Digital Clinometers

Camping, trail gear, recovery, gps, and related accessories.
Nd4SpdSe
Premium Member
Premium Member
Reactions score: 1
Make/Model: Pathfinder V8
Year: 2008
Tim's: Ice Cap Supreme

Digital Clinometers

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

Unfortunately there isn't one for a PC-hookup (but there's TONES for the iPhone :cry2:), but in the process of searching, I found these. I know just talking this past weekend that guys look for the JDM factory ones, but they tend to be pricey, but these ones run around the same price, but are digital! :happydance:

http://www.allproducts.com/traffic/nike ... meter.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.allproducts.com/traffic/nike ... meter.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I'm going to try to eventually try to find someone who can do some programming to make one for PC, but this is definitely option #2
2008 Nissan Pathfinder LE - VK56 V8 Power
2001 Nissan Frontier CC SB - Offroad Trailer
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 5-Speed Supercharged
fleurys
Wrenchhead
Wrenchhead
Reactions score: 0
Make/Model: Pathfinder SE
Year: 2001
Tim's: Tim Who ?? hahaha

Re: Digital Clinometers

Post by fleurys »

you might like these also.... I know I do like mine...

http://www.rad1.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The price is actually 100$..
One Life...So many trails !
Luv2xlr8
I'm learning to use 4-hi
Make/Model: X SE Supercharged
Year: 2004

Post by Luv2xlr8 »

If you go to canadian tire they make a small RV clinometer in the RV section of CT. Analogue of course. You get a pack of 2 for $8.00 0-45* A nice cheap alternative. 2sided tape included for install.

Kyle.
Nd4SpdSe
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

Ya, but that's no fun :D
xrover
Wrenchhead
Wrenchhead
Make/Model: Nissan Xterra
Year: 2005
Tim's: Large, DC, 1 sweetner

Post by xrover »

Come on dad, make the beeps go longer!
2005 Nissan Xterra
2014 Argo 650HD 6x6
SlaveX
Premium Member
Premium Member
Make/Model: Xterra
Year: 2002
Tim's: Stupped DD Tea

Post by SlaveX »

fleurys wrote:you might like these also.... I know I do like mine...

http://www.rad1.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The price is actually 100$..

This thing looks really cool, I want one like this! :worthy:
John Wayne wrote:
"Life is hard, it's (even) harder if you're stupid."
steelcityslicker
Don't follow me, you wont make it.
Make/Model: Xterra SE
Year: 2000
Tim's: Coffee is good.

Post by steelcityslicker »

Slavex wrote;
This thing looks really cool, I want one like this!
Is a group buy in order here? I want one too!!! :)
"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter". - Hemingway
leeman
Sparkplug
Sparkplug
Make/Model: Nissan Xterra OR
Tim's: Medium Reg.

Post by leeman »

Count me in as well :thumbup:
2005 Xterra Offroad - Cobra 19 CB radio/Goodyear Wrangler Territory 32"s/2.5" Calmini spacer lift/1.5" Calmini AAL/Pro Comp Extreme 7189s
fleurys
Wrenchhead
Wrenchhead

Post by fleurys »

If that can help, I had ordered mine from eric's performance store from ebay and he was kind enough to declare a value of less then 20$ cad....combine this with usps shipping and you pay no duties... so total for me was 99$ + 34 for shipping to my door step.. not a cent more...

I'm sure if you buy a few from him you could save a few bucks... Here's the details for him : http://myworld.ebay.com/ebaymotors/eric ... partscorp/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

the item : http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Innovate ... 500wt_1182" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Hope this helps...

here's a picture of mine that I hardwired with the console clock for a constant 12V feed. The cable goes inside from the front defrost outlet.
steelcityslicker

Thanks Fleurys for all the info. Ok now, who's in and who's going to take the reigns on this one for a group buy? Sure, you're thinking "Dave, with all of these suggestions and interest it seems the natural choice would be for you to take this on". Unfortunately, if you have those thoughts you would be wrong. :) I honestly would but I've got a little too much going on right now and it'll probably end up ticking someone off. So, who's in? (Leeman with all the U.S. address contacts - hint).

