Need a winch out in markham

Having problems with your Nissan truck? Search & post here!
Muddyr50
I'm learning to use 4-hi
Reactions score: 0
Make/Model: Nissan Pathfinder
Year: 1998
Tim's: Hot Chocolate

Re: Need a winch out in markham

Post by Muddyr50 »

Gimmie a call back 6472039408. I'm working all day Saturday. I'm free Sunday all day and so is petespath. I
Think well need a couple trucks
Muddyr50
I'm learning to use 4-hi

Post by Muddyr50 »

This is the field the truck is in. As you can see it's pretty open. And spread out. Trucks in the middle.
petespath
Farmer
Farmer
Make/Model: Hyundai Elantra
Year: 2009
Tim's: Wish I had a Nissan

Post by petespath »

hi guys could use some tips as well to help get him out.
Scotto
Make/Model: Xterra Off Road
Year: 2006
Tim's: L Reg

Post by Scotto »

You're in a bit of a spot there, dude. And a long way from many of the guys in this club. If you log into Jeepkings, and go to the "Stuck Now, Help!" thread, you can post up and find a lot of people in that area that can get you out. You're going to need some serious help with that mud, not just some guy with a good truck and his winter slicks on. Your f'd up in there.

If you decide to go the Jeepkings route, be prepared to take some heat. Although you probably are in a legal area, there's a good chance you aren't really - that's Hydro land, and belongs to someone - and the lads will flame the hell out of you. But someone will come in with a rig and haul you out.

If I wasn't three hours away I would come and get you. But I am three hours away - sorry.

Scott
Scotto

Post by Scotto »

Pete - your truck will not get in there and drag him out. As soon as you hit that mud you'll sink in and that will be the end of you - let alone when you put a strap to the truck and dig down. You've got your 27" ATs on, or whatever they are, and no lift. It ain't going to freeze in Toronto tonight (although Morpheus' idea was a good one) - it's just going to rain more.

The poor guy needs a good truck - like a big old Xterra with swampers on it, or fat Cherokee on 37s - to get him out, and even then it's a guess on whether it will work.
Miner
Don't follow me, you wont make it.
Make/Model: Cummins 2500 HD
Year: 2012
Tim's: McD's 3C1S

Post by Miner »

Damn, you wouldn't be related to Northern Feller would you? Right now I'd be nervous taking anything without tracks out there. Anything heavy will sink, anything light can't pull you out. Any chance you know 4-6 guys with 700-1000cc ATVs?
Cummins - Zone, BD, AFE, Yokohama, Bestop, Access, VisonX, H&S
Simon wrote:It's not like the membership voted under control of a heavy hand...

Dammit, I've said too much...I'll have to ban you now
Miner
Make/Model: Cummins 2500 HD
Year: 2012
Tim's: McD's 3C1S

Post by Miner »

Nismojunky wrote:Wait not tomorrow i mean saturday heres my cell 519-732-8279
Only advice is scout the driest path/spot to tug from, stay as close to that dirt road as you can and back in. You always need your way out or you'll be paying LookZ and me to get both of you out on Monday.

Good luck fellas.
Cummins - Zone, BD, AFE, Yokohama, Bestop, Access, VisonX, H&S
Simon wrote:It's not like the membership voted under control of a heavy hand...

Dammit, I've said too much...I'll have to ban you now
petespath
Farmer
Farmer

Post by petespath »

since your stuck in Markham can you get any self recovery gear from crappy tire or princess auto. of maybe someone here has gear. (maybe you can could even make something?)
Muddyr50
I'm learning to use 4-hi

Post by Muddyr50 »

The closest spot is 5-600 meters from the truck so we'd need a good 600 meters if rope or cable or whatever to get me out if the rescue truck isn't in the mud :/
I messed up pretty good this time lol
CruiserRomey
I've used 4-lo
I've used 4-lo
Make/Model: Toyota Land Cruiser
Year: 7891
Tim's: 1/2 hot choc. 1/2 coffee

