I Need a Mechanic!!

Having problems with your Nissan truck? Search & post here!
yazza
Premium Member
Premium Member
Reactions score: 0
Make/Model: Solar Yellow Xterra
Year: 2003
Tim's: Large Regular

I Need a Mechanic!!

Post by yazza »

Can anyone out there recommend a good mechanic for my 2003 Xterra?

I need to replace the timing belt and a few other fussy things, so I want someone who has experience with Xterras.

Someone who will use aftermarket parts?

I live in Cambridge, but would be willing to drive a while for someone who knows these trucks well.
Scotto
Make/Model: Xterra Off Road
Year: 2006
Tim's: L Reg

Re: I Need a Mechanic!!

Post by Scotto »

Contact Big Bird (aka John). He's on the board. If you click on the little "Members" button up there beside "Logout," Big Bird is on the 2nd page. Don't try the alpha listing. No one around here can spell, let alone co-relate a guy's user name to the alphabet (that's elf-a-bet for Simon) so it just gives you a 404. Anyway, John even has a thread on this very thing somewhere. Find him...
Simon
Make/Model: Nissan Maxima
Year: 2011
Tim's: XL COFFEE ! 1M 1S

Post by Simon »

Apparently the alphabetical users search is a known issue, and will be fixed in the next update. Sorry about that.

Though, if Mr. Smartypants Geoffrey had checked, he would have told you that you could also click on "Find A Member" next to the alphabetical listing, and type in Big Bird in the username field. That would show you his listing without having to scroll through a whole page of them.

See, the problem with having a neck as long as Geoffrey's is that you end up with your head jammed WAY up your ass, far further than any regular person would be capable of. :fawkdance: :neener:
"CAUTION: Hot shovel in close proximity to my person"-Bow_Tied
lookzcustoms
I've used 4-lo
I've used 4-lo
Make/Model: Titan CC offroad
Tim's: not sure

Post by lookzcustoms »

Geoffrey wrote:Contact Big Bird (aka John). He's on the board. If you click on the little "Members" button up there beside "Logout," Big Bird is on the 2nd page. Don't try the alpha listing. No one around here can spell, let alone co-relate a guy's user name to the alphabet (that's elf-a-bet for Simon) so it just gives you a 404. Anyway, John even has a thread on this very thing somewhere. Find him...
x2
Uprev Injen intake JBA headers Cajun B-pipes Stillen Rad RC traction bars PRG UCA steering heim joints 2"Leveling kit 5100 Bilsteins Brake Performace Premium Brake Rotors & Calipers Nismojunky grounding kit BlackedOut Rims
buttsy
Make/Model: Xterra 4x4 SC
Year: 2004
Tim's: L 1c

Post by buttsy »

Simon wrote:See, the problem with having a neck as long as Geoffrey's is that you end up with your head jammed WAY up your ass, far further than any regular person would be capable of. :fawkdance: :neener:
Technical Term is Cranial Rectosis. Which, for you layman types out there, is taking asshattery to a whole new level. :lol:
I can wire anything directly into anything... I'm the PROFESSOR
Scotto

Post by Scotto »

Simon wrote:Apparently the alphabetical users search is a known issue, and will be fixed in the next update. Sorry about that.

Though, if Mr. Smartypants Geoffrey had checked, he would have told you that you could also click on "Find A Member" next to the alphabetical listing, and type in Big Bird in the username field. That would show you his listing without having to scroll through a whole page of them.

See, the problem with having a neck as long as Geoffrey's is that you end up with your head jammed WAY up your ass, far further than any regular person would be capable of. :fawkdance: :neener:
But you do admit a problem, right? Aren't you an IT guy :geek: ?????????????????

:thumbup: :twisted: :cool: :lol:
Bender
Premium Member
Premium Member
Make/Model: Nissan Sentra SER
Tim's: Mcdonalds coffee

Post by Bender »

I love this banter back and forth, but remember this Scott - don't make too much fun if the guy and girl that keeps this website running. You would be beside your self!
Scotto

Post by Scotto »

No worries, pal.
yazza
Premium Member
Premium Member
Make/Model: Solar Yellow Xterra
Year: 2003
Tim's: Large Regular

Post by yazza »

Nice to see you all getting along so well. I've contacted Big Bear - thanks for the referral!
Scotto

Post by Scotto »

Bender wrote:I love this banter back and forth, but remember this Scott - don't make too much fun if the guy and girl that keeps this website running. You would be beside your self!
I am thinking some talk is always going on behind the scenes. I know b/c I did it once too, when I was feeling a bit abused....

Sometimes when we hit the keyboard we think it's funny, but on the other side not so much. Sorry if I made someone feel bad.

No meanness intended.....
petespath
Farmer
Farmer
Make/Model: Hyundai Elantra
Year: 2009
Tim's: Wish I had a Nissan

Post by petespath »

yazza wrote:Can anyone out there recommend a good mechanic for my 2003 Xterra?

I need to replace the timing belt and a few other fussy things, so I want someone who has experience with Xterras.

Someone who will use aftermarket parts?

I live in Cambridge, but would be willing to drive a while for someone who knows these trucks well.

big bird is good he has helped me.
Snafu
Reactions score: 1
Make/Model: Xterra S
Year: 2007
Tim's: Double milk - no sugar

Post by Snafu »

Don't forget Milton Nissan (Morpheus) who helps the club and members. There is also Guelph Nissan (Shadow).

Nothing against John, who is great too. Just listing options ;)
Worlds Greatest Acronym:
A.D.O.S.S: Attention Deficit Oooooo Something Shiny! (thanks Simon!)

RIP - Keyser - July 2000 to September 2010 - hope we were as loyal to you as you were to us.
Big Bird
I've used 4-lo
I've used 4-lo
Make/Model: Nissan Xterra XE
Year: 2001
Tim's: LG COFFEE 2 SGR

Post by Big Bird »

Thanks guys. Snafu, no harm done.
Simon
Make/Model: Nissan Maxima
Tim's: XL COFFEE ! 1M 1S

Post by Simon »

Geoffrey wrote:
Bender wrote:I love this banter back and forth, but remember this Scott - don't make too much fun if the guy and girl that keeps this website running. You would be beside your self!
I am thinking some talk is always going on behind the scenes. I know b/c I did it once too, when I was feeling a bit abused....

Sometimes when we hit the keyboard we think it's funny, but on the other side not so much. Sorry if I made someone feel bad.

No meanness intended.....
Did you tell on me?!?!! :lol:
"CAUTION: Hot shovel in close proximity to my person"-Bow_Tied