Nisstec Ultimate Lift Installed - Pics

What's new & exciting on your truck?
CAB
Reactions score: 0
Make/Model: Frontier SV
Year: 2011

Nisstec Ultimate Lift Installed - Pics

Post by CAB »

Hi guys, Just thought I'd share a few install pics of my Nisstec lift for anyone interested or researching options for their rig. Nisstec was spectacular to deal with and shipping, though expensive, took one week from CO, to Halifax, which is impressive.

Went with the 600 lb coils as a shrockworks bumper has been ordered (hope to get it shipped by spring if im lucky...stupid lead times with those guys)

Everything went pretty smooth except the bottom shock bolts (both front and rear), which were near impossible to remove. Note that my driveway slopes slightly downhill so it may throw off the actual look a little. I have a pic of the finished lift on perfectly level ground at the bottom.

Stock truck:

Lift Parts:

Front done:

All Done:

Set the shackles to 1.5" and coilovers to yield about 1.75"

I like the approach these guys took on the Bilstein 5100’s, although there are cheaper alternatives out there. I just wanted height adjustment (with ease), quality, and not too over the top. This set up fits the bill perfectly.
Miner
Don't follow me, you wont make it.
Make/Model: Cummins 2500 HD
Year: 2012
Tim's: McD's 3C1S

Re: Nisstec Ultimate Lift Installed - Pics

Post by Miner »

Looks like a nice setup. I'm not familiar with Nisstec but I like the look of those coilovers.

The ride with the Bilsteins should be much better then the "over the top" options that are out there.
Cummins - Zone, BD, AFE, Yokohama, Bestop, Access, VisonX, H&S
Simon wrote:It's not like the membership voted under control of a heavy hand...

Dammit, I've said too much...I'll have to ban you now
Simon
Make/Model: Nissan Maxima
Tim's: XL COFFEE ! 1M 1S

Post by Simon »

Looks great!
"CAUTION: Hot shovel in close proximity to my person"-Bow_Tied
Bow_Tied
Reactions score: 3
Make/Model: Xterra P4X ZR2 Bison
Year: '15/20
Tim's: Medium DD

Post by Bow_Tied »

Very nice!
#MoreRon

"Most of the members are people, but there are a few exceptions." - Miner
the x kid
Premium Member
Premium Member
Reactions score: 2
Make/Model: Jeep JKUR
Year: 2013
Tim's: Med 2 milks 1 sugar

Post by the x kid »

Very sexy.
BigRed44
Premium Member
Premium Member
Reactions score: 1
Make/Model: Xterra Off Road
Year: 2007
Tim's: French Vanilla

Post by BigRed44 »

lookin really good I went PRG but was looking at the nisstec
OF4WD 6318
HAM Call Sign VA3ERX
CNTC Member BigRed44
Overland Bound 9362
PiDGE
Make/Model: Nissan Frontier KC
Year: 2005
Tim's: not my real name

Post by PiDGE »

nice man, looks good.
Early to bed...Early to rise...Fish all day...Make up lies
CAB

Post by CAB »

Thanks guys! My ultimate goal was to reduce the "old man" look of the truck, which I feel was successful. I'm happy with the way out turned out, but am now itching for some 265/75/16 Goodyear wrangler duratracs! I've also got the SPC UCAs in the shed to install which should give me a bit more down travel.

I'm also finding the ride a bit stiff right now, especially off road, but hope that it's remedied once I get the shrock bumper on there.
the x kid
Premium Member
Premium Member
Reactions score: 2
Make/Model: Jeep JKUR
Year: 2013
Tim's: Med 2 milks 1 sugar

Post by the x kid »

Front bumper?
CAB

Post by CAB »

the x kid wrote:Front bumper?
Yeah, I really wanted both front and back but couldn't justify both right now so just went with the front. The lead times from ShrockWorks are apparently horrendous and I was quoted 4 months before start of build. If I'm lucky I'd say it'll arrive here by June.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
FrontyFlyer
Wrenchhead
Wrenchhead
Make/Model: Frontier KC
Tim's: R

Post by FrontyFlyer »

4 months?? thats it? They must be slow, I waited 7 months for my bumper!

