After 10 years, maybe Good-bye

General Chat about the forum, it's members & their trucks.
Simon
Reactions score: 0
Make/Model: Nissan Maxima
Year: 2011
Tim's: XL COFFEE ! 1M 1S

Re: After 10 years, maybe Good-bye

Post by Simon »

Wow, dig up an old post. :lol:

I did drive it, a few times. Underpowered, and uncomfortable on the road. Not to mention, the back seat is absolutely ridiculous for an adult. NO one sits at a 90 degree angle. It's a great rig off road, for sure. But for a dual use vehicle that spends 90% + of its life on the road, I'd hate it.

I'll stick with my Nissan, thanks.
"CAUTION: Hot shovel in close proximity to my person"-Bow_Tied
Rev
Don't follow me, you wont make it.
Don't follow me, you wont make it.
Make/Model: Xterra SE
Year: 2008
Tim's: Hot chocolate

Post by Rev »

Zeero wrote:
Simon wrote:Unless you're into lack of comfort, stay away from the Wrangler 4 door. RedRubi on our forums is getting rid of his for exactly that reason.
Sorry dude, but thats just one guys opinion. I've been driving mine now across Canada and the US, with a TON of off highway for over 110,000 km's since I got it in December of 2006, and its been an awesome truck. :thumbup:

I say, drive one before making a claim based on one guys thoughts....or even a few guys thoughts, if you still don't like it, then so be it, but at least drive one, on and off road before making a judgement. :teeth:

Just for the record, I have driven a Pathfinder and an XTerra both on and off road, and I love them, but for me, it's me and my JK Unlimited Rubicon all the way! :thumbup:

Good luck in your search for a new ride.
You missed half the thread. He already bought something.
Pezzy
Make/Model: Ford F150
Year: 2018
Tim's: Steeped Tea, 1/2 Sugar

Post by Pezzy »

I think he's just standing up for his rig. :beer:

(Although, I will agree, the back of those Jeeps, especially after going to the Mandarin for dinner, are BRUTAL!)
I my PATHFInDERs.
R.I.P. 99.5 Green Machine :cry:
SkinnyPedal
I've used 4-lo
I've used 4-lo
Make/Model: Lexus LX
Year: 2006

Post by SkinnyPedal »

I have to agree with everybody on here, (yes, even Zeero in a way) The Heeps are truly horrendous to drive. Until I drove my neighbors Ford Fusion last week, the Rubicon was the worst thing I had ever driven on the road.

Having said that, it's also quite possibly my favorite 4-wheeled vehicle I've owned. So there! :rasp:
xcanuk
Lugnut
Lugnut
Make/Model: Xterra
Year: 2000

Post by xcanuk »

The ghost is still around.
The canyon isn't quite 11 months yet, 37000+ km on it, real economic on gas, so far its its been bulletproof. Its nice being back it a pick-up.
I did look at the jeep, didn't mind the ride that much, but I found the interior extremely limiting space wise (mind you, I was coming out of the X which seemed to have acres of useable space)
Cheers everyone... and yes, I do miss the original generation X.
Zeero
Sparkplug
Sparkplug
Make/Model: Jeep Wrangler
Year: 2007
Tim's: Tea

Post by Zeero »

I enjoy the ride personally, and as for the back seats, I don't use them or sit there :lol: and in reality, they are removed half the time anyway for weight reduction and gear loading for trips.

As before, everyone is totally welcome to their opinion, and I am in NO WAY being all angry and retarded :lol: Just saying is all.

Having done a number of on and off road tests for various firms and as a product trainer for new customers for a Land Rover dealer, I figured I'd throw my hat in the ring with my opinion. :teeth:

Yeah, I noticed the new truck was bought, glad you made a choice and its all going forward.....lets see a full review!

:thumbup: :dance: