Bandit 4x4 Products - BUSHINGS ARE HERE!

General Chat about the forum, it's members & their trucks.
Jayman
Reactions score: 0
Make/Model: 4x4 Xterra - SC JE
Year: 2002
Tim's: Double Double

Bandit 4x4 Products - BUSHINGS ARE HERE!

Post by Jayman »

***Group-buy closed, product is on it's way! ***

Hey all,

I’m putting together an order a set of BRONZE Idler Arm bushings from Bandit 4x4 to replace the worn out plastic ones in my stock IA.

These bushings will fit the '00-'04 Xterra, '98 - '04 Frontier, and '87 - '95 Pathfinders.

Note, these are replacements for the ones that SLR used to make, and will work with the OEM IA, or any of the OEM modified IA’s that various companies have made (L&P, SLR etc)

He also makes bushings for the Calmini HD IA.

Now, his website sucks (http://www.bandit4x4.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;), but there is a pretty good description of the bushings on XterraFirma.com

http://xterrafirma.com/index.php?name=P ... pic&t=6190" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

As noted in the post above, cost per set is $47.50 USD plus your share of whatever duty and brokerage we are charged (minimal).

*AVAILABLE PRODUCT UPDATE*

Dave just informed me that he also sells the Spherical bearings to replace worn out ones in the SLR centre link. They are $24 per set of 4, and because we are already getting free shipping because of the bushings, there is no shipping fee for these. I'm currently trying to confirm whether or not these will also work in the L&P and HooHaa versions as well.

Anyways, if any of you are interested in getting some BRONZE bushings for your IA, or some replacement spherical bearings for your CL, let me know.

Cheers,
Jay

Order status as of 2009/09/10:

Ok, so according to my fantastical tabulation skillz, we have 11 sets of bushings.

SLR replacement (for OEM IA)

Jayman x2
Bamboozled x1
Sgt_B x1
HolidayNation x1
Adamzan x1
Steelcityslicker x1
Sandor x1
Big Bird x2

Calmini replacements (for Calmini HD IA)

Nige x1
Last edited by Jayman on Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:21 pm, edited 13 times in total.
CNTC Pyro Team Captain. Signaling the International Space Station, one bucket at a time.
Sgt_B
Sparkplug
Sparkplug
Make/Model: Nissan Xterra SE
Year: 2003
Tim's: Grande Bold

Re: Replacement IA bushings - possibly group buy

Post by Sgt_B »

Sounds good. Count me in for a set, brutha. My IA needed some internal bling anyway...
There are 10 types of people in this world: Those who understand binary, and those who do not...
'03 Silver X SE, 3SL+2BL, ARB F-Bumper+MM9.5k Winch, BB R-Bumper, Air-dam lights, 32" Procomp MT's, and a retro SOXC sticker on the rear window.
Jayman

Post by Jayman »

:thumbup:
CNTC Pyro Team Captain. Signaling the International Space Station, one bucket at a time.
Bamboozled
justsoldone
justsoldone
Make/Model: WRX...
Tim's: Needs Baileys.

Post by Bamboozled »

When are you planning on ordering them? I would be interested in a set or two.

ETA: Should have read the whole post :squeam:

How do you want to handle payment? Do I pay him or you at AW?
Last edited by Bamboozled on Fri Aug 21, 2009 4:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jayman

Post by Jayman »

Bamboozled wrote:When are you planning on ordering them? I would be interested in a set or two.
He said that if I let him know over the weekend, he can ship them out Monday morning (basically next day shipping) so...

As I said, my plan is to have them for the AW, so if I wait too long, they won't be in on time.

I figure I can wait until Tuesday night at the LATEST, so that I can pay him and he can ship them out the Wednesday morning. That would give UPS 5 business days to get them to me from NJ.

I'm heading out the Thursday (Sept. 3rd) morning for AW, so they'd need to be delivered to me before Sept 2nd so I can bring them with me.
Bamboozled
justsoldone
justsoldone

Post by Bamboozled »

My bad Jayman. Its been a long day at work!
Jayman

Post by Jayman »

Bamboozled wrote:My bad Jayman. Its been a long day at work!
No worries Mike, it IS Friday after all!

RE: Payment if you want to send me the cash via Paypal, that's ok with me if it's ok with you. :shy:

I'll PM you the details once I know final pricing per set based on # of people interested.

We can do cash at the AW as well, I'm just not sure I can cover the entire order of a lot of people get in on this, as I am sadly not made of money... :cry:
Bamboozled
justsoldone
justsoldone

Post by Bamboozled »

:thumbup:
HolidayNation
Don't follow me, you wont make it.
Make/Model: Xterra XE stick
Year: 2004
Tim's: 60oz BEER please

Re: Replacement Idler Arm bushings - Conf. Group Buy

Post by HolidayNation »

I'm in, pm sent. Hopefully our skids will be in soon and we can have a couple pints prior to AW.
(FOG MEMBER)-FRIENDS OF GEOFFREYs WITHOUT BATS]- :)
Where's Slawek?........... Crunch?
Aerosols may be depleting the ozone, but warning labels are depleting the gene pool
OF4WD-5557
steelcityslicker
Make/Model: Xterra SE
Year: 2000
Tim's: Coffee is good.

