What did you do to your rig today?

General Chat about the forum, it's members & their trucks.
Bow_Tied
Reactions score: 3
Make/Model: Xterra P4X ZR2 Bison
Year: '15/20
Tim's: Medium DD

Re: What did you do to your rig today?

Post by Bow_Tied »

BigRed44 wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 9:15 am Got the battery back in the x an moved it. forgot to fix teh exhaust leak and it sounds loud as hell now so that's a spring project :D glad everything is working out for the Pathy Adam

Is your tcase selector sorted now?
#MoreRon

"Most of the members are people, but there are a few exceptions." - Miner
Adam
Make/Model: Xterra SE SC
Year: 2002
Tim's: Medium Regular

Post by Adam »

Bow_Tied wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 9:44 pm
Adam wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 7:45 pm Got my money for the pathfinder. After it's fixed I'm going to start driving it more... I parked it to save it from the salt and wear, look what it got me. May as well enjoy it.

Congrats!!   I hope you fared well.

Well enough that I can fix it all and upgrade/repair a few other things that I hadn't purchased yet. Except DAMN, this fuel sending unit was like $170 a few years ago...
Screenshot 2024-02-08 222235.png

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life. -Frank Zappa
Bow_Tied

Post by Bow_Tied »

Yikes. Rockauto?
#MoreRon

Adam

Post by Adam »

Bow_Tied wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 7:18 pm Yikes. Rockauto?

Seems to be the only vehicle where there is not one aftermarket company that makes one... Insane. Might just bite the bullet.

There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life. -Frank Zappa
Nd4SpdSe
Premium Member
Premium Member
Reactions score: 1
Make/Model: Pathfinder V8
Year: 2008
Tim's: Ice Cap Supreme

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

Adam wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 10:24 pm
Bow_Tied wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 9:44 pm

Congrats!!   I hope you fared well.

Well enough that I can fix it all and upgrade/repair a few other things that I hadn't purchased yet. Except DAMN, this fuel sending unit was like $170 a few years ago...Screenshot 2024-02-08 222235.png

Still better value then Nissan's $100 strut nut and $124 washer. Crazy how pieces jumped up.

The R51 got the front suspension changed. HD springs, Bilstein 5100 struts and new top hats. Unfortunately when it went in for an alignment, they said it needed 2 lower all joints, which ended up being 2 new lower control arms as there was too much play on one side. Despite the Z1 UCAs they also installed lower cam bolts to get the alignment squared up. Speaking of that, apparently my rear wasn't square to the truck from the SFD, despite getting it aligned afterwards. Also picked up a new radio while down in Ontario, but will have to wait for the weather to get nice as it'll be involved to change it all, including bypassing the factory amp. Oh, and my projector headlights where done and came in. 
2008 Nissan Pathfinder LE - VK56 V8 Power
2001 Nissan Frontier CC SB - Offroad Trailer
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 5-Speed Supercharged
Bow_Tied

Post by Bow_Tied »

Nd4SpdSe wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 8:35 am The R51 got the front suspension changed. HD springs, Bilstein 5100 struts and new top hats. Unfortunately when it went in for an alignment, they said it needed 2 lower all joints, which ended up being 2 new lower control arms as there was too much play on one side. Despite the Z1 UCAs they also installed lower cam bolts to get the alignment squared up. Speaking of that, apparently my rear wasn't square to the truck from the SFD, despite getting it aligned afterwards. Also picked up a new radio while down in Ontario, but will have to wait for the weather to get nice as it'll be involved to change it all, including bypassing the factory amp. Oh, and my projector headlights where done and came in. 

I had a shop insist I needed cam bolts to front end align our Envoy.  I told them it didn't need them and it was properly adjusted by loosening the lower control arm mounting bolts which have adjustment provision.   I think some shops are either not savvy, have older alignment equipment, or are looking to sell extra parts like cam bolts. 

In your case, were they required due to your mods?
#MoreRon

Adam

Post by Adam »

Every single time I taken mine in for alignment they tell me it needs new uca/camber bolts. I've never replaced them... I feel like they see an older vehicle coming and they just tell you it needs them without even looking at it.

Bow_Tied

Post by Bow_Tied »

It's another part they can mark up and sell while doing the alignment the easy way instead of the way prescribed by the OEM.
#MoreRon

Adam

Post by Adam »

Yeah exactly.

In the last week I fixed a massive power steering leak on my brother's frontier, the hose barb that the resevoir line bolts to had developed a pin hole. Luckily there was a 2004 Xterra at the JY and it had the same piece. On the same rig I found a MINT leather steering wheel so grabbed that for mine.
eec2bf57-57aa-4776-beeb-e96aa39ba780.jpg
Also grabbed the fog lights and may go back for some other bits this week.

Ordered new motor mount for my truck as well since that was something that failed on our calabogie trip in the fall.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Adam

Post by Adam »

Looking to finally replace the broken motor mount on the X... Anyone else done them on a first gen? They look like a tight spot to get to lol.

BigRed44
Premium Member
Premium Member
Reactions score: 1
Make/Model: Xterra Off Road
Year: 2007
Tim's: French Vanilla

Post by BigRed44 »

Adam wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:49 pm Looking to finally replace the broken motor mount on the X... Anyone else done them on a first gen? They look like a tight spot to get to lol.

I know Adres has a couple times but i haven't my self.
OF4WD 6318
HAM Call Sign VA3ERX
CNTC Member BigRed44
Overland Bound 9362
Bow_Tied

Post by Bow_Tied »

Washed my rig on Sunday. Already filthy.
#MoreRon

Adam

Post by Adam »

BigRed44 wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:50 pm
Adam wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:49 pm Looking to finally replace the broken motor mount on the X... Anyone else done them on a first gen? They look like a tight spot to get to lol.

I know Adres has a couple times but i haven't my self.

I've swapped engines on these trucks but that only required taking the nut off that holds it to the bracket on the engine. The other 2 bolts that are on the bottom look like a bear to reach. Might have to pick up some crows feet wrenches or something.