Camping? Anyone?

General Chat about the forum, it's members & their trucks.
TheZombi
Reactions score: 0
Make/Model: Frontier CC
Year: 2005
Tim's: Double Double

Camping? Anyone?

Post by TheZombi »

Anyone know a fairly accessible camping spot? Wife has decided to pawn off Thezombi Jr. for the weekend and wants to go camping, I debated the end of the minden Hydroline as it is stock truck friendly but I'm reluctant to do that run without backup. If anyone wants to do a overnighter this saturday somewhere stock friendly ( Running semi skidless at moment ) let me know, the more the merrier. Any suggestions on camping spots is much appreciated.
Last edited by TheZombi on Wed Jun 18, 2008 12:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
X-Treme
Make/Model: Xterra - Offroad

Re: Camping?

Post by X-Treme »

There are plenty of places to camp but if you are looking for secluded and/or free then of all the trails to go on alone, I would say that the Minden Hydroline is your best bet if you want to go camping there. There are usually enough other wheelers on that trail that you could probably get help if you needed it. Just stick to the main trail and you should be fine.

If you want a quiet spot by a nice little lake and in the shade of trees I know a great spot just off the Old Nipissing Road north of the Muskoka Lakes about half-way between Hwy 518 and Hwy 124.

I found this by accident when I was exploring the area. There is a dirt trail that leads to the lake and a small clearing at the end of the trail on the shore, enough for a tent or two and there's even a small fire pit. There is a tiny dock at the lake with an old boat tied to it. I don't know who owns it and there are no signs indicating that the property is private. The road going in does show up on my Garmin maps, both City and Canadian Topos but that doesn't necessarily mean it's public property but then again, there are no signs indicating that it isn't.

Unfortunately, I can't guarantee that someone might not be there already so if it is taken up I don't know of an alternative anywhere in that area. At least not a nice one.

Let me know if you are interested and I can give you the exact location.
Watch it! I'm keeping my eye on you.
TheZombi
Make/Model: Frontier CC
Tim's: Double Double

Re: Camping? Anyone?

Post by TheZombi »

So this turned into a north expedition, 4 trucks headed up Sudbury way friday night, Camping at kilarney with wheeling all day saturday, returning Sunday. Have a good wekend all.
Miner
Don't follow me, you wont make it.
Don't follow me, you wont make it.
Make/Model: Cummins 2500 HD
Year: 2012
Tim's: McD's 3C1S

Re: Camping? Anyone?

Post by Miner »

Make sure you pop into Killarney (town of) for some fish a chips. :-)

What trails are you looking at?
Cummins - Zone, BD, AFE, Yokohama, Bestop, Access, VisonX, H&S
Simon wrote:It's not like the membership voted under control of a heavy hand...

Dammit, I've said too much...I'll have to ban you now