Sad, Regretful, Disappointing News

Having problems with your Nissan truck? Search & post here!
X-Treme
Reactions score: 0
Make/Model: Xterra - Offroad
Year: 2005

Sad, Regretful, Disappointing News

Post by X-Treme »

It is with a heavy heart that I bring you this sad, regretful and extremely disappointing news.

The front suspension on my truck…has FAILED! The springs broke…yes, BROKE!

This is the front suspension I bought a few years ago from Automotive Customizers. I'm very disappointed…VERY DISAPPOINTED!

Anyway, time to buy a new front suspension system. Thinking of going with this one from PRG Products. Let me know what you think or if I should consider something else.

Signed,

VERY DISAPPOINTED AND FRANKLY, PISSED OFF!
Watch it! I'm keeping my eye on you.
Snafu
Reactions score: 1
Make/Model: Xterra S
Year: 2007
Tim's: Double milk - no sugar

Re: Sad, Regretful, Disappointing News

Post by Snafu »

Those look great. I have not heard good or bad about them but then I have not been looking.
Worlds Greatest Acronym:
A.D.O.S.S: Attention Deficit Oooooo Something Shiny! (thanks Simon!)

RIP - Keyser - July 2000 to September 2010 - hope we were as loyal to you as you were to us.
Miner
Don't follow me, you wont make it.
Make/Model: Cummins 2500 HD
Year: 2012
Tim's: McD's 3C1S

Post by Miner »

I'm happy with the PRG Rad Flo's that started out on NismoJunky's Titan and are now on mine. It's a simpler design than the mounting of the SwayAways I had before, which in my opinion was a superior concept but a maintenance problem. I feel they offer a better ride than stock or the SwayAways.
Cummins - Zone, BD, AFE, Yokohama, Bestop, Access, VisonX, H&S
Simon wrote:It's not like the membership voted under control of a heavy hand...

Dammit, I've said too much...I'll have to ban you now
Incognito27
Premium Member
Premium Member
Make/Model: Xterra
Year: 2015
Tim's: Donut , Hot Chocolate

Post by Incognito27 »

I am also going to be doing suspension work soon , however i have a large issue with ordering stuff from the US directly as paying customs and duties and brokerage fees grind my gears so to speak , i found a company that has good reviews , hey are a Aussie company that has a Canadian location , and website , so as soon as i got some cash i will be ordering from Ironman 4X4 they have an office in Calgary and the prices are pretty good too.
rcafcoburn
Wrenchhead
Wrenchhead
Make/Model: Nissan Xterra Pro4X
Tim's: Coffee w/a shot of milk

Post by rcafcoburn »

I have the RF 2.0s in mine. Bought used with 12k on em from a TNX member in Calgary. They're great.

Look into the "RadFlo clunk" you will most likely experience. The existing posts on other forums can explain it better than I can. It's really not THAT bad though... You'll hear it from time to time, but it's subtle and will wear out the bolt faster than an aftermarket bolt that fits properly.
JAS
Sparkplug
Sparkplug
Make/Model: Xterra Off-road
Year: 2008
Tim's: Large Regular

Post by JAS »

Hey X-Treme – I have these with the SPC UCA and really like the combo. I am sure you will as well. I do have a few things to point out for your and other’s consideration…
I would never deal with PRG ever again! I ordered these at the extended length with 700# coils. After about 4 x the quoted lead time, I received them at OEM length with two different sets of coils. One coil was a 700# coil and the other was #650. Complaining to PRG got me a set of 700# coils, but no resolution on the long travel vs. OEM travel. It took countless phone calls just to get this far and PRG simply stopped all communication with me. In all of my efforts to get a straight answer about the BS PRG was giving me, I called Radflo directly. They were not surprised at my predicament and told me they heard this before. They did tell me that they had no orders for Xterra stuff from PRG until well after PRG was blaming them for delivery delays (40 or so days after the promised delivery time to me) and they turned it around in a couple of days. Contacting Paypall and Visa customer protection services got PRG off their butts and got me something, but it is not an experience I would wish on you.
This is not a PRG product. The shock is a Radflo product with a stock Eibach spring and a top spacer to fit the Xterra. At the time of ordering I gave the order to PRG because he was so helpful in the decision making process. The whole time Nisstec had the exact product I wanted on the shelf and could have shipped the next day at the same price. Everything else I have ordered form Nisstec since then has shipped and was delivered on time and was correct!
I ended up with stock length CO so I added a leveling spacer so that I could achieve the lift I wanted without adding preload to the coil and to justify the aftermarket UCA I bought to accommodate the extended length CO.
I did check directly with Radflo on the rumor that I can simply remove an internal spacer on the shock to make it the Extended version. Radflo told me that is not the case, they are two different shocks. I was willing to pay for a local shock rebuild to remove this spacer and ultimately get what I wanted – this did not end up being the case.
So ultimately…..
Product is great! PRG service sucked in my experience! I would get these from Nisstec or perhaps Radflo directly.
X-Treme