BTW: looks great! It never stops now that you've lifted it once...
I like those coilovers, are those bilstein 5125's under there? I've been looking for a sleeve just like that to house the bill's with some custom springs.
05' Frontier 6speed- 35"s locked, lifted, broken in
CAB

Post by CAB »

FrontyFlyer wrote:4 months?? thats it? They must be slow, I waited 7 months for my bumper!

BTW: looks great! It never stops now that you've lifted it once...
I like those coilovers, are those bilstein 5125's under there? I've been looking for a sleeve just like that to house the bill's with some custom springs.
Hahaha, im sure that the lead time given by shrock is optimistic! Then again 7 months wait would anger me as i would have gone with hefty fabworks instead. When you got yours was it shipped truck freight? Did you have to deal with a customs broker yourself or did the freight company do it?

The coilovers are based on the 5100's and can be adjusted very easily using supplied wrenches. Im quite happy with this set up so far but hope the maritime climate and crazy amounts of salt used don't destroy them too quickly. I've also got a set of SPC (light racing) UCAS in the shed but am a little leary to install them as they generally require some grinding of the coilbucket which i am not keen on.
FrontyFlyer
Wrenchhead
Wrenchhead

Post by FrontyFlyer »

It was shipped truck freight big a semi showed up at my house and the prick wouldn't even help me unload it lol. Had to hire a customs broker also (~$200) It was a PITA but absolutely worth it.

I've had the 5100 Bills for a few years now and they still perform like new, I've herd nothing but good things about them. although it looks like you have the extended rear shocks... Make sure you still have the factory rubber bump stops on the axle behind the wheels. I took mine out when I installed deaver leafs and there was no provisions for a bump stop. So when I had my truck fully/over loaded and hit a nasty pothole it bottomed out on the rear shocks instead of the bump stop and blew out one of the shocks!

Can you see if the Bill's were modified to fit in the housing? I wonder if they would sell me just the housing/ spring perch.
CAB

Post by CAB »

Jesus, you got me worried about this truck freight business. Did you shop around for a broker or did shrock suggest one? I'm not very excited to drop another two hundred on brokerage fees. Its going to end up being a very expensive bumper! At least it falls under NAFTA so will be duty free.

As far as the set up of the coilovers I think there is a lip on the inside of the bottom adjustment collar that sits on top of the bilstein "snap ring". . Not sure if nisstec would sell you just the collar and top "spacer' but it would be worth a shot. I found them very easy to get a hold of and Chris was excellent to deal with.

In hind sight I kind of wish I had went with an aal, but I wanted the adjustability of the shackles. My bump stops were not removed. My hope is to eventually put a set of OME Dakar leafs on but that won't be till these stock leafs poop the bed.
FrontyFlyer
Wrenchhead
Wrenchhead

Post by FrontyFlyer »

If I recall, the shipping company notified me and recommended a few brokers, it wasn't that complicated. By the sounds of it they are pretty competitive about pricing I called a few and they were all in the same price range and waiting like vultures to get it across.

Honestly, I'm not that happy with the Deaver AAL's the main reason: you have to remove the beefy overload spring at the bottom. The overload prevents axle wrap, premature flattening and added support should you bottom it out. I'd be willing to bet if I had the overload on I wouldnt have blown a shock... Just for reference, had them on almost 3 years and my leafs are completely flat and sitting at stock height now, with mild offroading and I could have bottomed it out maybe a dozen times.

I think the best setup for the rear is the 10pack. But I've seen a few guys experiment with a set of leafs from the junkyard, double up some of the sections with good results
Last edited by FrontyFlyer on Fri Dec 21, 2012 10:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Miner
Make/Model: Cummins 2500 HD
Year: 2012
Tim's: McD's 3C1S

Post by Miner »

I have the Deaver C-30 pack in the Titan. After over 3 years and hauling lumber, wood, four wheelers and trailers with 500-1000lb tongue weights I don't believe they've sagged. Also on the Titan they greatly reduced axle wrap. I do acknowledge that the application and function on the Titan may differ significantly enough from the Frontier that a great product on one isn't on the other.
Cummins - Zone, BD, AFE, Yokohama, Bestop, Access, VisonX, H&S
Simon wrote:It's not like the membership voted under control of a heavy hand...

Dammit, I've said too much...I'll have to ban you now
saikbran
Make/Model: nissan pathfinder
Year: 1994
Tim's: coffee double double

Post by saikbran »

Looks real nice :)