Sparkplug
Reactions score: 0
Make/Model: Frontier
Year: 2000
Tim's: xl t/t

looking for headers

Post by BaTmAn13 »

hey guys and girls

so as some of you know my stock exhaust is in many pieces. So I am looking into buying headers for my truck. I have looked around but can not seem to find anything. by any chance do any of you know where i should look?? I have found some sites that offer headers but they don't ship to Canada :cry: Any push in the right direction would be great.

*probably going to need this info
- 2000 Nissan Frontier Desert Runner - 3.3L V6 - VG33E

thanx eh
:ugeek:
in the event of an off road emergency ......gas and lots of it
Nd4SpdSe
Premium Member
Premium Member
Reactions score: 1
Make/Model: Pathfinder V8
Year: 2008
Tim's: Ice Cap Supreme

Re: looking for headers

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

Look for VG30 headers
2008 Nissan Pathfinder LE - VK56 V8 Power
2001 Nissan Frontier CC SB - Offroad Trailer
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 5-Speed Supercharged
BaTmAn13
Sparkplug
Sparkplug

Post by BaTmAn13 »

really will they fit
Snafu
Make/Model: Xterra S
Year: 2007
Tim's: Double milk - no sugar

Post by Snafu »

The only place where I have found headers for the 3.3L is from 4x4parts.com down in the US for about $600. The alternative is to have them custom made.

Morpheus was looking at some headers for a 300zx but they would need some modding to change the flange direction.

I wonder. If enough people are interested then perhaps this is a group buy opportunity?
Worlds Greatest Acronym:
A.D.O.S.S: Attention Deficit Oooooo Something Shiny! (thanks Simon!)

RIP - Keyser - July 2000 to September 2010 - hope we were as loyal to you as you were to us.
steelcityslicker
Don't follow me, you wont make it.
Make/Model: Xterra SE
Tim's: Coffee is good.

Post by steelcityslicker »

Ron,

I agree with you as far as a group buy but I think we need to sort out which is the best and most cost effective way of going. It seems that there has been a lot of work done by others on other sites that have used 300zx headers and such. The link that I had posted in a previous thread does use a 3.0 header which seems to be much more available with prices in the 100 to 200 buck range. I like the one link that shows which cats to use because they have emissions testing in mind. What do you think?

BaTmAn13 - Check out the previous thread entitled r50 headers and it may answer some questions if you haven't already read it.

Dave
"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter". - Hemingway
Simon
Make/Model: Nissan Maxima
Year: 2011
Tim's: XL COFFEE ! 1M 1S

Post by Simon »

Well, it looks like I'll have to go this route in the fairly near future. My manifold leak has very recently become FAR worse, no longer closing up once the truck warms up. I couldn't be happier. :roll:

At any rate, I'm sure I've got some broken studs, and I'm not sure if I want to tackle this myself, but cost will be a factor. Anybody know any cheap, but decent exhaust shops around?
"CAUTION: Hot shovel in close proximity to my person"-Bow_Tied
Adam
Reactions score: 3
Make/Model: Xterra SE SC
Year: 2002
Tim's: Medium Regular

Post by Adam »

Simon wrote:Well, it looks like I'll have to go this route in the fairly near future. My manifold leak has very recently become FAR worse, no longer closing up once the truck warms up. I couldn't be happier. :roll:

At any rate, I'm sure I've got some broken studs, and I'm not sure if I want to tackle this myself, but cost will be a factor. Anybody know any cheap, but decent exhaust shops around?
A place here did mine for 300. Considering the dealer charges like 900 it's still cheaper to drive here! :lol:

That was to replace all of the studs, and the gaskets. I don't remember if they planed the manifolds.