Post by steelcityslicker »

Jay,

How long do the plastic ones generally last for? The steering kit I just bought had new plastic ones with it but if they wear out quickly then I may just jump in this deal with you guys.
"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter". - Hemingway
Jayman

Post by Jayman »

steelcityslicker wrote:Jay,

How long do the plastic ones generally last for? The steering kit I just bought had new plastic ones with it but if they wear out quickly then I may just jump in this deal with you guys.
I don't know that it's a question of them wearing out quickly, or whether it's just inherent play in the design.

The stock ones that I had lasted until I started modding the truck (lift, tires etc) and then things quickly starting to go south including wearing out the CL, IA and tie rods. I started modding @ approx. 100K km on the odometer.

I've upgraded my entire steering system (moog inner & outer tie-rods, AC Heavy duty adjusters, Grassroots centerlink, AC IAB) and my goal now is to eliminate as much slop in the system as possible. I put a brand new Idler Arm on about a month ago, and I swear it has as much play in it as the old one. I thought the old one was worn out, but the new one is almost as bad! :fist:

Anyways, the bronze bushings tighten up the clearances considerably in the IA, and I wanted to rebuild my stock one anyways so that it my purpose for getting these, and figured I might as well open it up to anyone else that may be interested.

I'm going to place my order tomorrow night (Monday) so that he can ship them out on Tuesday.
nige
Make/Model: D22 XE 4x4
Year: 2004
Tim's: LG 2C1S

Post by nige »

Hey Jay, i'm intersted in having a spare set for my calmini I/A. I can pp you, or give you cashish @ AW. I hope the calmini I/As all take the same sized bushing. :squeam:
OF4WD Member #5472
Jayman

Post by Jayman »

nige wrote:Hey Jay, i'm intersted in having a spare set for my calmini I/A. I can pp you, or give you cashish @ AW. I hope the calmini I/As all take the same sized bushing. :squeam:
Well, from what I understand, Calmini uses the same IA across their different kits, but I will try and clarify with him to make sure they are the same.

I checked the Calmini site, and although the PN's are different from platform to platform, the IA looks the same?

*Edit* - Confirmed from Dave, the IA in the Calmini kit is the same across all of their steering kits, so Nige, these will work in your IA.
Last edited by Jayman on Mon Aug 24, 2009 12:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jayman

Post by Jayman »

BUMP!

If we get to 8 sets in total, shipping is free and we get a 5% discount.

I need ONE more set to get there... :happydance:
Adam
Reactions score: 3
Make/Model: Xterra SE SC
Tim's: Medium Regular

Post by Adam »

I answered your message on facebook but ill say it here. Count me in.

There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life. -Frank Zappa
Jayman

Post by Jayman »

And that makes 8, group discount!
Jayman

Post by Jayman »

Ok everyone, I have a total of 9 sets, I'm officially closing the group buy, as my payment has been sent to Bandit 4x4.

Here's hoping they come in before next Thursday!
Jayman

Re: Replacement Idler Arm bushings - Group Buy CLOSED!

Post by Jayman »

Ok - I have some good news, and some bad news.

Bad news first...

I just heard back from Dave @ Bandit 4x4, and he sadly does not have enough bushings in stock to complete our order before the AW. He said he only has 3 sets at the moment, and is waiting on an order he has in with his manufacturer.

His lead time is 10 days.

Good news - yay!

Good news is that because I have already paid him for the 9 sets that were ordered, he's upgrading the shipping for us, free of charge. We also get free stickers, with our choice of colours (white, black, blue, red, orange,)

So, for those that have ordered already, we have to wait, and I will have to figure out how to get the bushings to you once they do come in.

For the rest of you, I will modify my first post and re-open the group buy in case there was anyone that missed out. There is also another product that people might be interested in, so see my first post above.

Jay
steelcityslicker
Make/Model: Xterra SE
Year: 2000
Tim's: Coffee is good.

Re: Bandit 4x4 Products - Group Buy Re-opened!

Post by steelcityslicker »

Awesome Jay!

Don't worry about getting them to me for AW I should be fine. Whenever they come in let me know. Any pics of the stickers?

Thanks for doing this by the way :thumbup:
"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter". - Hemingway
Jayman

Re: Bandit 4x4 Products - Group Buy Re-opened!

Post by Jayman »

Hey guys,

Now that AW has come and gone, I'm back on the group buy thing... Please let me know if there is anyone else that may be interested in jumping in on this, see above for what can be ordered.

Sandor, I added your name to the list in my original post, you're in!