Post by CruiserRomey »

we're chattin about it as well on the toyota forum. a friend (with a lot of experience) suggested the big truck with mudders too, winch, and 2 x 100' ropes and a 2nd vehicle as an anchor point. from what i gather, that's anchored to the winching truck with a tow rope which is then on a snatch block with the stuck rig with tow ropes in between (wet blankets/jackets over the line to drop the line if anything fails). but it'll all boil down to when everyone's there assessing the situation... 600 meters is a long way from anything around a regular tow strap...

hope there are some lessons to be learned ;).

i do have a truck with 35" mudders/locked/winched but it is not insured just yet (i was going to wait another month, and i need to finish a brake job on it....) and not that it'd guaranteed a full recovery..

we have a large yota meet in mississauga on sunday...i wonder if i can suggest the eastern convoy to swing by on the way in the morning to see if they can team up to pull you out...? eitherway, there's gotta be a game plan that's safe and wont cause more lemons in the lemon situation... you need long tow ropes/clevises and at least 2 more trucks with winches..

no probs with the cops so far?
Scotto

Post by Scotto »

The OP posted up on Jeepkings. Worth watching the thread over there if you're bored and want to read a good "got my chair, my computer, and some popcorn" thread.

Good luck, Chris. This being a weekend you might find some big old Jeeps helping you out. Take the flaming over at JK with some humble pie. There have been countless "help me" posts from guys just like you - and most of them are busy flaming you right now.

Scott.

Sent from my iThingy
Muddyr50
I'm learning to use 4-hi

Post by Muddyr50 »

Yeah. I figured flaming would happen on the jeep fourm. I was told by some old buddies that have jeeps now it would happen. But hey. Everyone makes mistakes. I'm cool with the flaming. I just want my truck back. I've had a couple guys message me saying there gonna try and come tonight to help. Hopefully it works. Lesson learned I need to
Learn tons more about offroading and all that.
CruiserRomey
I've used 4-lo
I've used 4-lo

Post by CruiserRomey »

http://www.jeepkings.ca/forums/showthre ... help/page2

i was expecting worse, but at least there are a couple friendly/supportive attitudes there, like yours scotto. :)

Chris, i know the feeling (like many others who have learned the hard way too). been stuck myself in a similar situation in a blizzard (knew nothing of wheelin and general etiquette/do's n don'ts..), 3 days it took me to get out...lesson learned. hang in there.
CruiserRomey
I've used 4-lo
I've used 4-lo

Post by CruiserRomey »

Muddyr50 wrote:Yeah. I figured flaming would happen on the jeep fourm. I was told by some old buddies that have jeeps now it would happen. But hey. Everyone makes mistakes. I'm cool with the flaming. I just want my truck back. I've had a couple guys message me saying there gonna try and come tonight to help. Hopefully it works. Lesson learned I need to
Learn tons more about offroading and all that.
if they come, do take pics. this will make for a nice recovery lesson for us all too. be safe.
Adam
Reactions score: 3
Make/Model: Xterra SE SC
Year: 2002
Tim's: Medium Regular

Post by Adam »

Good luck. I've been there too, lucky for me my boss came with a tractor and hauled it out. If I had the cash I would tour down from o-town to help.

There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life. -Frank Zappa
Scotto

Post by Scotto »

Chris - keep your status updated on these threads (here and at JK). You'll get pulled out, but only if you keep at it.

Sent from my iThingy
Scotto

Post by Scotto »

Kind words Adam, but this truck is seriously stuck. Maybe you and Simon and Morpheus and me and Tankhunter might get him out.

It's so bad this whole club could show up and the next "help I'm stuck thread" on JK will be : CNTC STUCK. HELP!

Sent from my iThingy
shockwave28
Lugnut
Lugnut
Make/Model: Nissan Xterra
Tim's: XL D D

Post by shockwave28 »

I would help, But i don't think my stock truck would help much, If man power is actually needed I may be able to make it. I may also be able to get sx_ual to come with me to help as well.
CruiserRomey
I've used 4-lo
I've used 4-lo

Post by CruiserRomey »

hey Geoffrey, what's your take on all the tresspassing/permit talk and any risks from others going in to help? Chris said that the cop said it's gov't land...?
petespath
Farmer
Farmer

Post by petespath »

Not sure who is all there but they are working on the recovery right now.