Post by X-Treme »

Thanks everyone for your feedback. I already placed my order with PRG yesterday. I want to get this fixed as fast a possible.

Incognito27, took a look at the Ironman 4x4 web site and they don't appear to have a suspension kit like the one from PRG/Radflo but it appears you can buy shocks and struts separately and assemble them yourself. I prefer an easy to install, pre-assembled kit. Also, no pricing on the website so it's hard to get an idea of cost.

rcafcoburn, I think the design of the top of the strut has change since those problems cropped up. Hopefully the new design is more reliable.

JAS, I read many good reviews about PRG, especially their customer service. Sorry, yours wasn't as good. I'll keep my fingers crossed that my order goes smoothly. I could have bought the same suspension directly from Radflo but they are $100 more expensive and looking at the Nisstec web site they are $100 more expensive there as well.
Incognito27
Premium Member
Premium Member
Make/Model: Xterra
Tim's: Donut , Hot Chocolate

Post by Incognito27 »

Yea i had to email , but i got all the prices , and for some reason the Canadian site doesn't show the kit , but the Aussie site does , so i based my " build it " kit off the Aussie site , came out to 800 bucks CDN plus tax and shipping for complete leaf spring replacement , and shocks and front coilovers with coils and all the other little hardware also. Hopefully the PRG stuff comes through for you.
Drizit
Premium Member
Premium Member
Make/Model: Jeep LJ
Year: 2006
Tim's: Large 2 cream

Post by Drizit »

Too late for this order but if you guys want radflow stuff in the gta ct motorsports is a reseller for em. Save the shipping and pick em up yourself. Not to mention helping out a local shop.
Miner
Make/Model: Cummins 2500 HD
Year: 2012
Tim's: McD's 3C1S

Post by Miner »

Drizit wrote:Too late for this order but if you guys want radflow stuff in the gta ct motorsports is a reseller for em. Save the shipping and pick em up yourself. Not to mention helping out a local shop.
Good to know. I've looked at their vendor list and didn't see RadFlo.
Cummins - Zone, BD, AFE, Yokohama, Bestop, Access, VisonX, H&S
Simon wrote:It's not like the membership voted under control of a heavy hand...

Dammit, I've said too much...I'll have to ban you now
Drizit
Premium Member
Premium Member
Make/Model: Jeep LJ
Year: 2006
Tim's: Large 2 cream

Post by Drizit »

I'm almost totally sure it was radflow that I've seen him selling to other people.
Snafu

Post by Snafu »

What is the difference between Radlo and PRG?
Worlds Greatest Acronym:

RIP - Keyser - July 2000 to September 2010 - hope we were as loyal to you as you were to us.
X-Treme

Post by X-Treme »

Snafu wrote:What is the difference between Radlo and PRG?
Radflo is a manufacturer/distributor and PRG is a retailer.
Snafu

Post by Snafu »

Makes sense. Thanks
Worlds Greatest Acronym:

the x kid
Premium Member
Premium Member
Reactions score: 2
Make/Model: Jeep JKUR
Year: 2013
Tim's: Med 2 milks 1 sugar

Post by the x kid »

Snafu wrote:Makes sense. Thanks