpers, Snorkel,...
2009 AE Expedition Trailer
35",...
common
I'm learning to use 4-hi
Make/Model: nissan xterra

Post by common »

welcome
CruiserRomey
I've used 4-lo
I've used 4-lo
Make/Model: Toyota Land Cruiser
Year: 7891
Tim's: 1/2 hot choc. 1/2 coffee

Post by CruiserRomey »

AlexJet wrote:Hello guys and girls.
I'm new to this forum, but have over 20 years of off-road experience.
I'm not driving Nissan at this moment, but used to drive Patrol back in Europe.
I started this sport with driving Lada Niva in mountains, then had Suzuki Grand Vitara, 2nd Gen Mitsubishi Pajero, Land Rover Defender 90, Land Rover Discovery Series II, Nissan Patrol, Toyota Land Cruiser 100 GX Series, 3rd Gen Mitsubishi Montero and now drive heavy modified 4th Gen Toyota 4Runner.
I found this forum with great thanks to "Rev" which linked me to here. I'm trying to find people with same interest as many as possible, who like expeditions, off-road and just have a great time outside. So I'm looking to find such people here and I hope we can have fun exploring stuff out together.
just saw this now AlexJet, gotta ask, how'd you find driving/wheelin the Patrol compared to the D90 or even the 100 series?! where any of them diesel?! was it a long or short wheel base patrol? got any pics?!
cheers and a belated welcome from another newb with a yota.
AlexJet
Sparkplug
Sparkplug
Make/Model: Toyota 4Runner
Tim's: French Vanila Capuchino

Post by AlexJet »

CruiserRomey wrote:
AlexJet wrote:Hello guys and girls.
I'm new to this forum, but have over 20 years of off-road experience.
I'm not driving Nissan at this moment, but used to drive Patrol back in Europe.
I started this sport with driving Lada Niva in mountains, then had Suzuki Grand Vitara, 2nd Gen Mitsubishi Pajero, Land Rover Defender 90, Land Rover Discovery Series II, Nissan Patrol, Toyota Land Cruiser 100 GX Series, 3rd Gen Mitsubishi Montero and now drive heavy modified 4th Gen Toyota 4Runner.
I found this forum with great thanks to "Rev" which linked me to here. I'm trying to find people with same interest as many as possible, who like expeditions, off-road and just have a great time outside. So I'm looking to find such people here and I hope we can have fun exploring stuff out together.
just saw this now AlexJet, gotta ask, how'd you find driving/wheelin the Patrol compared to the D90 or even the 100 series?! where any of them diesel?! was it a long or short wheel base patrol? got any pics?!
cheers and a belated welcome from another newb with a yota.
The Patrol I had was LWB Gas version. It was nice, but missed low end torque. D90 I had was Td5 Diesel. That was an awesome engine. I loved D90 for its low end torque, reliability and off-road capabilities. If using truck for off-road adventures with hard trails D90 is the way to go. If planning long haul expeditions, then comfort of Patrol takes the edge.
I drove SWB Patrol and it was much better for off-road then LWB, but still not as D90.
P.S. Loked both trucks, If only had a money to keep all of them....Each one is good for its purpose.
2005 4Runner V6 Limited
5" lift, 35", ARB locker, ARB & CBI bumpers, Snorkel ...
2001 4Runner V6 Limited
3.5" lift, 33", ARB & CBI bumpers, Snorkel,...
2009 AE Expedition Trailer
35",...
CruiserRomey
I've used 4-lo
I've used 4-lo
Make/Model: Toyota Land Cruiser
Year: 7891
Tim's: 1/2 hot choc. 1/2 coffee

Post by CruiserRomey »

ha, cool! yeah, swb patrol would certainly rock the trails! but i hear the TD4.2 on the patrols are just amazing, was really close to gettin a JDM patrol (if it weren't for the 12 litre sump and 2 filters! and slightly harder to find parts..) . . . and i'm sure the 100 series was a comfy mall cruiser, lol, just too nice to bash on the trails. ah well, these dang toys...;)