desert runner rear shox....WTF

Having problems with your Nissan truck? Search & post here!
BaTmAn13
Sparkplug
Sparkplug
Reactions score: 0
Make/Model: Frontier
Year: 2000
Tim's: xl t/t

desert runner rear shox....WTF

Post by BaTmAn13 »

so i am replacing all of the shocks in my truck and i have run into a little snag. Front ones went in beautifully after some harsh verbal abuse and about 45 min. My problem is that i got the shocks out of the book (part number was 310000 they are 19" eye to eye but the stock ones (found this out after removing them) are 22-1/4" eye to eye. Now i called the place where i got the shocks from (indocan auto awesome guys to deal with they are on the corner of Dixie and Derry) and they said that it was the correct shock according to the book. Now I am not to sure what exactly my truck is classed as i think it is 4X2 because it has the stance of a 4wd but is only 2wd or is it something else not quite sure on this end but i do know that the rear shocks are long .... real long
my truck is a
2000 Nissan Frontier Desert Runner 2wd with the 3.3l V6

thanx for the help
:ugeek:
nathan
Wrenchhead
Wrenchhead
Make/Model: Xterra
Year: 2004
Tim's: dd

Re: desert runner rear shox....WTF

Post by nathan »

If I am not mistaken your truck will have a 4x4 suspension. They probably gave you the 2x2 shock. I'd make sure they understand that your trucks suspension is on the same platform as a 4x4. Or call the dealer and confirm with them.
2" BL / 31 MT's on DC-1 RIMS, 2 100 WATT AND 2 55 WATT ROOF MOUNTED LIGHTS
BaTmAn13
Sparkplug
Sparkplug
Make/Model: Frontier
Year: 2000
Tim's: xl t/t

Re: desert runner rear shox....WTF

Post by BaTmAn13 »

all fixed i got the proper shocks and installed them now it looks like i have put a lift on my truck because those old shocks have been buggered for such a long time