Premium Member
Premium Member
Reactions score: 1
Make/Model: Pathfinder V8
Year: 2008
Tim's: Ice Cap Supreme

SLR UCA's on PML

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

While I'm still weeks again from even acquiring my leaf springs, so as much as I'd like to get the lift done while I'm home, it would be too tight I don't want to risk my ride back to Qc.

Anyway, went to get an alignment after replacing the knuckle, but ironically, a bolt on the passenger UCA is siezed and won't allow for adjustment. That wheel is 1.2 degrees off in positive camper, but the alignment was done do that I'll be ok to drive home and not wear out the tire, but I would like to deal with that. If I was going to replace the bolt, I could always replace the UCA's while I'm at it. I've got set of SLR UCA's for my lift, so I was wondering if I could put those on (might as well throw the new torsion bars on too) and be able to be within spec for an alignment after.

Honestly I doubt anyone has put lift parts on and didn't do much of a lift with them other than the lfit they were designed for, so the perverbial shot in the dark, but wondering/hoping someone may have an insight on this.
2008 Nissan Pathfinder LE - VK56 V8 Power
2001 Nissan Frontier CC SB - Offroad Trailer
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 5-Speed Supercharged
HotWod
Don't follow me, you wont make it.
Don't follow me, you wont make it.
Reactions score: 0
Make/Model: Pathfinder LE
Year: 1998
Tim's: Coffee!

Re: SLR UCA's on PML

Post by HotWod »

You just want to Put the SLR UCA's on with no lift? Sandor had his SLR's on for quite some time with only the PML. Ask him how it worked out
Nd4SpdSe
Premium Member
Premium Member
Reactions score: 1
Make/Model: Pathfinder V8
Year: 2008
Tim's: Ice Cap Supreme

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

Hmm, cool, perfect!

Well, it's mostly cause I don't think there would be time to install the lift cause getting my (remaining) leaf spring will take a few weeks to come in, so we could do the front, but not the rear. I did kinda realise on the drive home on what I said and that the lift isn't really that complicated that would cause my truck to be down; I think I'm overthinking things as always.

If my leafs come in, want to do another lift party in the new year? lol
2008 Nissan Pathfinder LE - VK56 V8 Power
2001 Nissan Frontier CC SB - Offroad Trailer
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 5-Speed Supercharged
Scotto
Reactions score: 0
Make/Model: Xterra Off Road
Year: 2006
Tim's: L Reg

Post by Scotto »

I should think you'd be OK, Michel, with a swap.

When I replaced my UCAs this summer I had to get new camber bolts (and the washers). My old camber bolts didn't have a whole lot of play room, while the new ones (from Nissan) had a lot of room to adjust. I'm not sure why the old bolts and the new ones differed so much in their adjustment abilities. You have old, and seized bolts, so you might find, as I did, that new camber bolts will allow that SLR UCA to be adjusted into spec, even w/o a lift.

Removing that seized bolt is going to be tricky. You don't have a lot of room.