Attention Ottawa Members

General Chat about the forum, it's members & their trucks.
Adam
Reactions score: 3
Make/Model: Xterra SE SC
Year: 2002
Tim's: Medium Regular

Attention Ottawa Members

Post by Adam »

Does anyone know a GOOD exhaust shop in Ottawa? I'm sick and tired of getting the run-around from everyone just because I'm young. I just want honest people to do good work on the day it's scheduled for.

A little background info:

My pathfinder was scheduled to have the exhaust replaced today, this appointment was made last week at a local place. The place that did the safety actually. I dropped it off before they opened this morning as a friend was giving me a ride to Algonquin. When I get home, I find no messages on the home phone and no one had called my cell all day. So I call them and they tell me this, "Oh we're sorry, we thought you were bringing your other truck, and were confused when you left your pathfinder here, we haven't ordered the parts but we could do it sometime later next week." I hung up the phone in absolute fury. After thinking for a moment, I really wondered, what other truck? I only have one on the road, and they're both wd21 pathfinders anyway...So yeah, I was a little po'd to say the least.

Thanks guys.
Last edited by Adam on Fri Sep 12, 2008 1:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life. -Frank Zappa
Jayman
Reactions score: 0
Make/Model: 4x4 Xterra - SC JE
Tim's: Double Double

Re: Attention Ottawa Members

Post by Jayman »

I can't say that I know any reputable muffler shops around, but that's only because I haven't had to take my truck in for exhaust work as of yet.

When I bought my magnflow, I did the install myself, and it's a simple bolt on catback exhaust system, requiring no welding so it was easy.

Now, having said that, way back when I had my Civic (like 6 years ago) I had some exhaust work done on it at the Midas in Orleans, and I had no complaints at all about it. They did good work, and it didn't cost an exhorbitant amount, so...

Not sure that you want to go all the way into Orleans to get the work done, but I can't imagine that you'd have too many issues with the shops in town.

If you know exactly what needs to be done on it, call around to a few places and talk to the guys at the shop. Go with the one that doesn't treat you like an idiot, and gives you a decent quote on the work.
CNTC Pyro Team Captain. Signaling the International Space Station, one bucket at a time.
Adam
Reactions score: 3
Make/Model: Xterra SE SC
Tim's: Medium Regular

Post by Adam »

I retract the comments I made about the place I brought it to. They finally came through in the end and got it done today. This of course was after I calmly b****ed them out.

There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life. -Frank Zappa
Nismooh!
Reactions score: 0
Make/Model: Nissan Frontier KC
Year: 2008
Tim's: L 3xsugar 2xmilk

Post by Nismooh! »

Like Jayman said Midas is pretty good for exhaust. Any work that my vehicles needed ive done myself ( Apprentice Tech) even exhaust work. But once i brought it to Midas in Orleans and they fixed it no problems!