Forum was just upgraded to the latest version of phpBB. If you have any issues please report them to the admins or moderators. Enjoy!

Did something fall off my X?

Having problems with your Nissan truck? Search & post here!
mstevey
Premium Member
Premium Member
Reactions score: 0
Make/Model: Xterra Pro-4X
Year: 2014
Tim's: Lg green tea, double milk

Re: Did something fall off my X?

Post by mstevey »

Approx. how much for the parts and can I do that myself?
Adam
Reactions score: 3
Make/Model: Xterra SE SC
Year: 2002
Tim's: Medium Regular

Post by Adam »

Shackles are fairly easy to install with hand tools and a good jack/stands to support the truck. I'll let someone else comment on the spacers as I don't have a 2nd gen.

There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life. -Frank Zappa
Snafu
Reactions score: 1
Make/Model: Xterra S
Year: 2007
Tim's: Double milk - no sugar

Post by Snafu »

mstevey wrote:Update: Job done.

1 new leaf per side installed.

Serpact Spring Service in Milton
$540
Aweome!

Good to know a local shop.
Worlds Greatest Acronym:
A.D.O.S.S: Attention Deficit Oooooo Something Shiny! (thanks Simon!)

RIP - Keyser - July 2000 to September 2010 - hope we were as loyal to you as you were to us.
Snafu

Post by Snafu »

mstevey wrote:What would be the best most cost effective way to achieve a 2" lift?
Extended shackles.
If you touch the leaf pack then you may need new U-bolts as they are (or should be) cut to length one installed. If the new leaf pack (ex. higher arch) is the same thickness then you may get away without needing new U-bolts.
In both cases you will need new (loner) shocks. Most places where you buy the parts also offer longer shocks for the lift.
In the rear I went 1.5" taller leafs with 1.5" lift from shackles with shocks for 3" lift. Hopefully this year I can install the 2" body lift.
Worlds Greatest Acronym:

RIP - Keyser - July 2000 to September 2010 - hope we were as loyal to you as you were to us.
Snafu

Post by Snafu »

Adam wrote:Shackles are fairly easy to install with hand tools and a good jack/stands to support the truck. I'll let someone else comment on the spacers as I don't have a 2nd gen.
Pretty much sums it up. I used two jacks (with stands) when installing new leafs, shackles and bushings but I don't think you will need two jacks for just the shackles.
PS a nice level hard surface really helps (i.e., concrete floor) and if you are doing this in a garage make sure you can get the lifted truck back out or you will need to deflate the tires to squeeze out.
Worlds Greatest Acronym:

BigRed44
Premium Member
Premium Member
Make/Model: Xterra Off Road
Tim's: French Vanilla

Post by BigRed44 »

Snafu wrote:
mstevey wrote:What would be the best most cost effective way to achieve a 2" lift?
Extended shackles.
If you touch the leaf pack then you may need new U-bolts as they are (or should be) cut to length one installed. If the new leaf pack (ex. higher arch) is the same thickness then you may get away without needing new U-bolts.
trust me from experience get new u bolts they don't cost much and are a life saver esepcially if you have one failwhile out any where.
OF4WD 6318
HAM Call Sign VA3ERX
CNTC Member BigRed44
Overland Bound 9362