rust

Having problems with your Nissan truck? Search & post here!
re-ride
I'm learning to use 4-hi
Reactions score: 0
Make/Model: Frontier
Year: 2002
Tim's: black coffee

rust

Post by re-ride »

Hey, I have a 2002 frontier with rusted rocker panels. Is it possible to replace the panels? They look to me like the panel goes under the doors and up the back of the cab. I havent been able to find any online sources of body panels for Nissan trucks. I don't really want to do the body work but maybe that is the only solution? How has anyone else dealt with rust ion their older Nissans?
Simon
Make/Model: Nissan Maxima
Year: 2011
Tim's: XL COFFEE ! 1M 1S

Re: rust

Post by Simon »

I replaced the rocker on the passenger side of my Xterra. I believe you'll find that the rocker is actually 2 piece. The front section will end somewhere near the rear door, and the back section is part of the structure of the body. There's no replacement part from that from Nissan, and will need to be fabricated as far as I know.
"CAUTION: Hot shovel in close proximity to my person"-Bow_Tied
Nd4SpdSe
Premium Member
Premium Member
Reactions score: 1
Make/Model: Pathfinder V8
Year: 2008
Tim's: Ice Cap Supreme

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

Not sure the exact body model of Frontier you have, but Courtesey Parts does have them

http://www.courtesyparts.com/auto-parts ... ocker-scat
2008 Nissan Pathfinder LE - VK56 V8 Power
2001 Nissan Frontier CC SB - Offroad Trailer
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 5-Speed Supercharged
Adam
Reactions score: 3
Make/Model: Xterra SE SC
Year: 2002
Tim's: Medium Regular

Post by Adam »

They make aftermarket ones for the first gen pathy. I'd be willing to bet they're the same, or you could easily make them fit.

There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life. -Frank Zappa
Drizit
Premium Member
Premium Member
Make/Model: Jeep LJ
Year: 2006
Tim's: Large 2 cream

Post by Drizit »

I don't know how high your rockers are or if this would work on a Nissan but all the xj guys just replace the rockers with 2x6 square tube welded to the body. Combination rust replacement and rock rails.
Morpheus
Make/Model: Xterra
Year: 2003
Tim's: 3x3

Post by Morpheus »

re-ride wrote:Hey, I have a 2002 frontier with rusted rocker panels. Is it possible to replace the panels? They look to me like the panel goes under the doors and up the back of the cab. I havent been able to find any online sources of body panels for Nissan trucks. I don't really want to do the body work but maybe that is the only solution? How has anyone else dealt with rust ion their older Nissans?
There are rocker panels available, but it depends on how much you need to fix.

If it's completely demolished, with no sheet metal left, getting a factory panel is better.

If it's only 1 area that is rusted out, it may be less expensive to simply use some sheet metal, bend to shape, and weld into place.
(FOG MEMBER)-FRIENDS OF GEOFFREY

Epic thread: http://www.cntc.ca/phpbb3/viewtopic.php?f=75&t=3676