NEW Release - Garmin TOPO Canada v4 and BaseCamp Software

Camping, trail gear, recovery, gps, and related accessories.
X-Treme
Reactions score: 0
Make/Model: Xterra - Offroad
Year: 2005

NEW Release - Garmin TOPO Canada v4 and BaseCamp Software

Post by X-Treme »

Garmin recently released a new version of their TOPO Canada maps in both DVD and MicroSD card versions. The main new feature of these maps is elevation data that can be used to display the maps with a three dimensional (3D) view in supported software. That is where this new BaseCamp software come in. From Garmin's web site, "TOPO Canada covers the finer details of the outdoors, including terrain contours, topo elevations, summits, routable roads and trails, rivers, lakes and geographical points."

BaseCamp is a new map management application that supports this new data type (digital elevation model (DEM)) as well as transfers waypoints, tracks, and routes between your PC/Mac and Garmin device and manage your data using topographic Garmin maps that include.

For more info:

TOPO Canada DVD or MicroSD cards

BaseCamp for Windows or for Macintosh.
Watch it! I'm keeping my eye on you.
nige
Don't follow me, you wont make it.
Don't follow me, you wont make it.
Make/Model: D22 XE 4x4
Year: 2004
Tim's: LG 2C1S

Re: NEW Release - Garmin TOPO Canada v4 and BaseCamp Software

Post by nige »

so these are great for people that have the newer garmins like the colorado and oregon series? the 60 series cannot do 3d correct?
OF4WD Member #5472
X-Treme

Post by X-Treme »

nige wrote:so these are great for people that have the newer garmins like the colorado and oregon series? the 60 series cannot do 3d correct?
Garmin's website wasn't clear about that but I would say that it is a good guess.
0ddb4ll
Sparkplug
Sparkplug
Make/Model: Nissan Xterra OR
Year: 2006
Tim's: Coffee M 2M 1S

Post by 0ddb4ll »

They might work - I have the newer version of US topo maps on the 60csx and they are working just fine, albeit no 3D display. I would bet though if you were to get a 60csx and have the application running on your laptop displaying these maps, having the 60csx plugged into the same laptop of course, you might be able to use it quite nicely. I should get the new app and see how the US maps behave...
You are smart if you believe only one half of what you hear. You're a genius if you know which half that should be.
X-Treme

Post by X-Treme »

0ddb4ll wrote:They might work - I have the newer version of US topo maps on the 60csx and they are working just fine, albeit no 3D display. I would bet though if you were to get a 60csx and have the application running on your laptop displaying these maps, having the 60csx plugged into the same laptop of course, you might be able to use it quite nicely. I should get the new app and see how the US maps behave...
You'll get 3D maps in BaseCamp with those US Topo maps.
0ddb4ll
Sparkplug
Sparkplug
Make/Model: Nissan Xterra OR
Year: 2006
Tim's: Coffee M 2M 1S

Post by 0ddb4ll »

X-Treme wrote:You'll get 3D maps in BaseCamp with those US Topo maps.
Yeap, I did. Nothing special though... :confuse:
You are smart if you believe only one half of what you hear. You're a genius if you know which half that should be.