Gas shortage and safe trip

General Chat about the forum, it's members & their trucks.
HolidayNation
Don't follow me, you wont make it.
Reactions score: 0
Make/Model: Xterra XE stick
Year: 2004
Tim's: 60oz BEER please

Gas shortage and safe trip

Post by HolidayNation »

So, we stayed up late to try and get everything packed and loaded on the truck. (I should have kept my chevy to use as a support vehicle :lol: ) Its huge and looks overloaded, but I am sure the weight isn't that bad. It does however look awesome and if I didn't know better would swear that I am headed on a never ending journey to South America. Anyway, against better judgement, i decided I wouldn't drive into town last night to fill up, figuring I would grab fuel on the way out of town tonight. That being said, the drive into work this morning at 6 proved me wrong once again. The good ole' prices jumped 5 cents a litre at every store. God bless the gougers making sure anyone trying to squeeze the last bit o fun out of a crappy summer gets 'er right in the wallet. :fist: :irked: :rasp: ,.....that is my rant.

Now that being out of the way...I would just like to say that...although I hate to see summer gone, I am glad the A/W is finally here. The boss and I are looking forward to meeting up with everyone attending and toasting those that are not able to attend. Have a safe trip everyone and we will see y'all sometime Tomorrow. :happydance: :dance:

Eric
(FOG MEMBER)-FRIENDS OF GEOFFREYs WITHOUT BATS]- :)
Where's Slawek?........... Crunch?
Aerosols may be depleting the ozone, but warning labels are depleting the gene pool
OF4WD-5557
Simon
Make/Model: Nissan Maxima
Year: 2011
Tim's: XL COFFEE ! 1M 1S

Re: Gas shortage and safe trip

Post by Simon »

I noticed the gas price too. 2 days ago $1.23, yesterday $1.27, today $1.29 Bastards! :fist:
"CAUTION: Hot shovel in close proximity to my person"-Bow_Tied
Scotto
Make/Model: Xterra Off Road
Year: 2006
Tim's: L Reg

Post by Scotto »

Yeah - it's happening here, too. Price is up 4 cents from yesterday, and here I was thinking I was being smart to wait to fuel the truck. On the other hand, 4 cents over 50 litres is $2- - not a whole lot when you get around to thinking about it. I figure my fuel bill will jump $6 for the weekend. So I guess I could smoke half a pack less to recover my costs.

Scott
Simon
Make/Model: Nissan Maxima
Year: 2011
Tim's: XL COFFEE ! 1M 1S

Post by Simon »

Scotto wrote: So I guess I could smoke half a pack less to recover my costs.

Scott
But you won't! :lol:
"CAUTION: Hot shovel in close proximity to my person"-Bow_Tied
X-Treme
Make/Model: Xterra - Offroad
Year: 2005

Post by X-Treme »

Yeah it sucks but Adventure Weekend makes it all worth while. It's the perfect end to Summer!
Watch it! I'm keeping my eye on you.
Jayman
Make/Model: 4x4 Xterra - SC JE
Year: 2002
Tim's: Double Double

Post by Jayman »

Yup, same thing happened here in Ottawa. Went up about 6 cents as of this morning.

Thankfully, I filled up last night. Of course, I filled up last night more so that I wouldn't have to do it today rather then because I was expecting the prices to jump.

$$$ grubbing bastards... Figures! :irked:
CNTC Pyro Team Captain. Signaling the International Space Station, one bucket at a time.
HolidayNation
Make/Model: Xterra XE stick
Year: 2004
Tim's: 60oz BEER please

Post by HolidayNation »

Scotto wrote:Yeah - it's happening here, too. Price is up 4 cents from yesterday, and here I was thinking I was being smart to wait to fuel the truck. On the other hand, 4 cents over 50 litres is $2- - not a whole lot when you get around to thinking about it. I figure my fuel bill will jump $6 for the weekend. So I guess I could smoke half a pack less to recover my costs.

Scott

Always with the silver lining crap eh? :lol: Its not so much the couple of bucks as it is principal…heaven forbid that they cut the little guy some slack…at least the brewers retail feels my pain, and sells cheap ale :dance: . I think I am just po'ed that I have to work today rather than get a jump on the weekend, and since I doubt I will smoke less, maybe I will just buy cheap smokes.
(FOG MEMBER)-FRIENDS OF GEOFFREYs WITHOUT BATS]- :)
Where's Slawek?........... Crunch?
Aerosols may be depleting the ozone, but warning labels are depleting the gene pool
OF4WD-5557