Wrenchhead
Wrenchhead
Reactions score: 0
Make/Model: Xterra
Year: 2004
Tim's: dd

fuse boxes

Post by nathan »

So I am looking for a fuse box. The purpose I would like to see it do, is to be a source for where I can cleanly hard wire things up to. Like a sat radio, lights, compressor and so on. I know of the one rev purchased but I was wondering if there are any others in the province or if there is a better way to go about this than a fuse box.

Thanks

Nathan
2" BL / 31 MT's on DC-1 RIMS, 2 100 WATT AND 2 55 WATT ROOF MOUNTED LIGHTS
Simon
Make/Model: Nissan Maxima
Year: 2011
Tim's: XL COFFEE ! 1M 1S

Re: fuse boxes

Post by Simon »

You can also get a 12v breaker. Run a nice big wire to it, then you can use a marine battery terminal distribution block off it to serve your accessories. (they should still be fused, separately, inline) While it may not look quite as clean as a fused distribution block, it would allow you to shut off power to all your accessories with the flick of a switch. I've got one for my inverter which is hard wired, and it works great.

For the marine terminal distribution blocks, check Bass Pro shops, or similar. They sell under the name "Johnny Ray"

For the 12v breaker, figure out the amperage you'll be drawing, if you had all your accessories on, and buy one that will suit your needs. I got mine at a local car audio shop.
"CAUTION: Hot shovel in close proximity to my person"-Bow_Tied
Adam
Reactions score: 3
Make/Model: Xterra SE SC
Year: 2002
Tim's: Medium Regular

Post by Adam »

I am planning on getting one of these. I hear they work pretty well:

http://bluesea.com/category/5/21/productline/126" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

You can get something similar at princess auto but I would be weary of its quality. There isn't even a cover.

There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life. -Frank Zappa
PiDGE
Don't follow me, you wont make it.
Don't follow me, you wont make it.
Make/Model: Nissan Frontier KC
Year: 2005
Tim's: not my real name

Post by PiDGE »

That one in the last pic Adamzan posted is the same one I've got and I belive Rev has the same one. I picked up mine at a boat/marine place in Woodbridge. I think I paid around 20 bux. Being in the Kwarthaws I would think you should have no shortage of marine places. Good luck
Early to bed...Early to rise...Fish all day...Make up lies