Trailer wiring

Having problems with your Nissan truck? Search & post here!
x-fisher
Lugnut
Lugnut
Reactions score: 0
Make/Model: Xterra SE
Year: 2003
Tim's: milk or water

Trailer wiring

Post by x-fisher »

I went to my local Nissan dealer to pick up the wiring for a trailer, they looked up the part number and had one in stock. I brought it home to find that it does not fit the connector behind my rear bumper. Could it be that they had a miss labeled part? This is a picture of the connector under my bumper, can anyone tell me if this is the regular Nissan one. The dealer gave me a little hassle but did take it back.
Dieter
Sgt_B
Sparkplug
Sparkplug
Make/Model: Nissan Xterra SE
Tim's: Grande Bold

Re: Trailer wiring

Post by Sgt_B »

yep... that's the regular Nissan one. You pulled the blue cap off before trying to insert the new harness, right?
There are 10 types of people in this world: Those who understand binary, and those who do not...
'03 Silver X SE, 3SL+2BL, ARB F-Bumper+MM9.5k Winch, BB R-Bumper, Air-dam lights, 32" Procomp MT's, and a retro SOXC sticker on the rear window.
x-fisher
Lugnut
Lugnut

Post by x-fisher »

I did but the end of the wire harness was to small, might be they had the wrong part labeled, I will go ask them to order one in. They offered to do that but I wanted to make sure it was not the wrong part on my truck first.
Thanks for the reply.
Dieter
Sgt_B
Sparkplug
Sparkplug
Make/Model: Nissan Xterra SE
Tim's: Grande Bold

Post by Sgt_B »

weird... can you post up a pic of what they sold you?
There are 10 types of people in this world: Those who understand binary, and those who do not...
'03 Silver X SE, 3SL+2BL, ARB F-Bumper+MM9.5k Winch, BB R-Bumper, Air-dam lights, 32" Procomp MT's, and a retro SOXC sticker on the rear window.
AlexJet
Sparkplug
Sparkplug
Make/Model: Toyota 4Runner
Year: 2005
Tim's: French Vanila Capuchino

Post by AlexJet »

I'd recommend go to the dealer with your truck, buy the harness, go back to th eparking lot and see if it fit. If it is not then bring the parts guy out and show him the case. May be he orders you a wrong part.

Sometimes things happening in sourced parts suppliers and they get packed in wrong boxes and/or mislabeled. Human factor is the main issue.
2005 4Runner V6 Limited
5" lift, 35", ARB locker, ARB & CBI bumpers, Snorkel ...
2001 4Runner V6 Limited
3.5" lift, 33", ARB & CBI bumpers, Snorkel,...
2009 AE Expedition Trailer
35",...
x-fisher
Lugnut
Lugnut

Post by x-fisher »

I already took it back, when the guy brought it out it had some dust on it and was in a clear bag with a number written on tape.
Dieter