And Fleurys, just how good is the warning sensor on this device? Is it easily heard? I think you'll have to post a video with your truck on the verge of rolling over so we can hear the inclinometer sensor. :lol:
"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter". - Hemingway
fleurys
Wrenchhead
Wrenchhead

Post by fleurys »

you can't miss the beep.. I have not heard it very much because I have set my angle pretty high (maybe too high) but I<ve heard the side warning though... Here it is in action :
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/FhI9y7X_kY0&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/FhI9y7X_kY0&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]
steelcityslicker

Great demonstration. Not sure how much I'll like that beep after awhile but with a volume control that should make it a lot better. I'm thinking you've got your angle set too high there Fleurys! If that guy's starts beeping at 25 with his max at 35 then what's yours set at?! :lol:

I wonder if there's a way to change the beep to something different? It would be kinda cool to have it yell a few obscenities once you're hitting near your max number! Image
fleurys
Wrenchhead
Wrenchhead

Post by fleurys »

yeah maybe... I hit 35 of front angle and did no hear it.. I think i put 50 for front and back... I said to my self that should be good enough for my pucker factor.... for the side to side though I think I put 40... I heard it once when I was at 26 or 30.... pretty cool little device... I can<t wait to organize a trail next year so you can all hear your rad-1 beeping while you're having butterflies in the stomach.. :teeth:

and if you're wondering, I have ask the maker of this (innovate motorsport) and there is a rom memory in there, meaning your set angles will be retained even if the power is off AND that their is no voltage going to the device. This means if you only plug it when you go in a trail (unlike me that is plugged hardwired permanent), you will not have to reset your maximum set angles.. :cool:
Rev
Tim's: Hot chocolate

Post by Rev »

I would REALLy like one of those, but for $100 I'll have to pass. I'll have to look for one of those cheapo CT versions.
leeman
Sparkplug
Sparkplug

Post by leeman »

I just got an email back from Niken about they're two Digital Clinometers and they sell for 45USD. You pay them through Paypal and they ship to Canada for 24USD. Maybe if we get enough other buyers I can get us a deal...? ;)
I don't think they beep like the RadOne but I think I can live with that..
2005 Xterra Offroad - Cobra 19 CB radio/Goodyear Wrangler Territory 32"s/2.5" Calmini spacer lift/1.5" Calmini AAL/Pro Comp Extreme 7189s
steelcityslicker

Sorry Lee, this conversation just reminded me of this:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/arCITMfxvEc&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/arCITMfxvEc&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]

Yeah, I'm gonna have to get the one that makes the "bing" noise.
steelcityslicker

In all seriousness though Levi, I'm really liking the RAD-1 version. The last thing I want to do is to have to try and keep my eye on a smaller guage. The bigger and brighter the better it would be for me. Watching the demonstration video Fleurys posted really shows just how many times the numbers change and how quickly it can change. I'm really not smart enough to be watching a guage too closely while trying not to tip over. The Niken is cheaper but for an extra 40 bucks give or take after shipping I'd rather take the RAD-1. Something to think about anyways. They all seem like they do the job, even the $8 one from CT.

Lee, any pics of your truck yet brother?
leeman
Sparkplug
Sparkplug

Post by leeman »

Yeah you're right man. When it really matters I can never keep an eye on my current analog inclinometer so the Rad One does make more sense. The Niken is 69USD total..so in that case, I found the Rad-1 online for 99USD shipped for free to USAddress. For those who don't want to drive all the way to Niagara Falls, NY, it's around 14 bucks for shipping to Canada.

And Slicker, I'm actually about to work on some pics right now!
ckc123
Lugnut
Lugnut
Year: 2010

Post by ckc123 »

Is anyone interested in one for the Android phones? I've considered coding one (it's actually quite easy)..
Nd4SpdSe
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

Well I suscribed to a thread on Mp3car.com back in early 2009 about finding a software based clinometer for the CarPC (despite the CarPC in the X being down for about a year and a half now, needing a new motherboard and LCD) but there was no such luck...until now, a guy popped up and is working on a solution, working with a Wii Nunchuck at the moment. Development is going well. It's a bit jittery, but it's getting there.