IPF lights

Having problems with your Nissan truck? Search & post here!
Scotto
Reactions score: 0
Make/Model: Xterra Off Road
Year: 2006
Tim's: L Reg

IPF lights

Post by Scotto »

Hey folks;

The IPFs on the truck have finally lost their ability to truly light up the road. Too much corrosion on the reflectors. Normal wear and tear here in the Great White North.

So. I have a couple of sources in the States (in Canada things to double in cost - so much for free trade) with decent prices - $135 for the 868s (two, but I need four) and $140 for the 968s (two), but I wanted to skim some info from this intelligent group (:rotfl:) IPFs aren't the cheapest, but they are good. Do you have a source with good prices? Note that this price includes all the wiring and relays. I don't need that, just the casings (glass and box), and am going to call to see if it is possible to just what I need. If I have to buy new relays etc I'll store them for when the originals break apart.

Next: anyone used the amber lights? I need the 100W on the front of the truck for deer and Fergus drunks on the road. And I was sort of curious to know what the ambers made the road look like. I grab it's a fog light, but I wanted to know the 'down-the-road' spread. My IPFs (when newer) lit the road up some 750m. Do you think the ambers would do that?

Anyway, thanks for any input.

Scott
Miner
Don't follow me, you wont make it.
Don't follow me, you wont make it.
Make/Model: Cummins 2500 HD
Year: 2012
Tim's: McD's 3C1S

Re: IPF lights

Post by Miner »

Can't speak for the Ambers or IPFs. My KCs are not as good as I had hoped they would be. Even when new, replaced under warranty, with 130w (pencil beam) and 100w (fog) bulbs I can't light up the road the way I want. One note, it may be the narrow "long range" design that I don't care for. The 130w driving beam pattern may be a better "light".

Note - You can buy just the lights from KC, to replace existing lights or if you wish to build a custom harness.
Cummins - Zone, BD, AFE, Yokohama, Bestop, Access, VisonX, H&S
Simon wrote:It's not like the membership voted under control of a heavy hand...

Dammit, I've said too much...I'll have to ban you now
Spider 007
Wrenchhead
Wrenchhead
Make/Model: Jeep YJ
Year: 1991
Tim's: Soup & a Sandwich!

Post by Spider 007 »

I got a price of 105$ for a pair of 968s a year ago from a shop in town. I can check if that's still valid if you want. I can't see shipping being more that 20$ from Edmonton to Elora so it should save you some coin... and if you're not in a hurry and can pick them up, I'll ship them to our Cambridge location next time I have stuff going there and you'll save even more!
;)
To lift, or not to lift? What a stupid question...
Scotto

Post by Scotto »

Hey Spider - that would be good. Check on the cost for me. Thanks pal.

Sent from my iThingy
Spider 007
Wrenchhead
Wrenchhead
Make/Model: Jeep YJ
Year: 1991
Tim's: Soup & a Sandwich!

Post by Spider 007 »

Well, it seems he didn't escape the price hike either. $170 for the 868s and $180 for the 968s.

Sorry dude.
To lift, or not to lift? What a stupid question...
Scotto

Post by Scotto »

Well, thanks.
Muddyr50
I'm learning to use 4-hi
Make/Model: Nissan Pathfinder
Year: 1998
Tim's: Hot Chocolate

Post by Muddyr50 »

If by amber you mean yellow then they are great for seeing things you don't normally see with the regular white light. I've been running yellow for over 6 years on all my cars I've owned. I had retro e46 projectors on my first car with 3k hids. And every car after after that I've run 3 k hids. Have them on the pathfinder as well and just picked up some Hella 500FF and 4 blazer fog lights that I'm wrapping with yellow film. You'll notice animals, road signs and markings, trees and people from a greater distance. I also notice they cut through the fog better and thou they are a lot brighter they are easier on the eyes of oncoming motorist and therefore you won't get the constant hig beam from other drivers because your blinding them.

I don't plan on going back to regular halogen or 6k hids on any vehicle I own after running 3K.
deeker
Wrenchhead
Wrenchhead
Make/Model: Rubicon Unlimited
Year: 2008
Tim's: Dr. Pepper!

Post by deeker »

You can get a pair of Rigid Industries Dually LED's for about $180 USD. Lots of light and low draw on the system. You can get coloured lenses for the lights too - red, blue, amber. Also available in spot or flood patterns.
https://www.rigidindustries.com/category-s/131.htm

Scotto

Post by Scotto »

Cool. Thanks lads!

Sent from my iThingy
Ehlectric
I'm learning to use 4-hi