By the way if you need another set of manifolds you can have the ones off our parts truck we just picked up

There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life. -Frank Zappa
BaTmAn13
Sparkplug
Sparkplug

Post by BaTmAn13 »

parts truck eh how much do you want for them I know I am driving down to Ottawa around Christmas so unless i find headers i would love to grab those off of you. I had a look into the VG30 the headers would take to much tinkering to be worth it but a motor swap that would be fun...... :) especially if i swapped for the VG30DETT something about having 300hp and 283fp-lbf :twisted: :twisted:

cheers
Nd4SpdSe
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

I have a friend of a friend with an S/C Xterra, he got a full exhause done with vg30 headers. I'll see about getting info from him.
Adam
Reactions score: 3
Make/Model: Xterra SE SC
Year: 2002
Tim's: Medium Regular

Post by Adam »

BaTmAn13 wrote:parts truck eh how much do you want for them I know I am driving down to Ottawa around Christmas so unless i find headers i would love to grab those off of you. I had a look into the VG30 the headers would take to much tinkering to be worth it but a motor swap that would be fun...... :) especially if i swapped for the VG30DETT something about having 300hp and 283fp-lbf :twisted: :twisted:

cheers
You can even buy the motor out of this one if you want it! Its a 95 XE pathfinder runs awesome (drove it from the guys house about 10 kms away) but the frame is rusty.

There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life. -Frank Zappa
BaTmAn13
Sparkplug
Sparkplug

Post by BaTmAn13 »

check this link out

http://www.clubfrontier.org/forums/f46/ ... yth-48030/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
the VG30 headers fit but it is a pain to get them in there

steelcityslicker
Make/Model: Xterra SE
Tim's: Coffee is good.

Post by steelcityslicker »

Nd4Spdse wrote;
I have a friend of a friend with an S/C Xterra, he got a full exhause done with vg30 headers. I'll see about getting info from him.
Are the exhaust ports on the manifold different on a S/C than a non-S/C? Regardless, any info on someone who has done it would be great. Not that I really need to spend money on something that isn't broke! :lol:
"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter". - Hemingway
Nd4SpdSe
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

steelcityslicker wrote:
Nd4Spdse wrote;
Are the exhaust ports on the manifold different on a S/C than a non-S/C? Regardless, any info on someone who has done it would be great. Not that I really need to spend money on something that isn't broke! :lol:
Yep, the only different is internally, and the intake manifold is replaced by a supercharger, valvetrain is the same as far as I know. He got his at Crappy Car Customs (http://www.crappycarcustoms.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;) and they're for a Pathfinder VG30. His truck is stock, no body lift either.
Ozzker
Wrenchhead
Wrenchhead
Make/Model: Pathfinder[s]
Year: 1980's
Tim's: Large Hot Chocolate

Post by Ozzker »

Nd4SpdSe wrote:
steelcityslicker wrote: Are the exhaust ports on the manifold different on a S/C than a non-S/C? Regardless, any info on someone who has done it would be great. Not that I really need to spend money on something that isn't broke! :lol:
Yep, the only different is internally, and the intake manifold is replaced by a supercharger, valvetrain is the same as far as I know. He got his at Crappy Car Customs (http://www.crappycarcustoms.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;) and they're for a Pathfinder VG30. His truck is stock, no body lift either.
I would be interested in learning more about what he did too because I also have a manifold leak and would like to replace them. My truck is a S/C stock Xterra, so any information you have about your friends friends truck would help me alot. :)
Nd4SpdSe
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

Well, you'd probably be best to ask Crappy themselves about the headers since they did the work, but as for the rest of the exhaust, well, it sounds ricey. My friend told me that and I didn't believe it until I heard it and ya, it does.
weerd 1
Premium Member
Premium Member
Make/Model: Drewbicon
Year: 2013
Tim's: always

Post by weerd 1 »

go to hot rod scotts on kipling and get them to custom make them for your engine it will be about 800 this is the place I will be going when the manifolds crack again
Snafu

Post by Snafu »

What are the specs for those custom headers? 1/4" flange, stainless, etc.?

Would advise you get the headers (or manifolds) powder coated. I know a place ;)
Worlds Greatest Acronym:

RIP - Keyser - July 2000 to September 2010 - hope we were as loyal to you as you were to us.
Nd4SpdSe
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

Snafu wrote:Would advise you get the headers (or manifolds) powder coated. I know a place ;)
Wouldn't it be better get them ceramic coated? I don't know if powdercoating would handle that kind of heat
Snafu

Post by Snafu »

There are different types of coatings. I thought coating process was the same just different material being applied. As long as it is high temp powder coating it should work.
Worlds Greatest Acronym:

BaTmAn13
Sparkplug
Sparkplug

Post by BaTmAn13 »

there it is done

I just ordered headders from 4x4 parts.com now I have to wait

cheers