Sparkplug
Sparkplug
Reactions score: 0
Make/Model: Frontier
Year: 2000
Tim's: xl t/t

wheels?

Post by BaTmAn13 »

i want to get a set of rim for my truck. nothing fancy i want those american racing steel rims (the black ones that are offset to give your truck a wider look) anybody know what the bcd is for my 2000 fronty also im looking for a 15 inch rim (aluminum or steel) if you know of anything i should look at let me know eh

cheers :ugeek:
in the event of an off road emergency ......gas and lots of it
Snafu
Reactions score: 1
Make/Model: Xterra S
Year: 2007
Tim's: Double milk - no sugar

Re: wheels?

Post by Snafu »

Careful with a wider offset on your rig. I tried a set of 6-hole chevy stock 15" rims with BFG AT (31") tires. These rims have about an 1.5" offset to the outside. The truck looked awesome with the wider stance but there is a but.

Even though these tires are about an inch smaller than my 265/75/16 there was much more interference to the point where it would have ripped off the front part of the fender/bumper. I even jacked the torsion bars up a couple of inches with a bit of help but there was still some interference.
Worlds Greatest Acronym:
A.D.O.S.S: Attention Deficit Oooooo Something Shiny! (thanks Simon!)

RIP - Keyser - July 2000 to September 2010 - hope we were as loyal to you as you were to us.
Jayman
Make/Model: 4x4 Xterra - SC JE
Year: 2002
Tim's: Double Double

Post by Jayman »

That's why most guys who step up to a 33" tire for their trucks do the body lift.

Yes is is possible to fit 33's without doing the BL, but there is a lot of hammering/cutting/massaging to do to make them fit!

I have a BL sitting in my garage, just waiting to get put on, but I'm holding off until I can afford to get 33's.
CNTC Pyro Team Captain. Signaling the International Space Station, one bucket at a time.
Snafu
Reactions score: 1
Make/Model: Xterra S
Year: 2007
Tim's: Double milk - no sugar

Post by Snafu »

:lol: I too have a 3" BL sitting in my garage waiting to be installed. I am holding back until I get the more important stuff done first. New tires, rear springs and exhaust are next on the list. I better find more customers :lol:
Worlds Greatest Acronym:
A.D.O.S.S: Attention Deficit Oooooo Something Shiny! (thanks Simon!)

RIP - Keyser - July 2000 to September 2010 - hope we were as loyal to you as you were to us.
Simon
Make/Model: Nissan Maxima
Year: 2011
Tim's: XL COFFEE ! 1M 1S

Post by Simon »

You should probably wait to buy tires until your BL is on. You'll be able to fit larger ones at that point.
"CAUTION: Hot shovel in close proximity to my person"-Bow_Tied